Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103901 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #375 on: April 7, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I sometimes start thinking about characters that have been killed off, like Billy or Ellen Tigh... could they do the ultimate nod to the old series and make Zarek the final one?

Man, Ellen would be a pretty trippy #12.  Tigh would get off the hook emotionally for "killing" her if she just DLed into a new body, plus thn they could ride off into the cylon sunset together.   :P

The question that still bugs me though is this - All the cylons are all hopped up for the hybred baby Hera, right?  Well if Tyrol is a cylon, and he has a baby with Callie (not a cylon... yet), then shouldn't his kid (Nicky?) be a hybred too?   

I guess it hasn't come up yet since no one really know Tyrol is a cylon, but it will be interesting to see how that all plays out... unless of course Callie is the #12 cylon and their baby is then 100% cylon which would another crazy angle to play out maybe?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 7, 2008, 02:20 PM »
I think the final Cylon is going to be a woman.  My first guess is that it might be Ellen but I'd trip if it was someone totally unexpected like Admiral Cain or Kat.  The only glitch in that train of thought is that they're all dead and if the Cylons didn't know who the final 5 were, then how would they download into a new body without being found out?  Eh...4 days...

But one of the things that gets me is how Tigh is a Cylon.  He's Adama's best friend and has been in the Colonial Fleet for ever...but the human Cylons haven't been around that long.  I guess they could have replaced him with a copy but I have to wonder how they programmed him with all of the real Tigh's memories.  The others are younger and it makes more sense...but Tigh.  That's an interesting one.
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 7, 2008, 11:32 PM »
I haven't been watching the series as closely as some of you...do we know for a fact that the "humanoid cylons" don't age?  Sure they download into a fresh body when they die, but they are essentially flesh and blood humans, right?  If so, then the final five could have been created many many years prior as babies that would grow up not knowing they are cylons. 

What I want to know is this: is it just coincidence that 99.9999% of the human race is decimated, but the final five (who all come from different backgrounds) all make it to the Galactica and survive?  That seems a little far fetched.  I'd almost rather see the body snatcher theory come into play - maybe they were all replaced when the cylons boarded Galactica a while back or when they were in the New Caprica camps.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 8, 2008, 10:03 AM »
I think its interesting how they are playing up Baltar as a Christ-like figure. Could that mean the 12 models of Cylons are his apostles? If so, does that mean that one of the 12 will betray him? (Tigh)

Also interesting to see how, I think Helo, stopped the Cylon fleet from destroying the fleet. Does that mean the other seven Cylons now know who at least one of the four unknown Cylon models?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 8, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Also interesting to see how, I think Helo, stopped the Cylon fleet from destroying the fleet. Does that mean the other seven Cylons now know who at least one of the four unknown Cylon models?

I think you mean Anders, but yeah, after the Raider scanned him and 'activated' his mission (I assume) the Cylon attack force broke off and left. There's got to be something more to them than wanting to destroy the human race as they could have easily done so then according to Tigh. And it's not like they want to be friendly, either since the Cylons destroyed at least 1 ship and 600+ souls.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 9, 2008, 06:59 AM »
They said they would reach earth right? They didnt say how many would reach earth.
Funny how no matter how much crap Baltar is in, he always manages to get laid, guy rocks !! :)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2008, 09:48 AM »
I have to say, for a talky episode, this past one was really good. I was dead tired when I watched it and if it wasn't up to snuff, I would have been out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2008, 10:59 AM »
It's cool to see the mech cylons starting to rebel against the skin jobs. Aren't the vintage cylons from Razor starting to rebel too? Are we going to see the return of Xena? Maybe Six could get her out of storage?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:00 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Yeah, that was a great episode. When I heard the rumors of a Cylon Civil War, I was iffy, but the reasoning justifies it.
And I'm glad that we finally got to hear the numbering of the models we didn't know about (except for the Final Five yet). I wish that Simon would get more speaking parts. He seems like the least developed of the Cylon models.

And next weeks episode?? Will Cally buy it?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2008, 01:54 PM »
I figured Adama would give Starbuck a ship to go in search of Earth.  It will be interesting to see her and Helo's adventures.

The Cylon mutiny is what really got me interested this week.  It will be interesting to see where this is going to to go.  As far as the vintage cylons protecting the original hybrid....I thought they were all destroyed by the nuke in Razor.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2008, 02:29 PM »
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20169703,00.html

Here's a link to the picture that i referenced.  It is interesting to revisit after the first two episodes.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2008, 10:30 PM »
With Lee joining the Quorum, it gives a chance to bring Richard Hatch back into the series.  12th Cylon?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2008, 11:11 PM »
That was a very good ep, brunette six was smokin!!
The idea to give the centurions reasoning was great too, be interesting to see what happens to those models that were gunned down when they are reborn.
I really wanna know what they are doing with Lee, seems a strange choice and great to see Baltar getting the weekly action.
Bring on next week.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 13, 2008, 11:42 PM »
I kept expecting to see Tory's spine go all red.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2008, 10:15 AM »
I kept expecting to see Tory's spine go all red.

Which makes me wonder. Why couldn't they come up with a cylon detector that looks for little red dots on a person spine?