Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104401 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2008, 10:51 AM »
I kept expecting to see Tory's spine go all red.

Which makes me wonder. Why couldn't they come up with a cylon detector that looks for little red dots on a person spine?

One, Tory was on her back, maybe Gaius wouldn't be able to see it? Two, Gaius doesn't know about the glowing back anyway (and neither does Helo, for that matter). Makes one wonder if they don't have sex in any position to where they'd see their backs.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2008, 01:38 PM »
I was just trying to make the point that usually, Cylons on human contact is accompanied by the red spine shot - just noticeably different that Tory was on her back.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I was just going to post... Weapons Locker 1701D? But after finishing this weeks episode, I'm just stunned.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2008, 11:08 PM »
STUNNED, and sad.   :(   Speechless.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2008, 11:57 PM »
STUNNED, and sad.   :(   Speechless.

Ditto... when they went in the airlock/launch tube, I was yelling "NO!  Don't do it!"  :'( 

Then, when she sat down, I yelled "NO!  Don't do it!"  :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2008, 05:32 AM »
That was a stunning ending....so one less possibility for final Cylon.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2008, 09:20 AM »
"NO!  Don't do it!"

I was thinking the same when the 2s, 6s, and 8s decided to meet at this point to where they could download the 3s. I knew the 1s were deviant bastards, but they took out 3 Basestars! It doesn't totally wipe out the rebellious Cylons though, since 6 is on Galactica and Athena is on the Demetrius.

Poor Cally! I can't believed they airlocked the innocent girl. She was too trusting though, believing Tori's not an evil Cylon, and handing Nicky to her. All Tori wanted was the Human/Cylon baby and to rid of the fleet of the only person who knew of the 4 new Cylons.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2008, 09:46 AM »

She was too trusting though, believing Tori's not an evil Cylon, and handing Nicky to her.

Yeah, but we didn't know for sure until then. In fact, we still don't know for sure. It's self-preservation. People do the cruelest things to survive sometimes, but it doesn't mean they're evil. Take the mother on the bus in the final episode of MASH for example...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Something about Tori makes me shudder and what she did to Cali is proof of it along with her conversation with Tyrol.  While I don't know what Tigh, Tyrol and Anders will do ultimately, I cannot see them betraying the fleet.  Tori on the otherhand...

Cool to see the Demetrius has more of a crew than just Helo and Starbuck.  I was a little surprised Anders went with her.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Yes, there's something about Tori that just kind of screams out evil, at least to me. While I also understand the self-preservation thing, it will be interesting to see how Cally's death affects the chief (whether he knows that Tori murdered her or if he'll believe it's a suicide) and his relationship with Tori.

As for Anders with Starbuck, I kind of figured he'd be there since they're married, plus it puts a Cylon (even though Sharon's there as well) on the Demetrius. Adds to the drama.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 21, 2008, 10:07 AM »
This is from Galatica Watercooler. http://galacticawatercooler.com/

"Long-time GWCer Solai points out in the GWC forums that Starbuck’s painting from last week’s BSG episode “The Ties That Bind” closely resembles the “ship of lights” that appears in the original Battlestar Galactica series episode “War of the Gods.” As you can see from the screen captures above, they sure look similar.

What does this mean for the series? It could simply be a shout-out to the original series, sort of like the more obvious “weapons locker 1701D” in the same episode. Then again, the last time Starbuck painted something — her mandala — it showed up later to change the course of the series forever.

Wikipedia indicates that the original ship of lights represented technology advanced well beyond that of both the Colonial and Cylon fleets. It traveled very quickly and “its drive system emits an extremely loud sound “which somehow travels through the void of space and can be heard by people in nearby spaceships.” The sound also appears to render humans unconscious.

Maybe more tellingly, in “War of the Gods,” the ship’s inhabitants — glowing beings similar to D’Anna’s vision of the “final five” called “Seraphs” — bring Apollo back from the dead after a botched encounter with “Count Iblis.” (The Seraphs “indicate that they are natural enemies of Iblis,” whom the show “implies” is Satan and whose voice the fully-evil (Count) Baltar recognizes as that of the Cylons’ “Imperious Leader.”)

So who’s up for a quarter bet on whether or not we’ll see any of these related story elements incorporated into the re-imagined BSG?"

Cool huh?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:07 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2008, 02:03 AM »
The episode tonight seems like it will be one of those meaningful ones once the season unfolds a bit more.  Hopefully the season will pick up a bit more on revelations, as we are almost half way now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Awesome catch Paul. That would truly be cool if there was something to that.

As for last night's episode, not the best so far, this season, but like JM said, I think it will have more impact later on.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 26, 2008, 12:04 PM »
My thoughts are, why aren't suspicions being raised as to why Tigh is hanging with Six in the brig (besides the fact she's hot)? Especially when he tossed out the two that were supervising her? I think that should ring some worry bells to someone (not that it proves he's a Cylon or anything).

And why wouldn't anyone wonder why Tyrol, Tigh and Tory are hanging out all the time?

Do you think that Tyrol actually meant the things he said about Cally, or is he just trying not to feel guilty about her death?

It was a pretty good episode. Interesting to see that Tigh now has a virtual Ellen that he's seeing in Six's place.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 28, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I think the 12th cylon is ...(I dont know his name its the "old Apolo" from the old BSG)  the VP now.  Once Rosaline dies, who becomes president????