Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104385 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #405 on: April 28, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Tom Zarek...

Yeah, I've made that speculation a while back to make a nod to the old series. I might have to rewatch the episode with D'Anna Biers in them. She apologized to one of the Final 5, so possibly she might have slighted an unrevealed Cylon.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 28, 2008, 10:47 PM »
It might also be Tigh since they poked his frakkin' eye out.  And there is that speculation about the importance of the right eye.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2008, 01:01 AM »
It might also be Tigh since they poked his frakkin' eye out.  And there is that speculation about the importance of the right eye.
He is a cylon just not #12

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2008, 09:16 AM »
It might also be Tigh since they poked his frakkin' eye out. 

Exactly what I thought as soon as she apologized.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Didn't think about the Tigh/eye thing. Makes sense.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2008, 08:44 PM »
He is a cylon just not #12

I know. I was just trying to explain the apology.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 3, 2008, 01:06 AM »
Liked tonight's episode a lot better than last weeks.  Things are picking up and we should have a heck of a next couple of weeks.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 3, 2008, 10:55 AM »
It was weird not having Roslin or the Adamas onscreen, but I know they needed to develop the tension onboard the Demetrius. Good episode.

Helo: well just an all-around character building episode for Helo, really. You could see the conflict about feeling he was doing the right thing in opposing Kara, yet feeling he was betraying her friendship in doing so. Interesting to see Helo pistol-whip that insubordinate pilot. It was also interesting that he called out Sharon for sowing discord amongst the crew. And from the preview, does he get knee-capped by Anders??

Tyrol's new look makes him look like a mass-murdering psychopath! (I guess in essence, he is by nuking the colonies). It will be interesting to see how his character progress (or degresses).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 4, 2008, 09:36 AM »
A lot better than last weeks.  You can tell they're winding down the series as well with all the long time characters they're killing off. Bummer they got rid of that sergeant.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 4, 2008, 01:39 PM »
A lot better than last weeks.  You can tell they're winding down the series as well with all the long time characters they're killing off. Bummer they got rid of that sergeant.

You mean the sergeant that was so well loved that you can't remember her name?   ;)  I just watched the last episode online last night and roughly twelve hours later, i can't remember her name either.  I'm fairly happy with Season 4 so far and defiitely don't miss anyone that's been knocked off to date.

As for Helo, he is just about my favorite character after last night.  I thought the conflict wasn't so much in his friendship with kara, but that he is military through and through and you do not break orders regardless of your personal feelings.  I think the conflict in him was going against what he "knew" was the right thing to do versus disobeying an order, which goes against the very essence of his character.  Great job of acting - I hope this guy gets cast in more Sci Fi stuff once BG is done.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 4, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Great job of acting - I hope this guy gets cast in more Sci Fi stuff once BG is done.

More Sci Fi? I want to see him in bigger things, and not just sci-fi... the guy is a really good actor. Definitely someone I could see doing great in a war movie or summer action movie.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 4, 2008, 06:05 PM »
I think if you start to put things together the 12th clyon is Tom Zeark.  I think the Clyons original plan was to have a cylon in charge of the military ( tigh) that is why Sharon/Boomer try to kill Adama, and to have Zeark in charge of the poltical side...if you go back to the episodes right before Adama is shot, Tom almost won the VP ...of course he is now in VP and minipulating Apolo into weaking rosaline now that he is on the committie of 12...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 4, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Great job of acting - I hope this guy gets cast in more Sci Fi stuff once BG is done.

More Sci Fi? I want to see him in bigger things, and not just sci-fi... the guy is a really good actor. Definitely someone I could see doing great in a war movie or summer action movie.

I just refer to the general genre of action flicks these days as sci-fi.  I'd be fine if it was a war or some other kind of action movie, though I'd base my decision to see such a movie on the premise of the story, not whether or not he's in it. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 4, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about those Sci-Fi channel movies, such as Volcano Island with Killer Sheep on a Spaceship with T-Rex Ghost People Ripping Off Three Different Films. Sorry about the misunderstanding there...  :-[

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #419 on: May 4, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Tahmoh Penikett, who plays Helo, was recently cast in Joss Whedon's new series, Dollhouse. So he'll be in that, which is great.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk