Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104495 times)

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2008, 11:10 PM »
WTF happened tonight? Great changes to the whole dynamic of the show.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I agree, however there was one glaring motivational plot gap for me. Adama threw the book at Athena, but after throwing a few punches at Tigh, he gives him command. ??? Otherwise, good stuff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2008, 04:27 PM »
 A little clue about the finale cylon..I was watching the re airing of the season 2 at 2:00 am on sat..( actually I drv'rd it) and they showed the episode where they go to the temple of Athena, well when they return to BSG Adama is giving a speach giving his support for Laura..well the cam pans the audience..and Tigh,Gata,and the Chief are shown one,two, and three  I would swear tori was right behind them..it was also interesting that it was the episode where baltar realizes the Sharon/Althena baby is the one that #6  Caprica-Six has been talking about..and it was funny that last night Adama gets into her  Athena's face for shoting #6 Natalie...all goes back to the vison of Caprica-Six and Baltar taking the baby..

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 7, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Loved tonight's episode.  I am bummed they did not reveal the last one; I wonder if we will get it next week at all.  Seems to building too slow. 

I liked the technique they used for the last two weeks.  Very cool.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 7, 2008, 01:24 AM »
I agree, but I am really looking forward to next weeks, cause it won't be back until 2009....

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 7, 2008, 02:13 AM »
Enjoyed tonight's episode, liked the action and looking forward to next week's episode. 

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 7, 2008, 07:56 AM »
Baltar..he was great last night when he was talking to that Cylon.. ;D

Here is a link ( kind of Spolier) about the upcoming new show "Caprica" but I will paste this clue has to to with who is the last Cylon...think about last nights show in the context of this..

http://www.syfyportal.com/news425091.html

The words of the Cylon hybrid in last year's "Battlestar Galactica" telemovie "Razor" still echo in the ears of many fans.

"And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them."

FYI on the re-airing of the series sat morning, it was the episode where they introduce Ms.De'ann....I love how they are showing the relavant episodes from preivious seasons with the new episodes.. Just curious how does De'Ann end up being exposed?

« Last Edit: June 7, 2008, 10:02 AM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 7, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Last night was a great episode, better than last weeks. It's the first one that Jane Espinson wrote that really felt like a Jane Espinson episode with the snappy dialogue.

But, what was the deal with Pike? He got injured, jumped and they never picked it up. Important thread or a tragic end to a minor character? Hmmm....
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 7, 2008, 11:48 AM »
But, what was the deal with Pike? He got injured, jumped and they never picked it up. Important thread or a tragic end to a minor character? Hmmm....

He was the one that they found returned, but dead in the previous episode.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 8, 2008, 09:43 AM »

Geeze, I'm getting old. Thanks.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #490 on: June 8, 2008, 11:59 AM »
The last two episodes were great!  Odd how the preview for this week was hinting at Rosalyn being the 5th cylon, but I'm glad it was all a joke (or so I hope).

Another interesting fact is that Caprica Six is pregnant with Tigh's baby?!  That would make a thirteenth model wouldn't it?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 8, 2008, 01:08 PM »

Geeze, I'm getting old. Thanks.

I glad that you were able to decypher that. After re-reading it, it was pretty vague.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 8, 2008, 01:41 PM »
"hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering." This totaly describes Laura and Baltar's scene from last episode when he confesses to her that he was the one that helped pass the "codes" to the Cylons. In some ways hasn't Baltar been looking for redemption all this time...and where was Caprica 6 during the scene with him and Laura..You think she would have some where...

Or could  "hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering."   Gata and what he is going through.

Does anyone think that the final Cylon has know all along they were a Clylon and who the other 4 Clylon's were? It's just odd the 5th did not join the other 4 when they realized they were Cylons....or does Cavil know who they are and that is why he got so much enoyment out of tormenting Tigh on New Caprica? Maybe that is why he poked out his eye.. ;D He (Cavil)clearly would not like the idea of 5 more models that would have challenged his "power" amoung the other models..

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 8, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Another interesting fact is that Caprica Six is pregnant with Tigh's baby?!  That would make a thirteenth model wouldn't it?

Actually, it would be the 15th model...

13: Hera (child of Athena and Helo)
14: Child of the Chief and Callie (can't recall the kid's name)
15: Tigh and Caprica Six's baby

Or did I forget one? I think that's it, but I don't think they're counting children born of Human/Cylon mating as unique models since it's not like they have the ability to resurrect. (well none of them have the ability to resurrect anymore, but that's besides the point)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 8, 2008, 07:33 PM »
That was another great episode, I didnt think Roslin would take his bandages off, and yeah Baltar talking to the centurion was good,  wonder what he was trying to accomplish with it though.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself