Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104524 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Man episode 3 was awesome, but it finished in such a way, man I cant wait for another 7 days to find out what happens.
Not fair, BSG should be on twice a week.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Don't the previews stink? They're giving away too much. I mean come on, after all the time they spend on Adama ordering Lee to look for Earth and not rescue the people on New Caprica, the first line in the preview - "Two Battlestars have just jumped into orbit." >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2006, 03:20 PM »
There is a pretty good Battlestar Galactica podcast out there that discusses all of these things per episode.

The Combat Information Center

Basically, I can't stand how Starbuck went soft regarding her "child". She should have killed it as soon as she saw it. I don't think its really her's. Besides, this completely destroys the whole idea of Sharon's baby being the shape of things to come. Now the Cylons can create hybrids any old time they want.

They need to just get back into space and get back to looking for earth.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2006, 10:43 AM »

Basically, I can't stand how Starbuck went soft regarding her "child". She should have killed it as soon as she saw it. I don't think its really her's. Besides, this completely destroys the whole idea of Sharon's baby being the shape of things to come. Now the Cylons can create hybrids any old time they want.

I kind of feel the same way. They're making out Sharon's Baby to be the first, but Starbucks is older (I think.) I wouldn't have been surprised if she had killed the kid as well, but it is half human (if it's even a hybred) and I don't know if she's that cold blooded.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Maybe its just a way to mess with Starbuck's mind. Besides, Lucy Lawless is  is still looking for Sharon's baby so it must still be important.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2006, 12:11 PM »
I don't think that "Starbuck's baby" is actually part cylon.  Remember what Adama said about that model always lying.  I think the child may be from Starbuck's missing ovary, but they inseminated it with another human.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2006, 04:51 PM »
I don't think that "Starbuck's baby" is actually part cylon. Remember what Adama said about that model always lying. I think the child may be from Starbuck's missing ovary, but they inseminated it with another human.

That could be or the opposite could be true and she is in fact 100% cylon, and is either a new model, or one of the models we haven't seen yet. There are 12 models and if my count is correct we only know who 7 of them are, there's Number Six, Sharon, Doral, Brother Cavil, Simon, Leoben, and D'Anna Biers. For all we know Leoben is just frackin (had to say it) with Kara, and is using the child to break her.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Kind of a bummer that I'll be in Maine this Friday at my sister's rehearsal dinner and unable to see the episode.

Thank God for Tivo!

I also am not convinced that the preview is showing the Galactica and Pegasus jumping into New Caprica space.  It could be a spoofing technique used by Adama to make the Cylons think there are two battlestars in the fight instead of just the Galactica.

Of course I still think Lee will Jump the Pegasus in to save the day.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 06:52 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Matt, either way, you're right because I can't see Pegasus not jumping in to save the day.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2006, 10:25 PM »
And when Lee pops in with Pegasus it gives him the drive again and he becomes buff and looses the fat suit.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline vinalcape

• Youngling
  • THE END IS NEAR!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2006, 05:10 PM »
I just finished s2 on dvd and missed the 1st episode of s3. I hope it airs again soon.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2006, 03:53 PM »
I just finished s2 on dvd and missed the 1st episode of s3. I hope it airs again soon.

That's irksome that they split the season in 2. I only got half way into Season 2 myself. But I'm kind of catching up.

I agree with the Starbuck mom thing. But I don't think she's gone soft. I think (hopefully) she's acting so that Leoben thinks she's his.
Not sure why most Cylons are thinking they've got to get with humans, though. If they can bear human-human Cylons, then why can't they produce two humanoid Cylons. Why the fixation. Somethings up with the Cylons we don't know about.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2006, 10:13 PM »
My take is that the cylons truly want to be loved.  Simple, but it's at the core of what makes us human....anyway...that episode knocked the frakin' socks off my ass.  I hope Lucas is paying attention to this show. This is how SW TV could be succesful.  I loved how there were three suspence heavy episodes leading up to one all-fight episode.  Too cool.

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2006, 06:44 AM »
I was very pleased with the episode. I will not post anything that will ruin the episode for anyone who had not seen it yet, but I will say Adama's battle plan was extremely impressive. What he did ranked definitely in the top ten coolest maneuvers I have ever seen done with a starship in any sci-fi show...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Pleased? Last nights episode rocked! Aside from the fact that in one minute's worth of screen time the BG FX team put to shame two entire movies worth of visual FX from the last two SW movies, the show proved once again that it has the guts to do the unthinkable.