Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104410 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #15 on: August 8, 2005, 05:46 PM »
I enjoy it, as well as the rest of the Sci Fi Friday line-up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 8, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Stargate, Atlantis, then Battlestar!

good line up!  My only sore spot with Battlestar is it goes too much into the dementia and sexual stuff with Dr. Baltar.

I'm a bit leery of how Stargate SG-1 is progressing now that they'd totally changed up the cast.  I keep seeing Amanda Tapping listed on the credits, but it doesn't look as if she'll be around.  That's a pity.

I'm loving how Atlantis is going along though!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: August 8, 2005, 06:13 PM »
I watch SG-1 and Atlantis religiously but I have never actually watched Galactica. I wasn't even born for the orignal and I missed the Mini-series and the Season 1 premeire so I figured I'd wait and try and watch it later. I can't start watching it now or I'd have no idea what is going on. If I can ever find the DVDs cheap, I'll try and catch up and get into it, it looks and sounds like a good show. SG-1 will always be the best Sci-Fi show though. :)

And Amanda will be back, she was on maternity leave for the first 5 eipisodes, She will be back in "Beadhead," which premieres in 2 weeks.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 8, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Ryan,

I have the miniseries on Dvd....season one is not out yet, but I have a bunch of the episodes on either tape or tivo.

It's going to interesting how they bring Amanda Tapping back to the team, but the writing of this show has never been bad.  I really like the knew bad guys in SG-1.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 8, 2005, 10:09 PM »
I think they dumped the Gou'ld too fast.  Actually, just too many changes at once.   Anderson becoming, at most, a bit player. Hammond gone, I loved that guy.

I like the new Col character, but that new girl I'm not too kean on.  I never did watch that Farscape show, but apparently many loved it. heh
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 8, 2005, 11:18 PM »
You missed out....Farscape was one of my favorite shows!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: August 9, 2005, 12:59 AM »
I think they dumped the Gou'ld too fast.  Actually, just too many changes at once.   Anderson becoming, at most, a bit player. Hammond gone, I loved that guy.

I like the new Col character, but that new girl I'm not too kean on.  I never did watch that Farscape show, but apparently many loved it. heh

Again Vala will only be a recuring character, she is not a regular. When Carter rejoins SG-1 Vala will be gone, she never actually is on SG-1. Personally I really like her, she is funny and a good character, it helos that she is really easy on the eyes too. ;D Mitchell is great, he reminds me a bit of O'Neill but he is his own character not just and O'Neill clone to replace RDA.

The Goa'uld had their time, they were the main badies for 8 years and a movie, so in the Stargate universe 9 years. They aren't completely defeated, Baal will be in a couple episodes this year and there will always be some Goa'uld left, they will have to nfind new ways to gain power though. It should make them really interesting. Anderson is now the head of Homeworld Security, which was a natural step up once they thought the Goa'uld were defeated. It is sad to Hammond moved out of the position, I'm not sure where he goes, but he will make an appearance this year as well. And RDA is leaving for good reasons, so I have no problem with that.

The writing is showing no signs of deterioration either. The Ori are excellent badies. It stands to reason that not all the ancients are good guys, and the same could be said about the Asgard. I think this was an excellent choice and it will be cool to learn more about the ancients, Alterrans, or Atlantians, whatever you like to call them. :) This is the first season in a long time where they aren't ready to end the show at the end of the season. Since season 5 they have thought they were on their last year and were going to be cancelled. Every year they were ready to end it with a big finalle followed by a second movie, and every year Sci-Fi has renewed them. The writers said enough is enough and they finally have the freedom to do almost whateve3r they want. It sure helps they got a bigger budget, they have had some really cool sets this year.

The free Jaffa are going to be interesting, something really cool happens to Gerak, I won't say but I really want to. It should be another great year on Sci-Fi friday, esspecially with Firefly on too. :)

Matt, I'll have to come over and watch some Galactica sometime soon. :)
"This is the way."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #22 on: August 9, 2005, 08:09 AM »
Bring it bcak to Galactica...

Yeah.  This is my favorite show in a long, long time.  What I like about it, is while it is Sci-Fi, it feels more like a drama.  Personally, I don't really like that much Sci-Fi TV.  I find Stargate and Atlantis pretty dull and hokey.  But Galactica grabs me and pulls me by the throat.  It feels more like Homocide:Life on the Street, than Star Trek!

The second season is really starting to crank now, and I'm very interested to know what happens next.  I can see that the show moves too slowly for some, but that's part of the charm for me.  It's in the details.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: August 9, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Yeah, not much of a fan of the Stargate shows...it just seems like a bunch of humans having a different adventure every week, meeting up with human-looking english speaking aliens. Seems too much like Star Trek to me.

Battlestar Galactica has several different ongoing storylines, but they all revolve around a larger ongoing storyline. Its not a show that you could just pick up an episode of, but if you watch them all, its easily one of the best shows on television. And in general its a lot more polished than any of the SciFi channel programs.

Also guys, if you could keep all the Stargate stuff to a different thread, that would be cool.  :)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 9, 2005, 10:45 AM »
This is my favorite show at the moment.  I did miss last week's episode, though.  I'll have to catch it next time it's on.  I would love to see the same creators get ahold of Buck Rogers and see what they can do with that property.  I'm surprised no one has done anything with it since the old 80's show. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 9, 2005, 11:03 AM »
John, don't forget they replay BSG on mondays after the mini Stagate SG-1 marathon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 9, 2005, 11:08 AM »
The new Battlestar is outstanding! I can't say enough good things about the show. There are some episodes I still have not seen from the first season, so I can't wait for the America DVD release in September.

I just hope the Sci-Fi channel treats them well and keeps the show on the air for as long as it can be done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #27 on: August 9, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Is it just the 1st season being released in Sept?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 9, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Right now, the UK version, which is just season 1, is available at Best Buy. Next month, the USA version, which is the Pilot and season 1, gets released everywhere.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 9, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Are there any extra scenes in the UK version?
This is the way.

I have spoken.