Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104383 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #465 on: May 27, 2008, 07:42 AM »
OK, have been pondering...
The phrase "This has happened before and will happen again" pops up alot in the series.
The 13th tribe made its way to earth. Along the way there is "the temple of the five"
What if the 13th tribe are cylons? This has happened before and will happen again...
That could explain why there is a temple of five on the algae planet.
What if the reason Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death for humanity is because when she leads humanity to earth it turns out that the people already there are actually Cylons or Human/Cylon hybrids from thousand(s) years ago.
This also could explain why the final five are suppost to have been to earth and know the way.
Just some random thoughts I have had. Probably totaly wrong, but I ponder when there are no new episodes to watch for a week...

Early in the series, I was not sure if the new series was a continuation or a reimaging, so when this phrase popped up, I was wondering if they were saying the Cylon/human war had happened before, many years ago.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 27, 2008, 09:22 AM »

What if the reason Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death for humanity is because when she leads humanity to earth it turns out that the people already there are actually Cylons or Human/Cylon hybrids from thousand(s) years ago.

In Razer, does the hybrid say she is the harbinger of death for humanity, or just the harbinger of death? Without the humanity note, it could mean the cylons.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 27, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Well here is the thing that caught my attention while I was wathing RAZOR, when Adama has his flashback to the Cylon torture rooms..when he gets out he gets the message that the war is over and that an armistice  has been agreed too..ok during the orginal BSG the same thing happened, but the  armistice was a trick by the cylons and that is when they attacked the colonies.. just something to think about..

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 27, 2008, 06:16 PM »

In Razer, does the hybrid say she is the harbinger of death for humanity, or just the harbinger of death? Without the humanity note, it could mean the cylons.

I checked (still have on my HDD box) and it's specifically humanity.

Episode 8 was shown in the UK tonight...one of the best for a while imho :)

No spoilers but I'll just say that the "finding Earth" and the "mystery of the Five" plots didn't go much further this week.  It was more of a character episode.  Everyone's favourite lawyer and his cat are back and we find out that Tigh has an ability you wouldn't think a normal Cylon would have: perhaps adding evidence that the last revealed four are not regular Cylons.  And the ending was a bit Empire Strikes back...you'll see what I mean on Friday  ;)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2008, 07:24 PM »
...must...watch...now...somehow...hehe.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Well here is the thing that caught my attention while I was wathing RAZOR, when Adama has his flashback to the Cylon torture rooms..when he gets out he gets the message that the war is over and that an armistice  has been agreed too..ok during the orginal BSG the same thing happened, but the  armistice was a trick by the cylons and that is when they attacked the colonies.. just something to think about..

You mean, think about the similarities between the strategic "catch 'em while their pants are down by signing a peace treaty gag" that took course over a short amount of time as in the original as opposed to the re-imagined strategic, "call a time out, fall back, rebuild your forces gag" which took 40 years to accomplish, which are two totally different tactics?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 28, 2008, 10:49 AM »
And the ending was a bit Empire Strikes back...you'll see what I mean on Friday  ;)

Saul Tigh is Staruck's father??  ;)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #472 on: May 28, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Ok it did kind of a have a end (very end) of ESB feel.

...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #473 on: May 28, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Someone get's a hand replaced and watches as the Millenium Falcon leaves the fleet?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 28, 2008, 08:07 PM »
There were credits?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 28, 2008, 11:00 PM »
And the ending was a bit Empire Strikes back...you'll see what I mean on Friday  ;)

Billy Dee Williams and Chewbacca go hunting for #3 who is being held captive in a carbonite block?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 29, 2008, 09:35 AM »

Billy Dee Williams and Chewbacca go hunting for #3 who is being held captive in a carbonite block?

While Billy boy, Chewie and 3 weren't actually in the episode, one character found themselves in a (sort of) Lando/Chewie end of ESB situation and a whole bunch of people were in a similar position to #3 (but as in captive not "boxed"). Main difference would be that there was no carbonite involved.   So just like ESB. In a way. Sort of.

Also someone was someone’s father.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 29, 2008, 09:40 AM »
I once knew a guy....oh never mind.  ;)

Sounds like a fun episode. I still hope that they get Richard Hatch back in there to be the final cylon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #478 on: May 29, 2008, 06:32 PM »
After that last episode and comparing it to the hybrid prophecy in the DVD version of razor, my list of possible canidates for the final cylon is at three.
I was going to post the link to the prototype hybrid speaking, but OF COURSE youtube wont load at all now that I want to do this....
Also the last supper photo from what Moore said DOES NOT have the final cylon in it.

EDIT- here is the link to the  The Cylon Prototype Hybrid Prophecy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:39 PM by Straxus »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 29, 2008, 11:40 PM »
I sort of cannot wait until tomorrow night. It's about time to get my fix. I find this show to be kind of a love-hate thing. It's really enjoyable to watch, but I hate it because watching one episode is kind of a let down. I get hyped up for nothing pretty much. When one episode ends, I want to watch another twenty right after. Aggravating stuff.