Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104313 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2008, 07:37 AM »
I'm fighting a battle to not click that link.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2008, 08:11 AM »
If you have not seen the episode yet, you should probably wait...hehehe.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 15, 2008, 11:20 AM »
If it was NY I would have liked to see the statue somewhere. That would have clinched it. But who knows if this is earth.

If it is Earth, showing the statue would be too Plant of the Apes.

They were very particular in what they showed and didn't show us. Very awesome.

Also, the new rumor is that the Sci-fi channel gave them money to do two more episodes, so episode twenty will be a three part finale.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 15, 2008, 01:31 PM »
If it was NY I would have liked to see the statue somewhere. That would have clinched it. But who knows if this is earth.

If it is Earth, showing the statue would be too Plant of the Apes.

They were very particular in what they showed and didn't show us. Very awesome.

Also, the new rumor is that the Sci-fi channel gave them money to do two more episodes, so episode twenty will be a three part finale.

Okay, the Episode numbering thing is starting to get on my nerves.  The whole thing is a continuous story anyway, so shouldn't it just be an Episode 21 and Episode 22 instead of a three hour episode 20? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #544 on: June 16, 2008, 12:38 AM »
I missed this on Friday, but I caught the rerun tonight. Absolutely mind-bending.

Though if they make us wait until 2009 to see the rest of the season, this is going to lose all its momentum.

Does anyone else think that wrecked domed structure was the Temple of Aurora?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:45 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2008, 06:47 AM »
There were those buildings in the background, but to me I didnt see anything that said this is earth.
I really have no idea where they are gonna go with the next 10 eps, although I guess a few of those will go towards revealing the 5th.
This show is really some of the best TV ever.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2008, 09:18 AM »

Does anyone else think that wrecked domed structure was the Temple of Aurora?

Thank you! I wasn't thinking Temple of Aurora, but it did have distinctive enough features that I though someone might be able to match it to a structure on Earth.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #547 on: June 16, 2008, 03:14 PM »
This show is really some of the best TV ever.

Fixed that for you.  ;)

I still can't get over Adama's reaction to Tigh's reveal... I've teared up watching this show several times, but that scene was just... Wow. Olmos deserves the Best Actor Emmy for that (not to mention every other scene he is in.) I wish I could fast forward through the next year just to get to new episodes of Galactica. I don't think I can wait that long.  :'(
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 16, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Tigh's revelation to Adama was one of the best scenes, I agree, and Bill's reaction was just of misery and how everything he knew and trusted wasn't as it seemed. His world was turned upside down... I am glad that the writing was good enough to cover what was being speculated at the end of last season, when some thought Tigh, Tory, Anders and Tyrol could have been 'brainwashed' during their time on New Caprica.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #549 on: June 16, 2008, 08:40 PM »
After watching it again in HD you see even more of that scene, even the gross stuff like drooling dripping over Lee's hand while Bill sobbed. Gross but highly accurate when compared to seeing real life people who have had that kind of suffering and have just completely lost it.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #550 on: June 17, 2008, 12:34 AM »
I'm wondering if this is supposed to be the very distant past. None of that architecture really screams NYC to me, but it almost seems like we're supposed to think it is purely for speculation reasons. I always got the impression with the old BSG, that when they finally found Earth they would be revered as the Gods whose callsigns they had. I thought that might be a cool idea with this one too. But who knows.

One of the reasons I think this is the distant past, is that the 13th tribe was supposed to have left Kobol 2,000 years earlier. That would have meant that they either arrived on a post-apocalyptic (far future) Earth themselves, or arrived around the time of Jesus. But none of this would really work, since it wouldn't make sense for them to have arrived while there were already humans here. But if this was supposed to be the distant past (say 50,000 years ago), they could be the origin of human life on Earth.

My prediction:

The 13th tribe has been destroyed to the point where they have reverted to a more primitive civilization. The new humans will be regarded as Gods, giving rise to some of our real world religions. The Enemy cylons will arrive and there will be a massive battle (the kind you hear about in mythology and religion). All ships will be lost and everyone will be marooned on Earth with no advanced tech. Human history takes over from there. This also provides a bit of the cautionary message that BSG has become known for. Obviously this is ridiculously simplified, but that's my guess.

All this has happened before, and it shall happen again.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #551 on: June 17, 2008, 12:50 AM »
I thought Rosalyn would die BEFORE they reached Earth....which has me thinking that they are not there yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 17, 2008, 01:12 AM »
I am going to take it at face value that they are at Earth.  I immediately thought the ruins were the Temple pictured in the Book of Pythia (sp?). 

Great show.  2009 is a very long way away.  Of course, I have waited much longer for other stories I have wanted to see completed.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2008, 07:58 AM »
The fact that they are completing it is what matters most to me.
While it does resemble ruins of modern city I agree we may just being led to beleive it is.
In the show, we cannot assume that ancient humans who may have been wiped out didnt have technology similar to current day, for even the colonials have trucks, speak/read/write english and even the plugins on the wall on caprica were set up for Americna standard 120 volts!  (and yes I payed that much attention to the plugins in the scenes of Starbuck's apartment...)
If brothers of man fighting for their survival in distant space have 120 volt plugins they are good enough for the ancients!
Well at least the colonials will find voltage compatible if they get any of the ruined building restored! Hell even the radios the colonials have run on the same frequencies as commerical radio! What a coincidence? hehehe ;D

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Well in the 1st series they found Earth, but once they realilzed they were far more advanced then the humans on Earth they pulled back fearing the cylons would find them and wipe out Earth.  So they keep saying histroy repeats itself...