Author Topic: Hoth Wave 2 Thoughts  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Hoth Wave 2 toughts
« Reply #15 on: January 4, 2004, 06:13 PM »
And let's not forget SA Snowspeeder Wedge.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hoth Wave 2 toughts
« Reply #16 on: January 4, 2004, 09:39 PM »
I'd take a couple Hoth waves actually...  I think there's lots of improvements to be made to the figures all around, such as:

Wave 2, Basic Figures:

-Super Articulated Hoth Han...  soft-goods hood that folds down, removable hat and goggles.  Include a 50% of run variation where he's snowcovered, and that would rock (For an outdoors Han).  And of course, both versions come in both blue and brown again. :)  

-Major Derlin...  Decently articulated body, removable hat and goggles, working holster with blaster sidearm, cloth scarf piece attached to helmet.

-Hoth Astromech/Gonk 2-pack...  A white Gonk with the top-mounted power ports, and any astromech from echo base they've yet to make in a single set (Reuse the Gonk and astromech bodies of course).

Wave 2, Ultra Figure:

-Torryn Farr with Hoth Ion Control Console...  A LARGE (bigger than the sensor readout with Riekean) screen, command chair, and Torryn's sporting 14 points of articulation with a removable headset.  Light-up screen for Ion control wouold be nice.

Wave 3 Basic Figures:  

-Hoth Luke...  Basic Luke (not damaged), with improved articulation at the legs/mid-arms.  Working holster with blaster, removable hat w/cloth scarf and removable goggles (good ones).  I like the Saga figure, but a basic one that was more poseable with more "stuff" would've been nice.  

-Hoth Leia...  Super Articulation, or as close as they could get, and maybe have her come with some Echo Base accessories like boxes or whatnot for the hallways of Echo Base for the "Scruffy Nerfherder" moment?  An EU Datapad would be neat too since she was busy getting the base set up and all.

-Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot...  Generic Pilot figure with blue emblem helmet (Or could be a Dak figure).  Include head variation Wedge and Hobbie even?  12-14 POA  on them.

Wave 3 Ultra Figure:

-Hoth Rebel Technician w/ Vehicle Maintenance Energizer...  True-scale (new) Veh. Energizer with hoses, tools, etc...  Hoth Technician includes a removable hat, and decent articulation.

Wave 4 Basic Figures:

-Super Articulated Hoth Rebel Footsoldier...  Just as the name says...  Removable helmet with head variants would be neat, but not necessary.  Simple head variants with molded on hats would be nice though.  A cloth scarf on one would rock too.  Good plastic used on the backpacks and rifles as well, and a working holster with sidearm of course.  I'd buy  this one in droves.

-Luke Snowspeeder Pilot...  New sculpt from the previous generic one, and include a grappling hook weapon that attaches to Luke's belt, working holster with blaster pistol, and sabre connects to his belt as well (removable blade).  Removable helmet of course as well.

-Hoth Rebel Officer...  Head variant of the Derllin figure released with a backpack, macrobinoculars, and a blaster rifle for out in the trenches.

Wave 4 Ultra Figure:

-Multi-piece Anti-Infantry Tower (Large tower from trenches)...  Just the tower, no figure necessary, but would be a great set...  Comes in pieces so you build it, and can take it apart like it's blown up.  Door opens and it has an interior w/ladder to the port out the top.  Perfect for the new officer with his binoculars!

Playset:

-Hoth Trench playset...  They make a full-scale piece of trench, for maybe $15 or $20...  The trench can interconnect turned any direction to the same set, so you buy more and can make a zig-zag trench diorama like...  The set includes:  

-Super Articulated Snowtrooper with cloth mask and skirt piece, working holster, no rank bars (Just a grunt).  

-Hoses/power boxes.

-1 Rebel tri-pod cannon (collapsable).

$20 would make this a great piece I think...  Lots of fun, and one everyone would want multiples of I'd wager.  :)  I'd buy it I'm sure, and would love how it would look with the anti-infantry tower too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hoth Wave 2 thoughts
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2004, 11:19 AM »
All of those sound great.  Maybe because I live in Minnesota but Hoth has always held a special place in my Star Wars heart.  

Hasbro is so dropping the ball on Pilot headswaps its not even funny (hell I'd take helmet swaps just get the painting right since I wouldn't take the helmet off anyway)

The only other Astromech would be a Balckish/Blueish R5 unit

Hoth Leia, Cliffy, Echo Base Solider, Trench Solider Resculpt ::) and Farr round out who I really want made

AND...I watched Empire the other night on DVD and I am now 1000000% sure the coat is Brown, its clear in a few shots where he catches the light just right inside and out.  Inside the base it is sooo Dark and very bluish in tone it is hard to tell.  Take special note of the scene where he boards the Tauntaun to go out and find Luke ;)
« Last Edit: January 5, 2004, 11:21 AM by OCB »

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoth Wave 2 thoughts
« Reply #18 on: January 5, 2004, 11:30 AM »
I may be crazy, but after waiting 23 years for General Rieekan, I don't see Torryn Farr being made before ep 3.   At least he had some lines.   I doubt many fans other than us geeks even knows who Torryn Farr is.  I'd love to see her, but it won't be before 2007.  Mark my words.    Remember this post, cuz I'd love for someone to throw this in my face before then.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hoth Wave 2?
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2004, 11:24 AM »
I saw this old Hoth post I had made and did a thread merge...continue on :P

Torryn Farr had speaking lines as well, I think she would make a fine figure

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoth Wave 2?
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2004, 08:28 AM »
I saw this old Hoth post I had made and did a thread merge...continue on :P

Torryn Farr had speaking lines as well, I think she would make a fine figure
Guess it's time to watch ESB again.   I agree... I think she would make a fine figure and I would love to have her.    How about a Hoth command center playset.... that was a small enough area and she could come packed in with her seat and control panel.  Still, I think she's obscure enough that she won't be made before 2007.  Of course, there are a lot of obscure figures getting made these days that I didn't figure would be made before ep 3.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoth Wave 2 Thoughts
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2004, 10:14 AM »
HOTH WAVE 2...as I see it

Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot (in Snowspeeder gear, w/ removable helmet, blaster w/ holster, lightsaber & grappling hook)

General Veers - Battle of Hoth (with removable helmet, hat, and removable chestplate)

R5-M2 - Echo Base Astromech

Major Bren Derlin - Echo Base Deck Officer
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2004, 11:38 PM »
I was kinda depressed to see Luke Snowspeeder as one of the "Target Exclusive Glass Pack ins"...it gives me the feeling we will not be seeing him anytime soon.

It is sad, because I think he was his most Dynamic in that uniform.  He flew his Speeder, Led the attack on the At-At's, drew their fire when he lost his gunner, nearly got SMOOSHED, shot the grappling hook, sabered a hole in the thing and tossed in a Grenade, and then Walked all the way to the evac area, but this is also the uniform he wore during his first few scenes on Dagobah.

It deserves Super Articulation, the Working Holster, Grappling Hook, Grenade, light saber etc.  I would also want the head to be able to be swapped, because I think the cloth helmet they wear under their flight helmet is really cool on the Snowspeeder pilots.

Basically, this is a ditto for Jesse's post.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2004, 12:29 AM »
Since his holster's in question, give him a removable belt.  :)  Been done before, and it could work great I'd think.  I'd dig seeing a removable belt in SW again...  Been a while for that neat feature.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77