Author Topic: A Festivus, for the rest of us!  (Read 34966 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
A Festivus, for the rest of us!
« on: December 22, 2003, 11:55 PM »

Many Christmas's ago, Frank Costanza went to buy a doll for his son. He went to reach for it because it was the last one, but so did another man and as Frank rained blows upon him, he thought there could be another way. The doll was destroyed, but out of that, a new holiday was born. It was called Festivus. No, not feminist, festivus. A festivus for the rest-iv-us..........

DECEMBER 23rd

The Holiday Itself...

During the last few weeks in December when Festivus takes place, families and friends get together at the dinner table and have something called "the Airing of Grievances". Durning this time, we share with family and friends all the ways they had disappointed over the past year.

After the Airing of Grievances, we get together right in the same night to do something called "Feats of Strength". This is where the head of the household tests his/her strength with another friend or family member. The great honour is given out to a different person each year. This year, Cosmo Kramer was given the honor but turned it down to George Costanza as he had an appointment.

Now for the pole. No it is not a tree. A pole, no decorations. Frank Costanza believes that tinsel is very distracting so there are no decorations. The pole is tall, silver, hollow, long, skinny, and heavy.

[The text here, I lifted from a similar post I made last year at R-------m (which I lifted from somewhere else before that).  The images, I stole from some other site just now.]

Anyway, Happy Festivus, Everybody!!!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A Festivus, for the rest of us!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 09:53 AM »
Happy Festivus to one and all

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 01:05 PM »
I have a little metal tube in my desk drawer at work.  Not really sure why, its been there since I got the desk.  I think its a section of wire conduit tube, anyway...

In honor of Festivus I stuck some play-doh on the bottom and put it up on my desk.

Sadly no one at work got it.  I laughed, and laughed though.  I wonder why no one comes near my desk now?

Wierd.

Scott ;)
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 01:21 PM »
Happy Festivus to everyone! ;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 02:41 PM »
Anyway, Happy Festivus, Everybody!!!

Wow, I had no idea!  Indeed, Happy Festivus to all!  I'm just sorry I didn't know about it earlier, or I would've bought metal pole gifts for everyone!  Next year...   :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 03:08 PM »
Yes, Happy Festivus to all.  Maybe I can take some of the cardboard tubing from the wrapping paper I have & wrap 1 or 2 in tin foil.  ;D

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 04:08 AM »
AAAWWWW  isn't that sweet.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 12:08 PM »
If my friend were still alive.  He would have had a healthy bump of this thread.  Since he's dead, I'm going to bump it in his memory

Happy Festivus Everyone, especially you, Matty Burchall.  I Love You and Miss You :'(

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 12:13 PM »
LET THE FEATS OF STRENGTH BEGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 12:44 PM »

Many Christmas's ago, Frank Costanza went to buy a doll for his son. He went to reach for it because it was the last one, but so did another man and as Frank rained blows upon him, he thought there could be another way. The doll was destroyed, but out of that, a new holiday was born. It was called Festivus. No, not feminist, festivus. A festivus for the rest-iv-us..........

Kramer:  "That must of been some doll"

Frank:  "Yes, she was"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 01:30 AM »
The ghost of Virex Past, Present, and Future... 

Happy/Merry Festivus indeed everyone.  And Happy/Merry Festivus to spirit of Virex, whatever plain of existance he may now reside.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 04:22 AM »
I would also like to give Festivus greetings to all of my friends. I would also like to let you all know that a donation has been made in your honor to The Human Fund - Money for People.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 04:18 AM »
As I pulled this post up to bump it up, Jerry Stiller made an appearance on the NBC After Hours re-run of Conan, plugging, of all things, a book about Festivus.

Some would call that a coincidence, others would call it bull****, but I call it a Festivus miracle.

Happy Festivus, everybody.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 04:47 AM by Bill Cosby »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 04:44 AM »
Happy Festivus guys!

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 05:26 AM »
My pockets are open this festivus, and I'd like to give a very special gift to the forum:

Happy Festivus Everyone!