Author Topic: Target = Marked Down Prices  (Read 11460 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Target = Marked Down Prices
« on: December 24, 2003, 09:35 AM »
I just got back from four different Target stores this morning here in Indy.
They have marked down the Star Wars toys. *Not all have the same items marked down but I believe in time they all will.

Action Figures = $3.35 each including the Ani-Clone Wars

Multipacks = $6.35 each

Ultra Deluxe Figures = $7.35 each

Screen Scenes = $9.35 each

Vehicles *Not including Anakin's Starfighter = $9.35 each
Anakin's Starfighter is $21.97

Generic Lightsaber = $3.35 each

Electronic Lightsabers = $9.35 each

When I went out today I was hoping to find the Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, and R4 figs since they are poping up at Target Stores. My search was a failure. I hope after the Holiday they will be out on the pegs with the mark down prices.

Keep your eyes open at Target for these great prices on Star Wars toys.
Happy Hunting!
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target = Marked Down Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 12:51 PM »
Hi All,

I saw this same thing too, but the new figures Hoth Luke, Hoth Droid, Tatooine wave, etc. ring up with the higher $4.99 price point.  AND, the cartoon figures still ring up at the new $6.99 price.

However, the new 2003 and/or recarded 2003 figures which still have the old UPC combo (like Ack-Med Beq or the recarded figures Han/Fett/Ani) however, will USUALLY ring up at the clearance price (there are always exceptions, based on the UPC).

The reason that Targets are putting the "older" figures (anything from 2003 Saga Collection 1 and Collection 2) on clearance is because both the 2004 figure assortments and the Clone Wars cartoon figures both have new assortment numbers.

In other words, in terms of shelf space, the 04 figure assortment is replacing Collection 1 and the Cartoon figures are replacing Collection 2.  This is standard Target procedure when Hasbro starts shipping them items with a new assortment number.

All it means is that Target is NOT expecting anymore 2003 collection 1 and 2 (2003) figures from Hasbro. They do however have product in the DC still to be shipped to stores though...

It is NOT a sign that Target will stop carrying SW figures! (I hate those "clearance = no more SW at store X" rumors that always start up).

I guess it is to our benefit that Target still sorts/stocks by assortment and Hasbro is selling mixed cases at the start of the year. Target will get in a "new" case of 2004 figures, but any 2003 repack figures will ring up at the clearance prices!

So, keep an eye out at Target, you'll probably see "new" figures like Dignitary #2 or Ack-Med Beq dirt cheap after Christmas, however the others (like the new 2004 figures) will stilll be $5!

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 03:03 PM »
I ran out in the madhouse today to see this...  I got Assajj for the markdown, and A-Wings were $20 which is what they retailed for online isn't it?  But they were $30 in stores I believe.

I nabbed another, so I've upped my flight to 4.  I'll make it a damaged A-Wing I believe.

Looked like remains of Wave 3 CW figures but no Super Art. Clones.  Sonnovagun!

I only have one of the freakin' things, ugh!  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 01:23 PM »
Well I still haven't been able to locate a new A-Wing, but I do have over twenty of the new SA Clonetroopers.  They look fantastic in my dioramas.

I ran by my Target yesterday right before they closed and grabbed a few Aay Vida figures for customizing purposes.  I was tempted to grab a Gunship for that cheap, but decided I've spent too much $$$ lately.

:P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 07:13 AM »
 But they were $30 in stores I believe.

I got mine for $20 in a store.

I'm going out today, so I'll stop by Target and see if I can find any goodies.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 10:36 AM »
Target didnt show me anything spectacular, at all. IVe never seen so many CW Anakins, Yodas, and a whole lot of nothing else.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 03:39 PM »
Thanks for the tip!

Interistingly, I went to five Targets in my area, at 1 all the figures rang up regular price.

Ton's of Durge on speeder bikes and Clone Trooper on speederbike. I passed on them, but nabbed a couple extra Concept Stormtrooper's, Re-carded Vader, Boba, Han, and some Clone Wars figures to hopefully trade in for the Wave 3 figures that I have yet to come across.

Saving $1.22 a figure is fantastic!

-Fish-

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 08:37 PM »
Yea, today i got McQuarrie Stormtrooper, and Elan Slezebaggano at Target, they also had Clone Wars Wave 3 figures, and found a Variant SA Clone Trooper too.  It was so exciting, that figure looks great! ;)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 05:23 AM »
Count other big ticket items on sale, too.  I scored some of Clone Wars basic figure wave 2 for $3 and change, Clone Wars army builders for $6 and change, and the Clone Wars Command Gunship for $20.98.  Target is nice!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 01:04 PM »
They didn't lower the price on the Screen Scenes at my local Target. I still need to pick up War Room #2.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 06:54 PM »
That sucks but. TheTarget near me only had Wave 1 Clone Wars figures on sale. everything else (Ultra Figs, Screen Scenes) were full price. :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 08:22 PM »
They didn't lower the price on the Screen Scenes at my local Target. I still need to pick up War Room #2.

Hey i have a War Room #2 if you wanna trade something? PM me if interested.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 01:16 PM »
I've picked up 5 Padme Tatooines that I will use as Handmaidens...the purple robed ones from Episode I.  

I'm also thinking of getting some more Twileks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 01:55 PM »
I need to get back out and look...  I want an Obi CW for customizing as well as some others.  And x'ing my fingers in hopes of finding some Wave 3 CW lying about...  Namely Clone troopers!

Could use the screen scenes on clearance for fodder but they've not gone on sale and the Mace Windu one (the one I really wanted to hack apart) is non-existant anywhere but TRU.  Wonder if I can get a pricematch there?  Hmmm...   :-\

Beyond that, stuff's pretty well clearing out to just Wave 1 Clone Wars stuff...  Still Jedi Fighters lying about though, and some Droid Launchers...  Hopefully Saga will take its place.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2003, 02:11 PM »
10:30 this morning I walked into my local Target to find these figures marked down even lower.

$2.38 for basic figures

$4.98 for deluxe figures

Wow!  I was fortunate enough to have two receipts in tow, and went to the service counter where they effortlessly gave me an adjustment on 7 figures.  I have to find the rest of my receipts at home and go back.

$2.38 a figure is great!

-edit-

Target's policy is two weeks for sale items, so this was a one time deal. I went back in and they would not do it again, as these items are now clearence items.

-Fish-
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 10:17 PM by FishEyedLouie »