Author Topic: Endor Wave  (Read 24438 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Endor Wave
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2004, 11:57 AM »
I'm very pleased all the way around on this wave.  Nice sculpts for certain.  The elbow articulation is new and different.  Nice additional touch there.

I'm bummed about one thing:  I was going to get Dermot Crowley to autograph a General Madine figure at a show in April, and now he's cancelled.   DRAT!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Ultra Ewok w/Glider
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2004, 04:04 PM »
I guess this is an Ultra set, but kind of fits in with the "Battle of Endor" theme too...if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry :).  Hasbro has a pic up of the next Ultra figure....Ewok w/glider:

Ewok with Glider

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2004, 04:26 PM »
Pretty nice, too bad its not an Ewok 2 pack as originally rumored and too bad Chief Chirpa isn't involved.  I'll buy him, he looks nice, its a little dissapointing though, should be more bang for the buck

Also...Hasbro has said 6 Ultras for 2004, are these it or will we see more based on Sales??????  (I hope there are more)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2004, 04:34 PM »
I hope the Ultra series continues as well, its a nice way for us to get some of the "bigger" items.  Aside from Riekaan, I think most people have been satisfied with what is included for around $10.  Anyways, I really wish we'd have some sort of Chirpa as well.  I'm one who would be happy with several new Ewoks to add to our collections (specifically the ones that were in the vintage line).  But, if nothing else, we should at least get the Chief :P.  Hopefully he will appear single carded, or as a two pack with another (a la Yoda w/Younglings).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Count me in for at least two of this Ewok, and thanks for the scoop from Mosnab on the pics being put up.

I love the fact they included a spear with him too (A new spear at that, for some diversity).  It means he's good on the ground and in the air.  The original 101st Ewok.  :)

Would they be nicknamed "The screaming furballs"?  

Looks like a darn nice figure sculpt to boot, and I think that prototype had at least right wrist articulation additionally to the regular Ewok articulation.

I still want a 2-pack with Catapult, and a 4-pack of warriors (4 colors, 4 unique hoods, and 2 bows/arrows and 2 spears) as other Ewok "ultra" sets that I think would sell well.

As I've said before, even if they reused the Teebo sculpt for the 4-pack it would still be one of the best army builder sets ever...  I'd even be happy if they used it for the Ewoks in the 2-pack.

Then save single carded Ewoks for a Wicket resculpt, Chief Chirpa, Mother Ewok with Woklings, and perhaps a Paploo resculpt...

The rest could be ultra army building sets for massive Ewok armies.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Nice to see some leaked proto images forcing Hasbro's official picks. Mwahahah. I think the figure looks great. This is what a "Deluxe" figure should be.

If I remember right, Hasbro stated that the Ultra line was seasonal for Spring and Winter, but something tells me I'm wrong in my memory of this. I'd sure like them to continue, since we're finally getting back on track to the Bacta Tank Luke era deluxes.

J

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2004, 06:52 PM »

This is too cool. A 101st Ewok,  :P, too cool. Looks like he's got shoulder, elbow, and wrist articulation, as well. That's great!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Don't let the ewoks with the Jump wings hear you guys praising him too much...to a real Ewok Paratroop, a Glider rider is still just a "Leg"...

I like this one, I just wish his hood was removable.  I think the Paploo we got is worse off because of his hood.

oh well, I'll buy 2 at least.  So i can have some ewoks that aren't Teebo or Teebo in Logray's headgear.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2004, 08:34 PM »
He's great.  Definitely buying him, although he feels a little slight as Riekken does at $10, or $11 at TRU.  Another Ewok would have made me feel better, but oh well.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2004, 12:24 AM »
I wonder if the wings will be cloth. That would make it worth the $10. But if it's plastic, it'll feel a little cheap.

Like it matters, I'm buying one anyway. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2004, 12:47 AM »
Jar Jar has really made me appreciate Ewoks that much more.  Bring on the Ewoks!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2004, 12:54 AM »
Jar Jar has really made me appreciate Ewoks that much more.  Bring on the Ewoks!

Jar Jar is what was reaped when the thought of Ewoks was sowed (sp, grammar, etc. you get the idea). >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2004, 09:54 AM »
i will buy many of these, probobly 3 or 4. I think i have 4 teebo and 1 prototype teebo. The body looks very much like teebo, but the arms and legs are different. nice job hasbro...if they leave it unpainted it can be the black ewok we all have wanted
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: March 1, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Should be seeing carded images of these 3 real soon...

GH also had some nice High Res shots of the Ewok a few days ago

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2004, 03:10 AM »
The carded images are up at RS.

The photo of Han on the insert is laughably bad. It looks like something someone would do for an office prank. Yikes. From the looks of the back of the card, the headsculpt is actually pretty killer!

Madine still looks cool. I don't care if he's not exciting. He's the MAN.

Lando looks better to me without the cape. Cool fig still though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 03:11 AM by Tydirium »