Author Topic: Tantive IV  (Read 6804 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Tantive IV
« on: November 5, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Think we might get this as a playset?  I think it would be a great item - it goes for 2 different movies - I know I'd get two playsets of it!!!

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Tantive IV
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Doesn't anyone want a cool playset of this to play with all of their lovable Star Wars figures?  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Yes please!  I'm definitely down with that Justin!

To be honest, I could care less about the Ep. 3 play value, though a dual set for both movies would be cool.  I'd just love to have the "opening corridor/hallway" with door that gets blasted open at the beginning of ANH.  I'd love to setup a diorama of that opening scene, since I'm way too untalented to customize something like that myself.  I remember someone doing a kick ass custom of that a while back, and even had it on display at C2 in Indy.  Was that Niub Niub, or someone else?  Don't recall anymore.

I suppose an additional attached room where Vader chokes Antilles, and the corridor where Leia's taken captive would be sweet too.  One big playset with all three of those areas for $30ish, or 3 interconnecting sets for $10 each.  Whatever.  Just make it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2004, 08:40 PM »
We'd maybe get a hallway/meeting room playest. Nothing more than that though. A giant, scale hallway with a couple of rooms and an escape pod room would be cool though. ;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2004, 09:18 PM »
I think Hasbro would be idiots not to make this ship.  For one thing it's a movie year.  Plus all the original trilogy fans would want it.  All the prequel fans would want it.  To me it's no-brainer.  But that's me. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 01:23 PM »
I'd love something that resembled the set, but I wouldn't want some cheezy scaled-down vehicle that ends up looking absolutely absurd. Some sort of playset with the main hallway and the dark area that Leia is hiding in would be cool. Maybe even some sort of "dock" for the escape pod.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 01:41 PM »

Kenner proposed a Tantive back in the ROTJ era,  sort of a neat concept but for today's adult collector...I think that thing sucks.  I wouldn't mind a hallway playset like the Trash Scenes or the Jedi Council/War Room scenes but that thing would blow chunks

Ed's backroom Leia idea is cool too, as long as it can hold the Escape Pod somehow as well

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 02:40 PM »
Yeah - I remember that prototype - thanks for the pic.  I wish they had released that back in the old days.

But now I do think we need some sort of playset - it would really, really be cool if they made a hallway that had interlocking pieces meaning you could extend it even further - hell with a little customizing you could even make it look like a Kamino hallway.