Author Topic: Episode 3 Figures (SPOILERS)  (Read 8336 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Episode 3 Figures (SPOILERS)
« on: December 31, 2003, 11:54 AM »
Who do you want in the first wave?
Do you think they will do a preview set again?

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Padme
New Bad Guy

« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 01:40 PM by OCB »
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3 Figures
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 01:19 PM »
Definitely, we will be seeing a preview set.  What was the last one again?  Clone, Zam, yellow r2 w/clear dome, and something else?   Nothing too exciting.... just enough to get us excited.  I doubt we'd get Grievious yet, but maybe.  Probably an Anakin.  I can't imagine another clone after getting the super articulated one.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Episode 3 Figures (SPOILERS)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 01:43 PM »
Added SPOILER to the title

My guess for an Episode III Preview Wave

Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper (not sure if this has been announced either way)
 Jedi of some sort
Grievous
The CGI Alien voiced by Bruce Spence

Offline Red 06

• Youngling
  • Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 04:29 PM »
Yeah, I could see an Anakin. Maybe Obi wan's "Fan picked" Starfighter R2 droid.

Whatever they are, I can't wait. :)
"I have no strong feelings one way or the other"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 07:39 PM »
Damn, even after Scott added SPOILERS!!! to the title I walked in. Anyway, can someone tell me who Greivous is?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 07:44 PM »
Whichever figures they end up being, I'd like to see them plainly integrated into the existing Saga packaging this time, similar to the fan's choice figs -- just a sticker that says "Episode III Sneak Preview".

My personal favorite would be a Commander Cody figure as a preview choice. Imagine the coolness of a clonetrooper body with Tem Morrison's head unmasked on top.

J

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 11:29 PM »
The other sneak preview fig was Jango Fett.  Nice figure.  

I pretty much agree it will follow formula.  

Clone/stormie, whichever is in the movie.  
A droid of some sort, hopefully an R- unit
Major bad guy - Grievous? (sorry, not up on Hyperspace/spoilers)
"minor" bad guy - young Tarkin ;D

IMO the Jedi will be saved for the regular line.  The sneak preview figs seem to have been sort of collector oriented.  I hope.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2004, 12:29 AM »
I'd very much like to see a preview wave.  I really enjoyed the EPISODE II preview figures.  As for who I might want to see in this?

-General Grievous
-Darth Vader
-A droid
-Some army builder (droids that Obi-Wan and Anakin fight?)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2004, 03:25 AM »
I want some quality Previews,so....

Clone/Stormtrooper Officer
Mon Mothma
Grevious(the first of the sixty verisons)
Nemodian Solider(Biotic)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #9 on: January 1, 2004, 12:57 PM »
I think Grevious is a good choice because he will be introduced in the last episode of the Clone Wars cartoon.

I like the idea above about keeping them in the same package, but with a sticker.  I think retailers had no idea what to do with the preview figs once E2 came out.

Personally, as much as I like droids, I'd prefer anything over a generic R2 unit again.

Oh, and Bruce Spence is actually in the movie in heavy make-up.

Maybe Hasbro will make the Republic Firefighter guy, or one of the new Wookies.  I'd dig some new Wooks.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: January 1, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Ooh, Wookie warriors would be great! They could give us a preview version, then reissue the same figure repainted in the standard line. I'd be all for that.

Offline Jasim

• Youngling
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2004, 07:11 AM »
How about a Wookie, an republic/imperial officer, Bail Organa, and a new villan? I liked the picture that was in the SW Insider with Bail Organa in military looking get-up. I would also like to see additional Jedi as a possibility for a sneek preview figure. But I also liked the Neimoidian guard/soldier as pictured in the latest SW Insider.

The ultimate in sneek previews would be Jedi Anakin and Obi-Wan with super articulation. Thereby getting our appetites fully wetted for the onslaught of new figures from Episode III. I can't stand the wait any longer, bring it on!!!
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.  - (unknown)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 2, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Sit back and relax Mainland,and I will tell you the story of Grevious.

Back in late spring or early summer,ACN(It Ain't Cool News)posted a spy report about a cyborg general who decapates Shaak Ti on the TF Cruiser,and escapes it when it crashes into Corucanst by breaking out a window.Well,pretty much everyone bashed the spy report when is was posted in the the 3SA(Episode 3 Spoiler Area of The Force.Net)Eventually,we all forgot about Grevious,and were happy to except thatr the spy report was bull.

Then in the summer,a second report came in about the ''Droid General''who was now identified as Grevious.Well,this sparked a huge controversy if he was the real deal,and as more spy reports came in it was clear that he was most likely the real deal.

In mid tp late October/Early November clarification was needed if Grevious was a droid or a Cyborg,and how the name was spelled.Well,around that time TFN posted a picture of the general,bleh,he looked just like Vader!However,the picture was proven bunk and numerous others posted pictures of him with some of the most accurate coming in late November and Early December.

Grevious has all but been confirmed by LFL,as the offical site posted that in Episode 20 of the Clone Wars a ''Grevious''would appear.It was taken down shortly after discovery.In the latest insider it mentions the ''Generals''Quarters inside the TF Cruiser.Also in holonet news(or was it shadow feed?)Dooku made an illegal announcment to the Galaxy promising that couracanst would be attacked befour the end of the war,and that the droid armies are being lead by the best of Generals.Now if you recall,Grevious would be participating in the space battle battle over couracanst.It is now widley excepted that Grevious is the real deal,whether his name is grevious or not,is unclear,however.

Now,as for the charecter himself,he is a cyborg who leads the Droid Armies.He carries with him lightsabers of fallen Jedi.He also has two blasters and has a security force of guards who are pretty tough opponents for Jedi.
Grevious is skinny and has white armor.His forearms split in two whan he fights obiwan and weilds 4 lightsabers.He dies when Obi Wan Kenobi shoots him in the gut with his own blaster.

There you go,Grevious in a nutshell.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 2, 2004, 10:33 PM »
Wow, cool story, thanks for telling it.  

Still waiting for clone wars cartoons to air here ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.