Author Topic: Video game figures!  (Read 8610 times)

Offline Katarn07

• Youngling
  • NRI Jedi Mercenary
    • View Profile
    • Echo Network
Re: video game characters
« Reply #15 on: August 9, 2004, 06:02 PM »
Let me echo the sentiments for a line of Knights Of The Old Republic figures.  This is by far one of the best games LucasArts has ever made, and the characters really hold up.

It's by far one of the best because they had nothing to do with the development, just the publishing. I hope KotOR II: The Sith Lords is just as great. Perhaps after that is released (scheduled for winter of this year, I'm not holding my breath), they'll make a few characters from both games?
The Force is strong with Katarn....

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
Republic Commando 4-Pack!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 03:29 PM »
I read so many times the idea for a Republic Commando figure, but if Hasbro gonna issue the Republic Commandos, they have to think in a 4-Pack. Here is why....

OS Databank: Expanded Universe

The Kaminoans encountered a great deal of difficulty with the independent and hard-to-command ARC troopers. Eventually the experimental soldiers were relegated to stasis fields and work was begun on a new type of warrior: the clone commando.
Veering away from rogue clone individuals, the Kaminoans took as their example the fiercely efficient hunting pods of the native aiwha. Candidates were plucked from the regular clone batch, and segregated into groups of four. During their training and education, these "pods" were kept together, forced to depend upon each other, and pitted against other pods in combat. The Kaminoans soon found they had a number of small squads, each highly-trained and fiercely-cohesive, yet divisible into smaller units for varied mission profiles. Ultimately, neither the regular army clones nor the ARC troopers could match them when it came to organization and team-work. The experiment was a success.
[/color]

OS Databank: Behind The Scenes

The clone commando emerged as something "in-between" the two extremes of ARC trooper and clone trooper. Writer Justin Lambros summarized the relationship like this: "If you've got a problem, you can send one ARC trooper, you can send one hundred clone troopers, or you can send a squad of four clone commandos."
[/color]

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Video game figures!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 12:58 PM »
To me I think the only way hasbro will make figures from the video games is if we continue to keep asking them at every convention. And if they can find a cheaper way to put them into retail. like selling them it two or three packs. or even use the same kb toys idea ad sell entire sets of all characters from one game in one set.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!

Offline Jedi Kunle

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 01:35 PM »
I would love to see some KOTOR figures.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 2, 2005, 10:57 PM »
With Video Games and even the Comics and Novels allowed in for action figures, we'd NEVER have a shortage of Sith again!
who Learned you To spoke!