Author Topic: New 12" Vader??  (Read 3961 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
New 12" Vader??
« on: January 1, 2004, 07:53 PM »

I found this in an auction and it is described as "12" action figure with removable helmet, saber, stand and clothes".
WHAT?????  I thought I knew about all 12" dolls.  Anyone have a clue about this?
Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New 12" Vader??
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2004, 08:08 PM »
well, i can tell you what it is, 'cause i have one ;D - it's the darth vader kotobukiya/art-f/x 12" model kit, but from that pic it looks like someone gave him a bronze coating? and it definitely doesn't have a removable helmet - unless you count taking off his entire head as one. as far as "clothes" - again, i'm guessing they mean cape, which - like the helmet - does come off. saber - again, yes technically removable... but just the blade. and yep, he detaches from the stand, but he won't stand without it. i picked this up for about $100 from my local comic shop, now that dark horse is importing these kits from japan. it looks awesome, sitting on my shelf, next to my cinemacast vader statue.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2004, 08:33 PM »
Ah...thanks so much for your help.  I can't snap together Lego's very well, so a model kit is out of the question.  Looks awesome though, gives me an idea on starching one of my many Vader's capes....I'll have to look into this.

Thanks again!!
Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2004, 10:25 PM »
well, it's actually not a model kit in the traditional sense... it snaps together for a tight - very tight - fit. and the only things that need to be put together are the arms, head and cape. the rest of his body is one piece, and then it just snaps onto the pegs on the stand. it really is an impressive kit. a little steep in the $$ category, but imo it was worth it... of course, dark horse has another 6 or so of these coming out this year... oh, my poor bank account  ;D

Offline marcbrit

• Youngling
  • De gustibus non disputandum esset
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2004, 01:30 PM »
I love this piece and can't wait to get one - I love the dramatic pose and the head sculpt is the best Vader likeness I've ever seen.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Ah...thanks so much for your help.  I can't snap together Lego's very well, so a model kit is out of the question.  Looks awesome though, gives me an idea on starching one of my many Vader's capes....I'll have to look into this.

Thanks again!!

Instead of starching the cape, you might want to try sewing in a wire around the edges of the cape.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Be wary of the cheap knock offs on ebay that look just like the kotos.

They usually have BIN's around $25.  From what I've heard, they are cast off of the "real" koto model therefore they lack a lot of the molded detail and the paint ops suck.

There's nothing more expensive than a good deal.   :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:37 PM by ruiner »