Author Topic: Disney Star Wars Land  (Read 64137 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Disney Star Wars Land
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00 AM »
My 9 year old chose protection and defense....it's a cool look.  We're planning on going back to Disneyland fall 2021, so that's what I'll build next time.  :D

I own a few Force FX sabers and I agree that the Savi's lightsaber alone is worth the $200....the experience that goes with it is even better!  I doubt they'd ever sell kits you could have shipped to you, because I'd have purchased a dozen of them by now and other than an Indiana Jones hat from adventure land, there wouldn't be much of a need to go back! 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 7, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Once you hit the Georgia/Florida border....you're halfway there!  :D

Galaxy's Edge was busy when we went to DL back in October, but it wasn't horribly packed.  I definitely wanted to call all the youtubers that hate Disney liars for calling it a ghost town though!  We're already planning a trip there next fall (2021).
Halloween time and Christmas are the two busiest times of the year. Last summer it was completely dead. Actually right now, it is pretty dead too considering they just opened Rise of the Resistance. Disneyland is using the boarding group virtual queue. You have to get a boarding group as soon as the park opens at 8am from the DL App. Boarding groups disappear with ten seconds of Disneyland rope drop. You must be in the park at rope drop to get one.

What Disneyland is seeing is the place is packed at 8am as everyone plays the boarding group lottery on their phones. If they don't get a low enough number, thousands leave the park. By 9am the park is pretty deserted and very pleasant the rest of the day.

If you plan on going to Disneyland for the next few months (maybe all year) be prepared to be in the park at rope drop and ready to press the boarding group button on your phone. If not, pretend Rise of the Resistance doesn't exist and have a great day doing everything else.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2020, 10:15 AM »
A couple of my coworkers just did a trip to Disneyland and they picked me up a spork from docking bay 7!  This is currently in the running for the oddest Star Wars collectible in my collection.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2020, 07:28 PM »
I made a review/comparison video of our Savi's lightsabers.  Click here to see it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.