Author Topic: Distribution of Clone Wars Wave 3  (Read 20717 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Distribution of Clone Wars Wave 3
« on: January 2, 2004, 03:07 AM »
To all:

Just curious, how many JDer's have been able to find this wave at retail.  I have never seen Kit or the SA Clone at retail, and only saw Tin once.

What gives?  Considering this is all that I am focusing on as I gave up my completist ways, I am a bit bummed out.  I scoured the better part of me area today to not find one Wave 3 figure.

Again, just curious if the distribution of this wave is only poor in the greater L.A. area.

-Fish-

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Distribution of Clone Wars Wave 3
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2004, 05:30 AM »
I saw it only a few times in the last few weeks, and the Clone Trooper only once.  Unless there's a pile of these waiting to go to KB, Hasbro didn't give this wave (or line) a real chance.

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2004, 12:41 PM »
I've seen this wave in stores twice.  The first time I saw all three figures and nabbed two SA Clone Troopers as I had limited funds and thought those would be harder to find.  I hoped to pick up Kit and Saesee rather easily...I was wrong!  I didn't see this wave again for weeks, when I did I was lucky enough to pick them both up but there were no Clone Troopers to be found.  I have not seen this wave since.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2004, 02:44 PM »
I have only seen this wave at Toy's R Us, they had lots too!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Personally, I have not seen this wave at all around me.  But, to be fair, I only get to the stores about once a week.  My wife and I live at least 40 miles away from any Target, Wal-Mart, or TRU.  We usually get somewhere once a week, and I'll check the pegs...but I have never seen any sign of this wave.  I did see the Mace/Obi/Asajj wave awhile back at Wal-Mart, but ended up leaving them.  I'd really like to find a couple of those SA clones though, hopefully Hasbro will be smart and recard/rerelease that figure......I don't think those would ever pegwarm.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 2, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Interesting...

I did manage to finally nab a few Tiin's from a tip from JediMac for $2.38 at Target.  No sign of Kit or the SA Clone Trooper.

Funny that the first wave was produced in mass aboundance, then wave 2 a little harder to find, and now wave 3 is nowhere to be found.  Sounds like poor sales in wave 1 shrunk the production of the subsequent waves of this lines figures.

I have an extra Tiin if anyone can't find one.

-Fish-

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: January 2, 2004, 08:21 PM »
Tiin can still be found around here. Kit takes a bit of work, but you can find if need be. Clones disappear quickly. Those really need to be recarded in the Saga line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #7 on: January 3, 2004, 02:33 AM »
Interesting...

I did manage to finally nab a few Tiin's from a tip from JediMac for $2.38 at Target.  No sign of Kit or the SA Clone Trooper.

Funny that the first wave was produced in mass aboundance, then wave 2 a little harder to find, and now wave 3 is nowhere to be found.  Sounds like poor sales in wave 1 shrunk the production of the subsequent waves of this lines figures.

-Fish-

I've actually seen less of wave 2 around here.  I only spotted them all once, and a few, stray, lone figures from the wave (usually Obi-Wan) here and there.  I've seen a lot more of wave 3, though only the Clonetrooper once (so happy I picked up two at the time).  Who knows, in a few months they may all be wrming the pegs...well, except for the Clone Trooper I imagine.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 3, 2004, 02:43 PM »
Interesting...

-Fish-

I've actually seen less of wave 2 around here.  I only spotted them all once, and a few, stray, lone figures from the wave (usually Obi-Wan) here and there.  I've seen a lot more of wave 3, though only the Clonetrooper once (so happy I picked up two at the time).  Who knows, in a few months they may all be wrming the pegs...well, except for the Clone Trooper I imagine.

Billy Ray,

I hope that is the case.  You never know...I'm just hoping this is not a fiasco and these end up being real tough finds.  Considering me and my boys and my nephew are focusing only on this line at the time.  

Same thing with the animated figures, I hope they make these in the same quantities as the accessory sets as I know plenty of kids that would love to play with these.  I know - I know - kids don't buy these.

Yeah right, I beg to differ.  Several kids from my son's basketball team dig Star Wars.  I asked one kid, "What is your favorite video game, he replied - "Star Wars."  I had to give him a hug ;D

-Fish-

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2004, 02:26 PM »
Well folks,this is our first offical RARE Figure of 2003.Not even eBay has a less than usual amount of them up for grabs.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: January 5, 2004, 04:36 PM »
I just hope the Clone Trooper is released again on a Saga Card...they would idiots not too (wait we are talking about Hasbro here)  The others are gone too but they hung around well into 3 weeks at a time

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: January 5, 2004, 05:27 PM »
I've seen this wave a total of one time, at an Oklahoma City Wal-Mart about a month ago.  Bought my two Clone Troopers, left the Kits and Saesees, and haven't seen 'em again since.

Funny, the Wal-Mart near me (not the same store) just stocked a ton of the (I guess) Wave 2 figures--Mace, Obi-Wan, Durge, and Asajj.

For some reason, I have a feeling that this new Clone Trooper isn't just a one-and-done figure.  I think we'll be seeing a lot of them, in all kinds of different configurations, over the next two or three years.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2004, 05:28 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 5, 2004, 06:49 PM »
I hope so.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline DarthNader

• Youngling
  • Yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Never saw them, I picked them up on-line.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2004, 03:09 PM »
I only saw them at retail the week before Christmas. I am glad I picked up those figures when I did. I have not seen them since.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com