Author Topic: Forum Ranks  (Read 79136 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Ranks
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2009, 07:00 PM »
The white squares aren't as bothersome now that they're at a reduced size so everything looks peachy here at JD!  I must admit that it's going to take some time to get used to who's in what "grade" without looking at their post count.  Guess I never really paid attention to the sabers because they were so blahhhhh.   

I heard nightmare stories back when IE7 was released so I never bothered to upgrade.  Had no clue that we're up to IE8 already.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Love the new badges guys!  Can't wait to become a General!

I just upgraded to IE8 at home.  Don't love it, don't hate it...  Never tried Firefox or Chrome, so I don't know what I'm missing.  Like others, I'm on IE at work.  I think we are actually on IE7 now...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2009, 06:14 PM »
How much would ranks change if the Pit didn't exist?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2009, 06:37 PM »
I don't care for it, but the Pit has 27,000 posts... some people love it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Sarlacc Pit  2970
Watto's Junk Yard  125
Vintage  19
Site Feedback, Suggestions, and Help  5
The Legacy Collection  5
Collections  4
JD Sports Forum!  4
Photo Novels  2
Other Toy Lines  1
30th Anniversary Collection  1

^^

Just an example of someone's stats at JD - no I'm not picking on you.  I count 30 posts that were in toy-related threads.  Isn't that what this site is primarily geared towards?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30 PM »
People can come here for any reason they want.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40 PM »
Unless we decide to throw them out of course.  >:D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2009, 11:09 PM »

Oh absolutely and as Brad pointed out thar be 27K in there, it's obviously not insignificant. 

As for me, only 3% of my posts are in there.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2009, 11:21 PM »

Oh absolutely and as Brad pointed out thar be 27K in there, it's obviously not insignificant. 

As for me, only 3% of my posts are in there.   ;)

Well, I would have 299 fewer posts to my total if there were no SP to chime in on.  That would move me from a securely eestablished 14th most posts to just barely holding on to 14th most posts and my rank would move from Jedi Council to uh...Jedi Council.  I can't see the world being much different either way.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2009, 12:43 AM »
Well, I would have 299 fewer posts to my total if there were no SP to chime in on.  That would move me from a securely eestablished 14th most posts to just barely holding on to 14th most posts and my rank would move from Jedi Council to uh...Jedi Council.  I can't see the world being much different either way.   :-\

What would your rank be if there had never been an Out of Context thread, Justin?  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2009, 12:53 AM »

What would your rank be if there had never been an Out of Context thread, Justin?  ;)

That would shockingly be even less of an impact.  No matter how you look at it, I'm way past being a lowly Jedi General.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55 AM »

That would shockingly be even less of an impact.  No matter how you look at it, I'm way past being a lowly Jedi General.   ;)

You may be on the Council, but you do not have voting privledges, oh Chosen One.  ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2009, 02:51 AM »

For most people, it doesn't.   8)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2009, 08:47 AM »

More importantly what would their rank be at a site dedicated to their beloved Political Slap Fights if those sites didn't have a Star Wars section...  oh wait they don't talk politics at those sites, they come here to ours instead yay. ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2009, 07:02 PM »

More importantly what would their rank be at a site dedicated to their beloved Political Slap Fights if those sites didn't have a Star Wars section...  oh wait they don't talk politics at those sites, they come here to ours instead yay. ::)

Well, think of it this way - you're giving the homeless a place to go.   ;)