Author Topic: Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
« on: January 7, 2004, 12:11 PM »
I'm about half-way though this game, and I absolutely love it. There's some really cool characters, and it has a great SW feel to it.

Does anyone else think there's some great action figure potential in this game? Lots of cool droids, spacers, main characters, Mandalorians, Sith Troopers, Dark Lords, etc. I could see a great line from this game.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2004, 02:24 PM »
I don't have any idea how far I am through the game at the present.  But having a limited line of figures from KOTR would by cool.  Just Zaalbar and Mission Vao alone would be cool, along with the Sith Troopers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Don't forget Canderous Ordo, the surly Mandalorian Merc.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2004, 04:45 PM »
On a partitially different subject, I have limited time at home to play this game... my son just got it for Christmas on Xbox.  I think I've logged about 1.5 hours on it and I'm in Tarris or whereever it is... haven't played in about 1 week or more.  Just wondering if there are a couple of good people here to get hints from.   I don't trust myself to buy the book, otherwise I'd be looking things up all the time.  I've beat the first 2 opponents in the dueling ring, lost to ice or whatever her name is.  I went down to the lower level but I think I need more armor, or the energy shield that the guy across the apartment keeps trying to sell me or something.   Another question, I repaired the one sith droid in the first level on the ship... I've never added another person into my party, but could I have added the droid to my party?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 7, 2004, 05:24 PM »
No, that droid was just for practice on how to repair droids and use them to your advantage. The only time you can add someone to your party is when the game tells you they've been added.

I must warn you though, once you leave Taris you'll be hard pressed to put down the controller. You'll pick up some new members of the party when you go to the lower levels. As far as Ice is concerned, I just kept throwing grenades at her.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2004, 06:09 PM »
I have been dying to buy this game, this thread may have put the fire under my >>>
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Jasim

• Youngling
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 07:58 PM »
I don't own the game nor will I buy it. But the artwork and the characters from the Lucasarts website and the KOTR website are awesome.  If Habro could do figures for several of the games I would definately buy them.
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.  - (unknown)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 04:44 PM »
I've gotten deeper into the game now.  Very cool!  I think the only thing that would kind of stink about doing a toy line for this game is this:  you won't be able to get your personal character.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 05:22 PM »
I've quit playing for a time, but really enjoy the game a lot...  It's a lot of fun, and with a good story which is key to singleplayer gaming IMO.

As much as I'd love KOTOR figures and wouldn't turn my nose to them, I'd sooner see new Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series figures made first.  It's a long-lived series where KOTOR is pretty new.  

I'd take both of course though, and figures from lots of other games would suit me well also.  But if I had to pick from one or the other I'd run with the Jedi Knight series first...

To me, t he games have the most solid "Star Wars" feeling storylines from any of the EU...  Top-notch stories are often overlooked in games, and that's a shame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77