Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: R1-G4
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 04:56 PM »
No doubt, R5 has been on rumor lists for a long time now, in fact I don't even list him on wishlists anymore since he seems to be a virtual lock for release at some point, Astromech repaints are a well overlooked cash source for Hasbro

Also R1 is seen in two spots on Tatooine, he's also standing outside the Cantina

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 05:02 PM »
Hasbro really has no excuse for not making a great (or good even) R5-D4 yet...  

They have to be coming out with one in 2004, but when will it be confirmed?   This is LONG overdue.

Don't think you'll get any disagreement with that assesment Pat!  I think one reason for the delay in finally getting a new R5, was the R5 droid that was offered in the Star Tours line.  I'm guessing they're trying to space the distribution of R5 out a little more, which sucks since most people don't have access to the Star Tours droids, not to mention they cost TWICE as much as standard carded Saga figures.

And I just know all the customizers out there are just chompin' at the bit to get a decent and affordable R5 droid on the market...

As for R1-G4, yeah - it's a great figure!  Finally managed to find a couple extras of him this morning actually, after more than a month since I last saw any.  I was a little concerned about it's heighth initially (lack of), but several people pointed out that it was pretty accurate, so that's cool!

Now just give me a damned Sandcrawler to stick him in front of dammit!   >:(   ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 05:04 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 06:09 PM »
[Now just give me a damned Sandcrawler to stick him in front of dammit!   >:(   ::)

I agree with ya on that one.   I've had that wrote down in my little black book for almost three years as "pending".
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 06:22 PM »
Sandcrawler.  Fall.  Target.  Live it.  Learn it.  Love it.

*j/k, Hasbro confirmed the Sandcrawler as a Fall 2004 Target Exclusive during Wizard World in Chicago this past August.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Sandcrawler.  Fall.  Target.  Live it.  Learn it.  Love it.

*j/k, Hasbro confirmed the Sandcrawler as a Fall 2004 Target Exclusive during Wizard World in Chicago this past August.

Let's just hope that's an exclusive that isn't delayed.  I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy.   And thanks again, JediMac for the Star Tours droids.   I love that R5 droid, but it's definitely not R5-D4.   I didn't notice the 3rd "eye" was missing when pics of the Star Tours R5 were first out on the web and was very excited, even if it did have excessive carbon scoring.  I still think it's one of the best in the line, but that doesn't mean it's R5-D4.  

Back to the topic at hand... I still haven't seen R1 or for that matter, any of this wave on a peg, nor have I seen  an Achk Med-Beq figure either and I'm beginning to get worried.  I was able to find all of the Hoth wave.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 11:36 AM »
The big blast hole is neat too, not for R5-D4 but neat nonetheless, this is why I have hope he's coming, and he might come with the Sandcrawler...last I had heard, RA-7, a Jawa and ??? was what was included

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2004, 01:54 PM »
Yes indeed, I ca'nt wait for that Sandcrawler myself. I hope the scale of it is somewhat decent.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Think of how nice a "cinema scene" would be of a new R5-D4, LIN-V8K, and the treadwell WED droid from page 1 of this thread.  Then we'd have good stuff for a purchase of the droids diorama.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2004, 09:31 PM »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda