Author Topic: I'm digging the new slimmed down bubbles!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I'm digging the new slimmed down bubbles!
« on: January 9, 2004, 05:56 PM »
So with the introduction of the "new" Saga line, beginning with the Hoth and Tatooine waves, we're finally getting some much slimmed down figure bubbles.  Long overdue, and greatly appreciated!  Especially from a space/storage standpoint for folks who collect carded figures.

The old bubbles were just a huge waste of space.  It's not as if 90% of the figures even needed that extra 1/2" inch of space added for the previous Saga line.  If you looked at the bubble from the side, you'd see that the added depth was completely unneccesary in most cases, and IMO not terribly attractive.  Looked too damned bulky.

Just glad to see the return of correctly proportioned bubbles, I am.  I'd be even happier to revert back to the even smaller POTJ-esque bubbles, but if these Saga II bubbles provide for a little more accessory room (assuming it's used), then I'm cool with it.  Unless Hasbro's giving us an Ephant Mon, or something similar, let's keep the smaller bubbles coming!  My closet, boxes, bags, and walls thank you!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: I'm digging the new slimmed down bubbles!
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2004, 06:33 PM »
I like them too.  To me this particular incarnation of the SW card is the best, aside from vintage.  I do hope we get some nice accessories once in a while, though.

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 02:05 AM »
Funny you should post this as I'm sitting here thinking about how much I actually LIKE the big bubbles, especially on the new Target animated Clones line. I like the distinct shape, and the new ability it gives to present large pictures of the characters on the right-hand side. It makes me wonder what Saga figures would look like in similar presentation. Imagine the current package design with vintage-like character shots occupying that space. Coolness.

Being contrary,

J

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 03:23 AM »
That would be very cool.  I do like the animated cards.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 07:18 PM »
I had to do some grocery shopping at Target today, and I found Luke Jedi and R1-G4. Thankfully, because of the smaller bubbles, I was able to handle the things with ease. Thanks Hasbro.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk