Author Topic: FFURG.com - News and Updates  (Read 18938 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
FFURG.com - News and Updates
« on: January 14, 2004, 01:58 AM »
Tooting my own horn a bit...  And Jason's (aka CorranHorn) horn since he actually physically posted this at FFURG for me since I'm a complete PC moron.

www.FFURG.com has officially updated with a new reference section by yours truly, Jesse James, pertaining to the PC Flight simulator game, X-Wing: Alliance.  The link can be found right here:

http://www.ffurg.com/references/xwa.htm

and here's a bit of a teaser...  OOOOoooo

I like to think it's a nice little set-up with pictures and descriptions of the main characters heard/seen throughout the X-Wing: Alliance Flight simulator.

The game's a great game, and a not too shabby story either, so it's fun to check out even if you don't plan to do figures from the game even.  It gives you a brief teaser to the game/story anyway.

So please check it out...  Use it to crank out some figures perhaps too.  I think some of those guys would be great to use up some Imperial Dignitary bodies, or Orn Free Tah, or other Senator/long robe type characters.  Just a thought.

And as always, may the FFURG be with you!

PS: Thanks to Jason (Corran Horn) again for posting it and always doing lots of work for FFURG.  More than I ever do anyway.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: FFURG: X-Wing: Alliance Reference
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 02:53 AM »
Jesse,

I'm always happy to post any reference stuff you have to share with the community. But please, don't toot my horn, I don't swing that way!  ;D

Jason
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Come One! Come All! FFURG.com FForums Are Open!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 12:23 AM »
Hey Guys and Gals,

As I posted on the main page here at JediDefender.com (A thanks to the very kind staff/admin here for letting us do that), www.FFURG.com have officially opened the first ever FFURG FForums, "Where Customizers Come to Talk".

We'd personally love everyone who participates here (and elsewhere in the customizing community) to join up and help us expand the customizing community into a more cohesive group.

We're not looking to take membership from here though, so as the moderator from JediDefender's own customizing area we're happy to have you still actively display, discuss, and enjoy the hobby here as well.  We just would love your support over at FFURG as well!

The FForums can be found right HERE , so click on through, sign up, and enjoy folks!  Hopefully we'll be the hoppinest customizing forum in town for all your customizing needs!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Come One! Come All! FFURG.com FForums Are Open!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 04:37 AM »
A big thanks to Jesse, Chris, and the gang here at JD for helping to promote the opening of the FForums. We hope to get the customizing community back up to the lengths it once was, but as Jesse said we would hate to see anyone leave JD. So make sure you continue posting away right here with all the great folks at JD and then stop by and say Hi to all of us over at FFURG.

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 05:23 AM »
Congrats on the new FForums over there finally Jason, Jesse, Dan, and the rest of the FFURG gang.  Good start so far.  If I knew jack about customizing, I'd swing by and join you, but as it is, I just wanted to assure myself of a nice, low member # over there (26)...   ;D

I kid.  Kinda.  Whenever I get around to experimenting with the customizing, I'll be stopping in over there with great frequency, I'm sure.  As long as you guys can tolerate some stupid Customizing Newbie questions (or at least set up a good FAQ)...  Now if you could just ask Philip to move "his" entire Customs forum over to FFURG now, so all the good content could be in one place, that'd be a great start.  Yeah, I'm sure that'd go over well!   :P  Anyway, good luck with the new gig fellas.

...So make sure you continue posting away right here with all the great folks at JD and then stop by and say Hi to all of us over at FFURG.

And vice-versa Jason!   ;)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 08:25 AM »
Although I've only made about 4 customs in my life and they are all pretty lousy, I went ahead and registered up.  :-* I make pretty damn good custom cards in .pdf formats though.  :D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 07:57 PM »
If I knew jack about customizing, I'd swing by and join you, but as it is, I just wanted to assure myself of a nice, low member # over there (26)...   ;D

no you're not, i'm #26  :P

you're all the way down at #30  :P

Offline SWcollectorDUDE

• Youngling
  • Http://allsith.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 01:52 AM »
I'll be frank on this one.  Honestly I will not visit this place,  I feel the customdungeon has been around longer forum wise.  I think they have business taken away from them,  I am also going to say it's cool, but there could be a cool pic of customs somewhere.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 02:14 AM »
Sorry you feel that way SWCD, but with www.FFURG.com being the oldest (known) Star Wars Customizing Resource on the web, from its infancy created through the old email listserver (Still kicking, but something that needs "updated with this forum), I simply disagree.

FFURG.com's been the place the old guys like Stephen Hayford, Tony Collucci, Gary Weaver, and others really inspired...  Guys like Curto, Jason, and the other founders over there really just personify the Star Wars Customizing community to me, and that's why the forums were created.

Not to take away from the forum you mentioned...  Just that, as someone with 13 years in the hobby, they still weren't a site I was aware of even...  FFURG FForums is an attempt to end that, and to make a name for Star Wars customizing with one large community is all.

Bringing customizing back to is hay-days when the email listserver was TRULY a hopping place, like back in early POTF2 days.

Offline SWcollectorDUDE

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 02:16 AM »
Sorry you feel that way SWCD, but with www.FFURG.com being the oldest (known) Star Wars Customizing Resource on the web, from its infancy created through the old email listserver (Still kicking, but something that needs "updated with this forum), I simply disagree.

FFURG.com's been the place the old guys like Stephen Hayford, Tony Collucci, Gary Weaver, and others really inspired...  Guys like Curto, Jason, and the other founders over there really just personify the Star Wars Customizing community to me, and that's why the forums were created.

Not to take away from the forum you mentioned...  Just that, as someone with 13 years in the hobby, they still weren't a site I was aware of even...  FFURG FForums is an attempt to end that, and to make a name for Star Wars customizing with one large community is all.

Bringing customizing back to is hay-days when the email listserver was TRULY a hopping place, like back in early POTF2 days.
I was simply giving my opinon, I know they are one of the oldest resources around, and if that is so why did a forum take so long?  I was just thinking over all of the sites, and after I reflected I realized I was wrong, the dungeon is more of a site for hrmm all customizers not SW ones.  I like it I will register I hope evertyhign works out it was only my opinion first time!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 02:20 AM »
No problems at all SWCD...

We'd be happy to have you as a member over yonder as well.

We're open to all customs as well, but of course as FFURG's dedicated to STar Wars customizing as its focus, we really are strongly centered on that.  There are several generic areas though, so if you have other wares they're welcome to be posted as well.  I'm personally interested in seeing WW2 1:18 customs from some folks.

As far as why we never had a forum, they're not the simplest things to open and operate, or so I understand it...  So we have always left the old Forgotten Force Email Listserver as the means of discussion.  We're trying to get things to a more cohesive "community" rather than a single email server though.  

Things are looking good so far too!

Offline SWcollectorDUDE

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 02:22 AM »
I noticed hope it works out if I make any customs or I need help I know where to go!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 03:21 AM »
Customs talk has heated up...  I've been happy to see lots of new faces and some of the old too over at FForums!

Thanks for all you who participated and help make this a great success for us.  We're still growing but hopefully in time we'll be the premiere learning center for customs and interactive custom experience through the FFURG site and the FForum casa de conversation!

Thanks guys and gals!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
FFURG.com - News and Updates
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 03:25 AM »
Much anticipated around the customizing community is our Card Template Vault, which by popular demand has seen a grand re-opening at www.FFURG.com.

CLICK ME!  CLICK ME!

Watch your step as there's still some site construction, but this is a big event.

Thanks really going out bigtime to www.FFURG.com 's own staffer, Tim...  aka "Savrip".  Great guy, very knowledgeable, and very dedicated to getting the Template Vault up and running!

Enjoy the templates, and the hard work of others, as it is shared with all to create customs they can enjoy!  This is the type of great stuff the hobby is all about!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: FFURG Card Templates Back In Action
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 08:56 AM »
i'm glad to see this section is finally open again. it was one of the things i missed about the "old" ffurg  ;D