Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 155919 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42 AM »
As for Life, I thought I read that it was being considered for renewal, but I just looked it up and no.  So now, I've only got a couple of shows to watch that are even halfway entertaining at this point.  Good thing I don't watch a ton of TV anyway.

They cancelled Life?  That sucks!  I really liked that show!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2009, 09:02 AM »
That stinks that The Unit got cancelled. >:(  It was one of my favorite shows right now.  Guess CBS had to make room for C.S.I. Iowa or something. ::)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2009, 10:12 AM »
As for Life, I thought I read that it was being considered for renewal, but I just looked it up and no.  So now, I've only got a couple of shows to watch that are even halfway entertaining at this point.  Good thing I don't watch a ton of TV anyway.

They cancelled Life?  That sucks!  I really liked that show!

Yeah, I just looked that up yesterday after I was informed.  Pisses me off that the two shows I watch religiously are pulled off the air. 

As for the the CSI, I never have gotten into that.  I get tired of seeing the same old shows over and over again, police drama, ala CSI or law shows.  They are all the same to me and not very refreshing.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2009, 09:37 AM »
After my bumbling of a post earlier this week I took a look around the 'net to see what else was chopped for the upcoming season.  My Name is Earl is gone as well.  So basically, most everything that I watch on the the basic channels is now gone.

Of my normal network TV list that I "used" to watch/DVR on a regular basis:
My Name is Earl
The Unit
Life
The Office
Southland

So 3 of 5 shows are cancelled and Southland has been moved to Friday night where it will probably go to die as many shows do.  Thank god for all the stuff on the History/Military channels or I'd have nothing to watch at all.  I do casually watch some of the stuff my wife watches, but never get into any of it, except maybe Desperate Housewives.  She watches Grey's Anatomy, which I think is stupid and is pretty much the same drama week after week after week.  She used to watch Brothers and Sisters, but I got so pissed of with the politics of the show (can't we have a show with no politics) that I won't be in the room to watch/listen.  And then there is reality TV that I could go on it's merry way and i wouldn't miss it at all.  The Bachelor series is stupid and has run it's course.  ABC keeps trying to pump life into it by scripting drama, but it's still stupid.  All the dance/singing shows drive me crazy after a while.  I halfway like American Idol just because I love music, but it doesn't bother me if I missed it completely.

Okay, I guess this rant is over for a while.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: June 1, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Does/did anyone watch the True Blood series on HBO?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2009, 08:16 AM »
A nice trailer for the Hanks/Spielberg HBO mini-series The Pacific
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Does/did anyone watch the True Blood series on HBO?

Like an addiction to V.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2009, 10:47 AM »
The new "V" series starts up here Nov 3rd, I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Also starting on Nov 15th is the new remake of The Prisoner on AMC with Ian McKellen as #2. This 6 episode miniseries is based on the 1960s cult classic TV series The Prisoner staring Patrick McGoohan as #6. I'm really looking forward to seeing this long awaited updated series, I watched the original back in the day. RIP Patrick, be seeing you.  :'(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 1, 2009, 12:32 PM »
I'm going to check out V.  I liked the 80's movie and series well enough so I'll give this a shot. 

I just saw a commercial last night for The Prisoner and the name sounded familiar but I don't know anything about the original series and I've never seen it.  I may check this out if it's just a mini series.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 1, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Funny that this has come up.  I didn't feel like watching football and cruised through the channels to find that the original series V is actually on SyFy right now.  My roommate and I in college spent a weekend watching the original series on video...that had to be about '95 or '96.

I look forward to the upcoming series.  There isn't much on TV right now that I am even into.

And on that note, what shows do you guys watch weekly?  For me, I watch the following religiously:

The Office
Flash Forward (I love this show)
Clone Wars (sometimes if I remember to set the DVR)
and my guilty pleasure Desperate Housewives

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 1, 2009, 06:02 PM »
I picked up the old school V series + movie on DVD a week or so ago at Target for cheap.  Haven't really been much of a tv watcher these past few years +, but I purchased a 42" HD TV last week and I'm getting sick of only watching my local channels so I'm currently looking for a decent price on HD programming.....Oh and one of those fancy smancy DVRs I've heard so much about.   :)   Still can't find my damned Video Cassette Recorder remote.   ::)

- the old man
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 2, 2009, 01:22 AM »
I watched some of the V marathon they ran today but it was too much.  I turned it off after a while.  Still, it was fun to see a little of it, I haven't seen it since it was probably first run...unless I caught a re-run of it somewhere that I'm forgetting.

As for what TV shows I'm watching?  Probably too many;
House
Heroes
Greek
Castle
NCIS and NCIS: LA
Sons of Anarchy
Flashforward
Office
CSI: Vegas
Mentalist
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Clone Wars
Dollhouse
Numb3rs
Stargate: Universe
Sanctuary
White Collar

And those are just what's on now.  When some of those go on hiatus and TNT, USA, SyFy and FX bring back their other series like The Closer, Psych, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Rescue Me you can swap those in also...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 2, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Holy crap man, that's like 15 hours a week.  I'm going to assume you don't have kids... ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 2, 2009, 01:59 PM »
Nope.  Not married either.

E...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: November 2, 2009, 03:36 PM »
And on that note, what shows do you guys watch weekly?  For me, I watch the following religiously:

The Office
Flash Forward (I love this show)
Clone Wars (sometimes if I remember to set the DVR)
and my guilty pleasure Desperate Housewives

Dollhouse
Dexter
Sunny
The Office
Stargate Universe
Curb
Neflix show of the week (whatever show I have from Netflix that I'm working on)

Like E, Eureka and Warehouse 13 would also make that list. Eureka has started to lose some of it's charm for me though.
"This is the way."