Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154943 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2004, 11:47 AM »
Looking forward to Survivor too. Glad the GH sign up is full.  ;)

Game on!  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Thought about checking out Lost as well, looked kind of good from the previews that have been shown.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2004, 06:06 PM »
I'm looking forward to Smallville. Ive followed this show since the begining. I'll be job interveiwing by day, and watching Smallville by night.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Anyone catch the Star Wars VH1 special this weekend?  I believe it was called "When Star Wars Ruled the World".  Saw it, taped it, and it wasn't too bad.  Of course, I always enjoy me a Star Wars show, especially the nostalgic kind that look back on the good ole days :P.  They did have interviews with quite a few of the stars (Mark Hamill, Carrie Fischer, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew, Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis, John Williams, etc.)  Kind of nice seeing all this Star Wars attention over the past week too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 10:47 AM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2004, 07:33 PM »
I watched it. I was really digging it until they had some snarky comments about the fans. I know I should have a thicker hide, but **** like that gets under my skin sometimes.

All this SW love from the rest of the world will be gone after the holidays, I fear. Which kinda sucks. I'm sure the whole point of the DVD release is to build hype for ROTS.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2004, 05:24 PM »
Anyway watch Lost last night?  I'm hooked.  Definitely one I'll be checking out every week.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 7, 2004, 03:13 PM »
Did anyone happen to watch the "Priceless Collections: Boys' Toys" special on the History Channel last night? (thanks Jesse, via the front page)  I happened to watch it, but the Sansweet segment wasn't until almost the very end of the show (if you are catching it on the replay, its in the last half hour).  Kind of a neat little segment, highlighting different areas of his collection.  It really made my collection seem quite piddly in comparison, but then again, I don't have that money to spend either.  It would be cool to visit his "Rancho Obi-Wan" sometime to see all of that though, pretty amazing.

Also, on the television note...for those interested, A Charlie Brown Christmas is airing tonight on ABC.  That has always been my favorite Christmas "special", and I try to watch it every year.  I think it might be replayed at a later date in December as well.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: December 7, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Yeah, I caught that last night as well, Brian!  Unfortunately, I got home too late for the regular showing from 9-11pm, so I had to stay up for the replay from 1-3am.  Of course, as you pointed out already Bri, the Sansweet segment didn't come on until the second to last segment, nearly the very end - about 1 hour and 38 minutes into the show, to be exact.  So I couldn't hit the sack until about 2:45am when it finally ended...   :-\

Though there were definitely some cool shots in there, I was actually kinda disappointed overall with it.  Sansweet spent a little too much time being a goof, and describing certain characters and whatnot, as if folks watching the show had never seen the Star Wars flicks before.  I basically wanted to see a camera slowly scroll through his entire collection house - floor by floor, hall by hall.  Yeah, I know, that's a tad unrealistic, with his collection spanning over 5,000 square feet of living space.

Still fun to see it though.  Maybe not 2:45am fun, but still cool nonetheless.  He's obviously got a mind bogglingly insane collection, and a lot of very rare and unique pieces mixed in there.  Still find it surprising to hear that he actually hits the toy stores like everyone else here does.  I'm not entirely sure I believe that.  Seems like something he'd get some hired help for, or have his archivist do...

Anyway, here's a link to 140 pictures of his collection as well.  Check it out, some cool stuff in there...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2004, 10:04 AM »
We don't get the History Channel up here, more like HistoryTelevision Channel for us & not sure if we will ever get the show here but Thanks to a link on RS I finally got to see this segment of the show.

Interesting stuff to see, wish there was more.  :-\

Thanks for the picture link Matt, a person can eye ball that colletion better. Crap, thats alot of stuff!  :o

I really wanted to see Carmen Electra in the Slave outfit!  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I don't know if anyone caught the new Family Guy last night, but it centered on Peter saving the local bartender from a fire, while he (Peter) was blind.  The whole episode Peter wanted to do something "he would be remembered for", and this act did it.  Anyways, at the end of the episode, he gets a medal from the Mayor and the scene mirrors the ending scene from ANH almost exactly.  Chewie accompanies him as he walks down the aisle, and R2/3PO are shown as well.  It also has the same fade and credits in the style of Star Wars.  Kind of neat, anyways.  I believe Yakface might have a link up of the scene, if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2005, 05:58 PM »
I tried watching that episode, but they lost me after Peter started the fistfight with the big chicken and it just drug on and on and on.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Thats one of the best episodes made! :o

Kevin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2005, 02:21 AM »
Only now, at the end, do I understand the signifigance of the chicken.

I saw one part before I switched channels where Peter and his gang of fools stuck a ceiling fan over Quagmire's wee-wee. I wonder where that joke went.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Get out of town!

ABC revives 'Kolchak'

A remake of the shortlived 1970s occult series "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" is also among the three new dramas and two comedies ABC said Tuesday it will introduce in the fall.

A remake Of Kolchak, I don't think anyone could replace Darren Mcgavin, well maybe David Duchovny.  ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2005, 04:55 PM »
If Smallville gets the ax because of some stupid attempt to compete with another network, like they did with Angel, I'm canceling my cable subscription.

Kevin