Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 155009 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #450 on: January 14, 2015, 06:37 AM »
Same main character. Same basic idea as the movie from what I understand. Most of the population has been wiped out and Cole is going back and forth in time to try and stop it, but isn't really being giving the truth from the people sending him back in time. On Syfy on Friday.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:41 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2015, 07:46 AM »
From the promos I've seen, it looks like they're covering just about the same content.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2015, 08:40 AM »
You had me intrigued up until "SyFy"... ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2015, 09:41 AM »
You had me intrigued up until "SyFy"... ;)

There's a reason my expectations are low
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2015, 12:57 AM »
Liked it. You can tell it's syfy though. Certainly will continue to watch
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:59 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 19, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Missed it - I wonder if its on On Demand?  Did I miss the season 2 premiere of Helix as well???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 19, 2015, 03:20 PM »
I believe you did miss Helix

12 Monkeys was "on demand". In fact for 24 hours episode 2 was on demand. I'm in for awhile

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #457 on: January 20, 2015, 12:56 AM »
I believe you did miss Helix

I wouldn't say I've been missing it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 25, 2015, 08:27 AM »
So...Agent Carter is in the books now. I ended up liking this more than I thought I would, even though it sort of fizzled at the end with the whole Kingsmen ripoff. Not sure I got the point of letting Dottie live though, or pairing up the Doc with Zola. Are they planning to make more of these someday?

And hats off to Parks & Recreation for a very enjoyable 7 season run...what a great finale. This show was never particularly great, but it had many memorable moments and ultimately felt like time well spent to me when I watched. (Never missed an episode)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 25, 2015, 09:41 AM »
Are they planning to make more of these someday?

That's how it feels to me- that they're building up to Season 2.  The Doc and Zola, Sousa letting his feelings known for Peggy, and Peggy spilling Steve's blood into the East River (in a sense, letting him go so that she move on and be with Sousa).

As for Dottie living, perhaps there's more to her (Winter Soldier) than we know?  I thought we'd also get some info on the Winter Soldier project but maybe I'll have to wait until Season 2.  Also, what's Dottie's purpose now? Rescue the Doc and Zola.

I enjoyed it.  Good fun.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 9, 2015, 05:48 PM »
How did I miss this?!  Starz Ash vs. Evil Dead 2015 TV Series.  Raimi and Campbell together again?  I'm in. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #461 on: April 9, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 24, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Anyone watching Toy Hunter every week...I get a kick
At seeing what Jordan finds but man the price he pays or says he pays is bull-honkey.  He said he paid $300 for a MASK Boulder Hill loose with box that at most is worth $150 and said he was going to sell for $500.  And it's every week seething like that...my new favorite game to play is Searching eBay to see what he thinks he'll "get" vs what is reality.  I still like the show don't get me wrong

Canceled.

I finally got around to checking out Jordan Hembrough's shop last weekend.  His shop is all of 20 minutes from my house, but he really didn't have a brick and mortar presence until recently.  He had been more of an online dealer/broker.  Anyway, he's a genuinely nice guy and was very much up for chatting.  And does he LOVE Star Wars!!!  He has some amazing vintage stock in his store, as well as some cool modern things like GG's jumbo sized vintage style figures.  And to top it off, he even has production blueprints for some of the Jabba's Palace droids from RETURN OF THE JEDI!!!

We talked briefly about the TOY HUNTER series.  Travel Channel had a major change in direction in the past couple of years, so Jordan and the production company that was putting together TOY HUNTER have been shopping a 4th season of the show around.  I get the sense that they don't have any takers yet, but I could really see the show doing well if they tailored it for an online audience.  Web shows are what's happening now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:26 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2015, 08:40 AM »
I started watching True Detective this week and am officially hooked.  I mostly despise McCoughnehe,  but his acting in this show is really a work of art.  You can tell that he's living and breathing the role.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #464 on: April 30, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Getting close to not having much TV to watch anymore...Mad Men will be ending in three weeks

My wife and I did start watching House of Cards on Netflix and really enjoy that (we just watched Episode 1 of Season 2)...

We only really watch Modern Family (which is really stale and needs to end) and The Goldbergs (which I think is great)