Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154988 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 9, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Did Stewart live up to his word and only ask him about Star Wars and Indy? ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2006, 12:05 PM »
Don't forget - Fox will air the final four episodes of Arrested Development tonight.

Fox is calling tonight's block the season finale, but all of the fans know that it may be SERIES finale...

If you're a fan or just want to see what all the buzz is about, check it out - it sure beats the opening ceremonies!

8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2006, 10:32 AM »
If anyone missed Harrison Ford's appearance on Conan (where he talked about the holiday special), it seems a clip has made its way online if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Also...nice Arrested Development marathon on Friday.  I missed the first episode, but saw the last three and thought they were great.  I've got the rest on tape/DVD aside from the one I missed, and its one of our favorite shows.  Haven't heard anymore word on if its going to continue elsewhere (Showtime was rumored at one point, although we don't get it), but it really is/was a hilarious show.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Yah!  A fellow AD fan!

The future for AD looks grim according the rumors on the net and word that the show's creator (Mitch Hurwitz) is emotionally drained.

The final four shows were great though and seemed to wrap everything pretty well.

I hope it's not the end but I fear it is.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Yeah, I thought the show was wrapped up pretty nicely in those last four episodes.  Don't get me wrong, I really hope it continues on, but I thought the ending was done in a way where it could really be "the end" or it could continue on as well.  My wife and I have been watching AD from the beginning, and it has been great.  It will be curious to see what the future is, if any.  Showtime has sounded like the best bet of anything, and although we don't get it (and probably wouldn't pay for it for just the one show), there would always be the DVD releases.  Maybe we'll start to get further confirmation on this now that this season is all wrapped up.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Not sure if anyone else is following, but the Shield IMO is the best drama on TV.  This season is one of the best yet.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Just read in the paper that The Simpsons was renewed for another 2 years, meaning it'll run through at least its 18th and 19th seasons.  Only Gunsmoke lasted longer, at 20.  I expect the Simpsons will top them before ending.

I've been enjoying this season pretty well, so I say keep 'em coming!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 5, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Just a quick note for all you Arrested Development fans out there -

G4 to Air Past Episodes

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2006, 09:21 AM »
That's good news about AD.  Sure, there are always the DVDs, but its always nice to see some favorite shows get show in syndication.  It looks like Scrubs will be airing all over the place starting next week as well (Comedy Central, WGN, and the WB/CW here), so its nice to see some of our favorites hitting the reruns :).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2006, 07:22 PM »
The original Star Trek episodes will be returning to syndication beginning in weekend syndication September 16th for the first time in 16 years. These episodes are digitally remastered to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

Remastering Star Trek: TOS FX, Music Enhanced

Watch Full Trailer for Remastered Star Trek Episodes.  :o  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2006, 08:37 PM »
What made me geek out was stepping through the phaser fire FX shot toward the end and seeing the phaser reflection on the ship. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2006, 09:11 PM »
I just wasted 3 months of Tuesday and Wednesday nights watching Supernova pick a young punk to be their lead singer.  I'm glad I never bought my tickets for Columbus since I knew in August (when the news was leaked) that Lukas would win but still....I had hoped for Magni or Dilana.  This is why I don't watch reality TV.  :-X
Beth

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Actually watched the first "updated" original Star Trek episode last night. While I appreciated the effort and the images did look nice and clean, I think the dated style of the shot composition helped to take away from the overall excitement of the idea.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 4, 2007, 05:42 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2007, 11:25 AM »
I just happened to notice that a channel on our local cable lineup (Ion) is showing the Wonder Years repeats.  I don't know if anyone else here enjoyed that show, but I watched that a lot when I was growing up, and always liked it.  Its been kind of nice watching the repeats here and there.  Anyways, if anyone is interested, they seem to be showing at 9 PM (Central Time) here on Ion.  That same channel also had the original Battlestar Galactica on this past weekend, and I think might be showing it on Sundays from now on too.  It has been a long time since I had seen any of those episodes, but remember them from my childhood as well.