Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 154959 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Official Television Thread
« on: January 16, 2004, 08:36 AM »
I thought it might be interesting to see what types of television shows everyone enjoys out there (even if it is embarassing), or even if you just want to post something interesting, or a Star Wars reference, that you might have seen on TV. (For example, if anyone saw That 70s Show last night, there was a couple SW references on there). Anyways, my wife and I are tv/movie people I guess. Although we aren't couch potatoes in the true sense (we both work full time and exercise at least an hour a day), our evenings are pretty much dedicated to watching the tube together. A few of our favorite shows to watch include (I guess I'll go by days):

Sunday: On Fox, Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, Arrested Development (the wife also enjoys American Dreams, but I usually only see the second half due to Simpsons) Also, lately we have been watching the show "Home Movies" on adult swim (Cartoon Network). It just started airing again, and we find it quite funny.

Monday: Still Standing, Everybody Loves Raymond (CBS)

Tuesday: Nothing really in particular, but we do sometimes watch the show Happy Family on NBC, and According to Jim on ABC.

Wednesday: Fox night, again...That 70s Show is a favorite, and although I might get made fun of for this, we both really enjoy "the O.C." Started watching it with the wife, now we're both hooked :P.

Thursday: As cliche as it sounds...we always watch Friends. We also catch Will and Grace some of the time, but haven't been overly enthused about it for awhile. We are BIG fans of the show Scrubs (one of the funniest shows on TV I think)...but it hasn't been on lately because of that Trump show.

Friday: Not much on this night I guess. If we're home, we usually watch "Life with Bonnie" (I think that's what it is called). Pretty funny. Also seem to watch Dateline quite a bit on Fridays, if we haven't rented or gone to movies.

Saturday: Other than some sports during the day, it is pretty much a TLC night for us (laugh if you will). We watch home shows such as "Trading Spaces" and "Clean Sweep". We also catch Saturday Night Live if it is new.

Reruns: We consistently watch Seinfeld reruns (our favorite), as well as Friends, Simpsons, and some of That 70s Show. We also catch Family Guy and Futurama on adult swim every night. We occasionally watch us some Letterman and Conan O'Brien as well.  As far as shows that aren't currently on, we used to watch that Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica show on MTV.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 10:09 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 09:43 AM »
My TV watching has dropped considerably when I went to college, I'll try and catch the local nightly news and Letterman usually everyweek night

Sunday: NFL, The Simpsons (If I remember I record it, wifey won't let me watch in front of the boy), Curb Your Enthusiasm
Monday: MNF usually no matter who is playing, Raymond in the off season
Tuesday: Nada
Wednesday: Law and Order (I still like this show even though it hasn't been the same since Angie Harmon left :()
Thursday: Survivor, CSI, E.R.
Friday: Nada
Saturday: Trading Spaces if we aren't doing something

Used to watch The Simpsons Reruns but see Sunday, Seinfeld is on a couple of times a day and I'll catch that too (such as last nights Risk episode (the game of world domination))

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 09:48 AM »
I haven't watch tv in a long time. Basically, theres nothing on that intrests me.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Not much at all.   :-\  Not that I don't like it, but I just don't see much.  When the tube is on, it's usually on so the girl can watch it and then it's usually a DVD of some cartoon or other.  

Shows I'd like to watch but seldom see are TRU calling, That 70s Show, Simpsons.  Not much new show wise.  I'll watch Buffy or Angel reruns given the opportunity.  Hockey.  Some NFL.  We have a decent sports highlights channel so I'll tune that in to watch highlights and read the stats across the ticker.

I spend more time in front of the computer screen than the tv screen.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Oh, and I'll catch the occasional Wild or T-Pups game but never the whole thing, one of those parental sacrifice thingies

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Sunday-Nothing usualy unless a movie I like is on.
Monday-WWE Raw
Tuesday-Nothing
Wensday-Smallville,Angel
Thursday-Smackdown
Friday-Nothing
Saturday-Nothing

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 10:15 AM »
There are three "must see" shows I will go out of my way to watch every week:  That 70s Show, CSI and Survivor.  Other than those, I watch football on Sundays, Simpsons and Malcolm.  During the week, whatever looks good we'll watch.  As sad as it is to say, the best comedies on TV are reruns:  Seinfeld, That 70s Show, Simpsons, etc.

When none of those are on, most of the time I end up watching either ESPN, Discovery or FoodTV or watching one of our many DVDs.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 10:35 AM »
the only show i watch religiously is alias. i don't know why, but that show is just really good. i try to catch the simpsons, aqua teen hunger force, space ghost coast to coast, insomniac with dave atell, and any new york rangers and new york yankees games when they are on. outside of that, i'm hooked on tech tv - doesn't matter what show, but my favorites are screen savers and unscrewed with martin sargeant. i also have the anime network on demand - best $5 i've spent per month in a long time.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 10:45 AM »
When I get a chance to watch TV I usually try to catch  Thats 70s show, or most anything on discovery, history channels, American Chopper, Junkyard Wars, I also like to catch the muscle car shows on speed.   Other that those, sports, NFL, NASCAR, BUSCH. those I catch almost every time they are on.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 12:48 PM »
Monday- Thursday: Never fail, I watch:

-Family Feud (The new ones)
-Judge Judy
-The Simpsons
-Seinfeld (or Hollywood Squares- they're on at the same time over here)
-Conan O' Brien (the reruns on Comedy Central)
-Insomniac
-South Park (sometimes, if I'm not sleepy)

Friday: Same as the rest of the weekdays, except I tend to stay up later and watch a variety of different shows, but mainly Friday Night Stand-Up on Comedy Central

Saturday: It depends. I usually leave Comedy Central on while I'm using the computer, no matter what's on. I try to catch Cops and America's Most Wanted, as well.

Sunday: There's usually crap on t.v on Sunday mornings and afternoons, no two ways about it. Sunday night I try to catch the Simpsons.

Throughout the week I also watch the History Channel, and the Food Network if there's something good on, like Iron Chef or Unwrapped. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 01:27 PM »
Sunday: Simpsons, Buffy and Angel reruns, Adult Swim
Monday-Tuesday- Nothing, as I'm at work.
Wednesday- I tape Angel, when I remember to.
Thursday-Friday- At work, No TV.
Saturday- I'll try to catch Enterprise.

That's about it.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 02:57 PM »
I don't watch much, and generally only follow:

Angel, NYPD Blue, Sex & The City, (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire when they air) Will & Grace.

I also like to catch Adult Swim sometimes and Buffy reruns.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Thanks to my computer bing in a room without a TV and my current addiction to said game, I've really cut down on TV...

Sunday: Football (or baseball), Simpsons, and Alias
Monday: MNF and/or Las Vegas
Tuesday: none
Wednesday: West Wing, South Park
Thursday: ER (but not since they killed Dr. Romano)
Friday: none (sometimes JAG)
Saturday: none

Uh... not many shows in there at all.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Killing Romano ruined the rest of ER for me too, its the last year and all but he ruled!

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 05:03 PM »
Monday: Leno, strictly for headlines.
Tuesday: 24
Wednesday: Nothing
Thursday: Rarely, WWE Smackdown
Friday: Nothing
Saturday: Nothing
Sunday: Football, and in the offseason, Arena Football