Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 156001 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2007, 06:50 AM »
Yeah, this new Bionic Woman show is terrible.  And if one more BSG actor shows up I'm done with it just on principle. 

Otherwise, since there's nothing else on Wed night right now, I'll probably watch it just because the women on it are not completely unfortunate looking.

E...

???  Find something else to do and just hold out until 10:00 EST.  Dirty Sexy Money is a guilty pleasure well worth watching.  It's great to see Peter Krause back on t.v.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35 AM »
Not sure if anyone here has ever watched the BBC Sci-Fi comedy Red Dwarf, it's coming back as a 2hr Easter weekend special where Lister finally makes in back to earth.  :D

Red Dwarf voyages back to Earth

So much for that movie that was to come long ago that was shelved.

Anyone else watch this show many years ago?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:04 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2009, 12:33 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Good for the show's creator, one of the nicest guys in Hollywood.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Hey All been working on a site similar to officequotes.net for the past few months for 30 rock.

http://www.30rockquotes.net/

Thought i might as well share what's done considering tonight is the season finale.

Still alot of quoting to do. Going to be working on it alot this summer. Looking for helping transcribing episodes. If you have any questions, comments, ideas, or contributions you wish to share feel free to contact me here, through the site, email or any of the social networks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Did anyone catch the Earl finale last night? I loved that last season, it more than made up for Season 3. I never thought the show could come back from that atrocity but it has! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2009, 10:04 AM »

They're Coming!

I likey.  I wish I remembered the original storyline from V a bit better.  This preview reminds me a lot of that short run show Invasion from a couple years back.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2009, 11:35 AM »
This kills me, but one of my favorite shows is being cancelled by CBS, The Unit.  It was so far from real military life, but it was a fun show to watch.  This past season was excellent.

What upsets me about some shows on CBS in recent years is they don't really give them a chance to get started.  I guess that isn't really limited to CBS, but they come to mind the most.  What they seem to do is when they have some big "special" event to put on, they will bump particular shows and then constantly will change the day/time of the show.  This can get confusing and people who might be otherwise interested in watching won't be able to because they don't know when/if the show will be on.  I remember right after my wife and I got married she was big into Crossing Jordan and this was another CBS show that suffered the same fate.  It was a decent show with a decent following, but was always moved around the TV lineup and not really given a chance to shine.

Oh well, it appears that NBC will renew Life and Southland for another season.  Hopefully Southland won't die a gruesome death being moved to Friday nights.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37 PM »
I find it interesting that you call CBS out on that since that network, IMO, is one of the most stable as far as putting a show on and sticking with its schedule.  What you describe is FOX which is by far the most unfriendly network when it comes to nurturing shows.

The Unit actually got 4 seasons which surprised me.  I liked it a lot as well and will be sorry to see it go, but it's not like CBS put it on one season, moved it all over the schedule and then ended it. 

Crossing Jordan wasn't a CBS show, it was NBC, and I only remember seeing that switch nights one time but it may have moved more.  Plus it ran for 6 seasons which is a lot, really.

And unless something has changed in the last week, Life got cancelled.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Well slap me on the ass and call me Sally...

I'm going off of stuff I read about a month ago.  And I guess I'm wrong on a ton of my post...guess I'll just call myself uninformed now.  I really thought Crossing Jordan was on CBS and I thought it had a decent run, but was constantly moved around.

As for Life, I thought I read that it was being considered for renewal, but I just looked it up and no.  So now, I've only got a couple of shows to watch that are even halfway entertaining at this point.  Good thing I don't watch a ton of TV anyway.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Wasn't Life that show with Corkey - that red headed special guy?  Meh...I'm sure I'm wrong, but the name of that show eludes me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2009, 11:27 PM »

They're Coming!

I likey.  I wish I remembered the original storyline from V a bit better.  This preview reminds me a lot of that short run show Invasion from a couple years back.

I will give this show a chance but nothing beats the original miniseries.  Hopefully its better then the first TV series.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Wasn't Life that show with Corkey - that red headed special guy?  Meh...I'm sure I'm wrong, but the name of that show eludes me.

"Life Goes On."  We nicknamed my college roomate Corky after that kid.  He didn't have Downs Syndrome but he did sort of look like him.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"