Author Topic: Official Television Thread  (Read 155005 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Television Thread
« Reply #465 on: April 30, 2015, 04:33 PM »
True Detective Season 2 Trailer

Just finished the last episode of Season I.  Great conclusion and wrap up to everything.  I wish we were getting more of these initial detectives, but will be interesting to see what they do with the next installment.  If its half as good as Season I it will be worth watching.

I'd also recommend Bloodline to anyone who liked True Detective.  Similar narration with the storyline bouncing between different timelines as a mystery is revealed about a well known family in the Florida Keys and their black sheep brother/son. 

I'm out of TV viewing material when Mad Men wraps up as well.  We watch a few recorded sitcoms like Modern Family from time to time and will catch the back half of Amazing Race, but I'm at a loss for anything new until Orange is the New Black and Fear the Walking Dead hit this Summer.  Did anyone catch Better Call Saul on AMC?  Worth watching?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #466 on: April 30, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Getting close to not having much TV to watch anymore...

I'm out of TV viewing material when Mad Men wraps up as well. 

To anyone looking for a good, make that GREAT, TV show - Watch The Americans on FX.   Easily one of the top shows on TV right now and no one is watching it but me and a few critics, I think.

It's one of two TV shows where I actually sit still and focus 100% on it (Game of Thrones being the other one).  Most complaints I see are folks "not wanting to cheer for the Russians" but the show is so, so much more than just cold war stuff.  The spy stuff is almost secondary to the family stuff.  Excellent show.  Give it a try.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #467 on: April 30, 2015, 05:25 PM »
I'm out of TV viewing material when Mad Men wraps up as well.  We watch a few recorded sitcoms like Modern Family from time to time and will catch the back half of Amazing Race, but I'm at a loss for anything new until Orange is the New Black and Fear the Walking Dead hit this Summer.  Did anyone catch Better Call Saul on AMC?  Worth watching?

If you liked Breaking Bad, you will love Better Call Saul.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 1, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Yeah, Better Call Saul is AWESOME. It took me a while to "get" the season finale but the rest of the episodes are all good stuff, especially if you've seen all of Breaking Bad. Plus, the official Twitter retweeted me once, so I'll always go to bat for the show.

My wife and I did start watching House of Cards on Netflix and really enjoy that (we just watched Episode 1 of Season 2)...

All downhill from there, but I'm the only one who thinks this apparently. I thought Season 3 was trash too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 1, 2015, 03:11 PM »
To anyone looking for a good, make that GREAT, TV show - Watch The Americans on FX.   Easily one of the top shows on TV right now and no one is watching it but me and a few critics, I think.

I agree with you, Jeff.  This is one of my must sees during the week.  It's been an awesome season... sad to see it end already, but it left you with a "wow" feeling... and the cliff-hanger is great yet horrible that I have to wait until the next season to see what happens.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #470 on: May 1, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Love The Americans.  I have no clue what's going to happen now.  Crazy, brutal, intense stuff.

I watch tons of horror movies, but I don't know that I've ever flinched like I did early in the season when they were cleaning up the problem in the Afghan diplomat's hotel room.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 2, 2015, 06:48 AM »
Yeah, Better Call Saul is AWESOME. It took me a while to "get" the season finale but the rest of the episodes are all good stuff, especially if you've seen all of Breaking Bad. Plus, the official Twitter retweeted me once, so I'll always go to bat for the show.

My wife and I did start watching House of Cards on Netflix and really enjoy that (we just watched Episode 1 of Season 2)...

All downhill from there, but I'm the only one who thinks this apparently. I thought Season 3 was trash too.

I haven't watched S3 yet, but the end of S2e01 is the best part of the first two seasons.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #472 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01 PM »
Not sure what side of history it's going to put me on, but I liked the ending of Mad Men last night. 

Also, I haven't watched David Letterman in forever it seems, but I think I'll tune in this week as we head to the end, especially knowing that Bill Murray is supposed to be on tomorrow.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Absolutely loved the Mad Men finale...it was really well done.  I also have to give huge kudos to the production team for basically keeping the entire show under a huge veil of secrecy and no spoilers.

Draper's little Mona Lisa smile at then subsequent cut to the end was absolutely perfect.  Gonna miss you Joan Harris :'(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 19, 2015, 11:37 AM »
MAD MEN SPOILER

I thought the Finale was good, not great.  At least they wrapped up most of the loose ends.  Did you guys take from the ending that Draper returned to make the Coke ad?  It was mentioned earlier that he could come back and work on Coke, so that was my interpretation, but not sure if others had a different take.  Maybe Peggy made it or came from Joan's new production company?  Or just there to leave you wondering about any of those possible scenarios.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Caught the whole week of Letterman's finale even though I can't stand late night talk shows... good stuff. Loved the ending Everlong montage and the Final Top Ten.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 21, 2015, 08:29 PM »
I didn't watch, but I hope Biff, Hal, and Chris Elliot made appearances this past week. I assume, without checking, that Larry Bud is dead.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Letterman's final top ten was great, with a different "star" offering up each line.  I thought some of the A-Listers didn't seem happy with his gushing over Peyton Manning, which made it that much more funny.  Good stuff - he will be missed.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2015, 01:34 PM »
I caught the first few episodes of Wayward Pines this weekend and it was pretty solid.  For those that haven't heard of it, a Secret Service guy wakes up in WP, Idaho and can't get out of the town.  There's active debate as to whether he is hallucinating things due to a medical condition or if the weirdness he sees is real.  The townspeople are all really weird and clearly hiding something.  It has that early-on LOST vibe where you're just not sure what is going to happen next or what in the world is going on.  Definitely worth a watch if you liked shows like Lost or True Detective.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 12, 2015, 11:25 PM »
MAD MEN SPOILER

I thought the Finale was good, not great.  At least they wrapped up most of the loose ends.  Did you guys take from the ending that Draper returned to make the Coke ad?  It was mentioned earlier that he could come back and work on Coke, so that was my interpretation, but not sure if others had a different take.  Maybe Peggy made it or came from Joan's new production company?  Or just there to leave you wondering about any of those possible scenarios.

That was my take on it - especially since the girl at the commune that ran the office inspired the look of one of the girls in the Coke commercial - they had nearly identical hair color and braids, and were wearing the same clothes.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(