Author Topic: do you still save your jedi master points?  (Read 4311 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
do you still save your jedi master points?
« on: July 8, 2004, 12:03 AM »
tonight i was cleaning out a closet that had some star wars stuff in it, and i found a box of figures that i bought - some were extras for army building (saga tie pilots, hof stormies, a few clone 3 packs) and a few were just for customizing. i figured i might as well open them all, since storing some loose figures is easier and a better space saver than storing carded figures. i guess i opened about 40 figures, or around there. and each one that i opened, i couldn't bring myself to throw out the packaging without first ripping off the stupid jedi master points. i know they are worthless and useless, and i still have around 8000 sitting in a shoe box, but i just couldn't throw them out.

anybody else open anything recently and keep the points, or did you just toss 'em?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: do you still save your jedi master points?
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2004, 08:03 AM »
I have a ton still too....I just can't quit cutting them off and storing them in a ziploc baggie.  

At least with the OTC, I can finally quit!!!
Beth

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2004, 02:14 PM »
I have every last one since I started collecting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2004, 02:24 PM »
I still have all of mine, stashed away in a baggie...in a box....in a rubbermaid....in a closet :).  I don't really know why I keep them anymore, I just do.  I have them all clipped, so they don't take up much room, but if it gets down the road a few years and I'm really sure they are worthless, I'll probably just go ahead and ditch them.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I continue to cut them out and save them as well...

I have a ton still too....I just can't quit cutting them off and storing them in a ziploc baggie.  

At least with the OTC, I can finally quit!!!

You'd think so, wouldn't you?  I am sure I will STILL cut out the UPC as a proof-of-purchase though.  I've got a huge baggie of POPs from the PotF2 line, as well as a baggie of my left over POPs from the vintage figures.

For some reason, it comforts me to have all those POPs after I throw out the packages so I am sure I will continue to cut and save even if it's back to regular POPs instead of JMPs.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2004, 05:21 PM »
I've been saving mine...  Can only hope they do a legitimate redemption program with POP's and accept them...  It's not hurting me to hang onto them anyway.

Even if it's not a figure, but a poster or something "cheap", it'd be nice to turn these in for something...  anything...

I still say I'd redeem these and some $$$ for a recolored Imperial Officer figure in light grey jumpsuit instead of black.  I'd toss the $ in to cover a "wholesale" cost of a figure or something...  Just the base cost to make the thing, rather than a retail charge, and turn in so many points.

No real "cost" to Hasbro ultimately, and a nice way to thank the consumers who were/are loyal to the brand.  Nice way to help clear up oold Saga garbage out there too, which plagues every store except Targets in my area.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 9, 2004, 01:54 PM »
I've still got a ton of these lying around.  In mugs, in bags, in tupperware.  I can hardly wait until we get to use them.  think of all the cool things they could do with it, like auctioning stuff on ebay for so many points.  That would rock.  They could make it worldwide too.....

Oh wait, screw it, I'm not from the U.S., I might as well burn them :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 03:56 PM »
All mine, from Episode One onwards, are still attached to the cardbacks.  I have them all in boxes in the attic.    Saga POPs are easy to collect together, but major cutting would be involved in liberating the rest of my points. Due (as above) to the "being outside the US" thing, I doubt I’ll ever have to break out the scissors on the things.

Which brings me to an important question…why the hell have I got 250+ cardbacks taking up valuable space in my attic?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 03:56 PM by Rob L »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)