Author Topic: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?  (Read 25912 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2004, 11:05 AM »
My area is now weird...

-Wal-Mart, Kittaning, PA - Plethora of Barris, Alya Secura, Younglins/Yoda, and Ultra Ewok.

-Wal-Mart Greensburg - 2 HOF Anakin's, 1 Ultra Ewok (That's literally it!)

-Wal-Mart Delmont - OVERFLOWING PEGS full of Barris, Alya, Younglings/Yoda...  There was ONE OTC Spirit Obi.

-Target Greensburg - OTC waves with a sporatic HOF figure.  They had Dagobah Wave.

-K-Marts (at least 3 I've seen) - All of them got VOTC waves in, though Luke is MIA...  Also got those playskool figures in.  They have remnant HOF figures as well as some remnant Saga '02 here and there as well.

-TRU Greensburg - Ironically, they have VOTC to complement a sea of Saga Hoth soldiers.  Not much else...  The regular shelfwarmers though like the last X-Wing, 4-packs, etc...  They also have a full array of OTC ships (X-Wing, TIE, and Vader's TIE).  Not sure how those are gonna move...  I'm considering a Vader's TIE though.

To say things are moving well is an overstatement I believe...  NEW stuff is, like VOTC I think...  Well enouogh at $10 a figure anyway.

OTC figures were just put out when I got there at Target so it's tough to judge those right now but I'm assuming since they're new they'll move.

The old stuff though is sitting stagnant, and unless some clearances hit it isn't going to change.  Only Target has REAL space at all their stores for this stuff.  TRU, and most WM's have pegwarmers that aren't goiong anywhere fast.  KM has pegwarmers, but at least they're forcing new stuff out on the pegs.  Good for them!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2004, 11:25 AM »
To say things are moving well is an overstatement I believe...  NEW stuff is, like VOTC I think...  Well enouogh at $10 a figure anyway.

This was something I was kind of curious about.  The VOTC hasn't shown up around here yet (we don't have any K-Marts in town), and I was wondering how quickly these guys would move.  I don't know if it takes "casual" fans finding out about them, the DVD release, or scalpers, etc....I figured these would fly off the pegs as fast as they could stock them (at least at first).  Granted, the "A New Hope" wave will likely be one of the easier ones to find though...I just don't see figures like Vader, Yoda, Fett, and the Stormie hanging out too long.  Still considering preordering a case including these...  I've had a tough time judging the OTC sales so far as well, granted it is very early in the game.  The two sightings I have had (at two different Wal-Marts) seemed to have their whole respective case on the pegs.  One had the Dagobah wave, as well as recards, at 1x each...with 12 total on the pegs.  The other one had at least 3x each of the Bespin wave, and no others.  Just curious how these would sell, I honestly didn't think I'd be able to find them on the pegs...but so far so good (and thanks to Amazon too, as far as the VOTC is concerned :P)