Author Topic: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?  (Read 25751 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: How's Star Wars Selling in Your Area?
« Reply #60 on: June 1, 2004, 03:53 PM »
On another note, has anyone been seeing a lot of Hoth Han/Snowtrooper/Throne Room Lukes?  For some reason two of the three stores I visited (Target and Wal-Mart) had a large supply of these figures, sprinkled with some Dodonnas as well.  Otherwise, I saw more of the Outlander Club and Dignitaries at TRU.

Yep.  I've seen a lot of these lately.  Apparently Target got a lot of the same case that NewForce had up for pre-order and recently shipped out (last week or so).

84715R
3x Saga Snowtrooper
3x Saga Hoth Han (Brown Coat)
3x Saga Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
3x Saga Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel)

Woo-pee!   ::)

Another classic desicion along with the case that had 3x Barriss, 3x Aayla, 3x Yoda/Chian, 3x Ashla/Jempa.  Apparently, Hasbro thought it appropriate to pump out more of these peg-warmers...  3x each 4 old peg-warmers?  Huh?!?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: June 1, 2004, 03:53 PM »
On another note, has anyone been seeing a lot of Hoth Han/Snowtrooper/Throne Room Lukes?

That particular wave (including the Secret Ceremony Anakin too) has been unloaded all over the Los Angeles area, at all of the "big 3" stores.  Sucks.   >:(

Good luck with the new and improved toy hunting route Brian!  Hope your move went well and you enjoy the new "big city" life...   8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 1, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Glad to see its not just me seeing this wave all over the place.  Thanks for the kind words Matt.  The moving weekend was long and tiring, but that's all past us now.  I guess its "big city" to us :D, but probably not to most of the rest of you.  I think our population here is between 225,000 and 230,000...so nothing what many of you are used to.  Much bigger to us though...but a welcome change because now instead of being 45 minutes from Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU...now we're 5 minutes from them :).  Should be able to make some more frequent toy runs now, although with what is out there, I'm not sure if it is worth it :P.  Thanks again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: June 1, 2004, 04:35 PM »
I've been seeing the Darth Vader/Luke/Mace Saga Wave at the local TRU, they've stocked it at least twice so it actually seems to be selling for some reason.  I keep wondering where these came from

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 1, 2004, 05:03 PM »
Selling pretty well actually, good news for Episode III I suppose.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: June 4, 2004, 11:32 PM »
In my area the SW figures are selling well. I don't see people buy the figures but when I go back to stores like Target a few days later, the pegs are usually clean and have only a few figures. The animated figures aren't selling that well but the Saga is selling like crazy!
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #66 on: June 8, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Wal-Mart blew a case or two of that Luke/Han/Anakin/Snowtrooper out last week, and restocked with three more of the same.

So, I ask, where the **** are the Endor Generals? No one I can find online has them, and with Hasbro's BS case ASSortments, I'm not buying a case.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2004, 08:30 AM »
Still younglings, Offee, and Aayla in my area of Florida!

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2004, 06:22 PM »
C3PO HOF
Tanus
Dengar
Bossk
Ozzel

And Ewok Glider only $6.98!!!!! at Target

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2004, 08:29 AM »
Checked out a few stores this weekend again (Target, TRU, Wal-Mart).  The Target had the Leia Cup set, which I picked up (still no sign of Luke/Anakin though).  As far as figures, Target had a few leftovers from the Jabba's Palace and Yavin waves, as well as the TRD Luke/Hoth Han/Snowtrooper/SC Anakin assortment.  Wal-Mart is currently carrying only that assortment (Luke/Han/Snow/Ani).  TRU still has a lot of Dignitaries and Outlander Club waves hanging on the pegs, as well as Ultra Jabbas.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2004, 12:04 PM »
It seems like Star Wars stuff has kind of hit a stand-still around here right now.  Wal-Mart has a glut of Throne Room Luke, Hoth Han, Snowtrooper and SC Anakin....TRU has Dignitaries, Outlander Club, and POTJ Bespin Guards....and Target has a good amount of the Yavin wave (minus TIE Pilots).  Still no sign of the Luke/Anakin cup sets, I did see the Leia ones a week or two ago though.  I hope the gluts get cleared out in time for the OTC, I don't want to miss out on the Dagobah (and Bespin) waves.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Not too well, pegs chock full of most of the 2004 figures.  Glad I have cases on order :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 6, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Checked out TRU this past weekend (picked up the OTC Darth Vader TIE, they also had the X-Wing/TIE).  They have re-stocked the pegs full with Geonosian Warriors, Dexters, etc.  Why?  Not a good sign as far as finding new (OTC) stuff there in the next couple of months I'm guessing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Finally a few newer Saga sightings around here this weekend.  While picking up a few OTC figures at Wal-Mart, I saw they had also stocked with some of the SD wave (Bossk and Dengar), as well as more Yavin wave (which seems to be hanging out all around town, except for TIE Pilots).  Nice to see something new, although Jeff hooked me up with Bossk/Dengar well over a month ago already.  On to the OTC now!  Still haven't found a J'Quille or General Lando on the pegs, but I guess at least the Lando is supposed to be coming in OTC flava as well.

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Let's see if you need 2002 Saga figures my local TRU is the place to go.  Luke/Vader Throne Room rehashes would be killing the pegs at Walmart and Target.  You can also find HOF, and Barriss Offee rehashes at Wlamrt also.  I've seen the Endor wave twice at TRU, since then which has been about a month there has been nothing new at any of the local stores with the exception of the OTC Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Vader Yie Fighter.....VERY SAD!!!!