Author Topic: Clonetroopers!  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Clonetroopers!
« on: January 26, 2004, 08:59 PM »

Love the look, that eye piece is funkadelic!  Notice the mouth is identical to the Stormtrooper

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Clonetroopers!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 09:22 PM »
I wonder if the visor dealy is just an item the clones add on (like electrobincolars) or if its part of the standard helmet. If its part of the standard helmet, and all the clones will look like this, I think its a bit much...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 09:52 PM »
It looks cool, but deep down, I wish they had just kept the AOTC design for clonetroopers, because now we're going to have to build a whole new clone army for our EIII dioramas.

:-X
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Yup, but that is how Hasbro makes their money remember, but i like the new Clones, but i really dont agree with the eye piece at all, it kinda disgusts me a lil! ???
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 12:56 AM »
I kinda agree with Dressel...  Neat, nifty, wow it's different...  Still, I'd just as soon seen them keep the original Clone Armor...  Don't go for this pseudo-clonestormie look.  Just dumb to me...

The Clone Wars aren't even THAT long a war, when you think about it...  What is it, a matter of like 3 years or something?

Kinda weird to have drastic evolution of the overall look of the Republic's military uniform.

Anyway, the debate at Rebelscum seems to still be raging on now...  The one camp claiming Stormtroopers are all Clones, and the other camp claiming there's no proof of that, just some implied visual similarities...  

As things progress, I more and more think we'll never be told outright that Clones = Stormtroopers and Stormtroopers = Clones.  I'd prefer they didn't too...  I like my Stormtroopers to be vehement defenders of the Empire.  Clones cheapen them.  :)  We'll see come E3 if there's somehow a weird way they actually make it known that Stormies are Clones throughout all 6 films.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 01:20 AM »
I wonder if the visor dealy is just an item the clones add on (like electrobincolars) or if its part of the standard helmet. If its part of the standard helmet, and all the clones will look like this, I think its a bit much...

That's exactly what I was thinking Adam.

I like the idea of merging the designs of the Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper for Ep. III to bring the two Trilogys together, but that visor/binocular/viewfinder thingee, if dedicated, is pretty lame and a bit overdone as far as the design goes IMO.

OK, after looking at the picture again, it looks like the visor will be MOVABLE.  Check out the little groove/notch cut into the inside of the viewfinder thing.  It makes it look like it can flip up over the helmet, with the groove gliding over the long ridge across the center of the helmet.

The question is, where will it usually be?  And what will it look like in the "up" position?  Still dumb I think.  Wonder if it goes all the way back around to the neck or something...  But it's definitely going to be movable.   8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 01:26 AM »
Imagine the first glimpse we get of these guys is when he does flip up that visor to reveal...

People are going to go nuts...I think this actually a cool way to do it

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 03:43 AM »
You think they'd have given us a pic that didn't have that silly visor right freaking there, but like OCB said, they're probably setting up that payoff.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 10:32 AM »
Imagine the first glimpse we get of these guys is when he does flip up that visor to reveal...

People are going to go nuts...I think this actually a cool way to do it

I doubt the eyes are going to be Stormie eyes.

I really do, I think they will be clone eyes. Makes sense since its got that leading line like in the clone armor from the visor to the mouth!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 10:43 AM »
OK, after looking at the picture again, it looks like the visor will be MOVABLE.  Check out the little groove/notch cut into the inside of the viewfinder thing.  It makes it look like it can flip up over the helmet, with the groove gliding over the long ridge across the center of the helmet.

I noticed that too Matt.  It is exciting to see more and more pics of Episode III, and I really like the fact that they're showing a "hybrid" of sorts of the Storm and Clone troopers.  I do kind of hope that visor will be movable, and I could definitely see them doing something like Scott mentioned...with the "reveal" of the face that looks like a Stormtrooper....that would be pretty cool.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 12:53 PM »
I think this will look really cool. And I won't mind army building with these either. My Imperial display doesn't have just one kind of trooper, there's stormies, scouties, and snowies. There's no reason why I wouldn't want some variety in the Republic display also.

As far as the Stormies=clones thing is concerned, there was a show that aired before AOTC, where Lucas was talking about the movie. One of the things he said was that he had to think of a way to explain where the stormtroopers came from, so he decided to make the Clone army. It may have been on E, but I can't remember. My friend has it on tape, so I'll take a look and see if I can determine the exact program. However, it was Lucas who said it.

My take on the whole debate is that the Clones were not only valuable because it gave the Republic an army, but because the Cloning technology allowed the Empire to expand its forces exponentially.

Think about it...if a genetic sample was taken of every recruit, then you could make thousands of copies of each trooper. Rather than one genetic source (Jango), you'd have hundreds of thousands. With a combination of cloning and recruiting, you would be able to create a vast military force.  
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 10:57 PM »
According to steve sansweets hyperspace chat today the visor thingee is just an acessory,thank god.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Yeah that is great news, I wonder now if they'll have T-shaped visor or eyes like Stormies...I'm guessing eyes

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 05:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure its stormie eyes. :)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 09:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure its stormie eyes. :)

Right.  And this contradicts the "new clone" images in that video game that the new screenshots came out for.

My vote goes to stormie eyes as well.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda