Author Topic: Ever get in a fight?  (Read 11107 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ever get in a fight?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2003, 12:09 PM »
I had a eerily simlar biking accident to the groin.  While going over a jump my handlebars twisted and I flipped and landed square on one of the grips.  The grip had come off and exposed metal was all that was there and it landed square in my groinular region.  Not sure if I hit the jewels or not but my mom was pretty worried cause I remember going to the doctor...I think all I got was a huge bruise
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 12:11 PM by OCB »

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2003, 10:01 PM »

OUCH!!!   :o  What'd you have to go and do that for Carrie?!?  Geez...   ::)  Perhaps you (and Scott) weren't aware of this, but I already have FOUR scars on my head from busting it open on numerous occasions!

So... Mud you say, huh?  OK, I can do that.  Brings to mind John Candy in Stripes!  Oh...wait a minute.  With Scott?  Ugh.  Well, I guess if it's your wish and for your viewing pleasure Carrie, then I'm game.  I've got a nice leapord print thong that I haven't sported since last summer that's just rarin' to get back into action!  No sweaters either Scott.   >:(  No problem with the head shaving as well - wore it close to that for a couple years in high school (way back when)...  Just name the time and place M'Lady, and J'MAC will be ready to throw down!   8)

Oh, I'm sorry dear Matt. I didn't realize you were so sensitive to...uh-  being whacked in the mush with a telephone reciever. I take it back. And yeah, I can do that.  :)

You can leave the leopard print thong at home, because I have "Elephant" g-strings for both of you. I appreciate you both being so receptive to my whims, that will definitely get you far in life. Or at least you'll remain in my favor,  and there's a lot to be said for that.  8)

We will need a ring announcer and referee. Any volunteers? I would like to nominate Adam (BigDumbWookiee) as referee, if he would be interested.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2003, 05:55 PM »
Dear god how did I miss this thread...

So Carrie, what your saying is, you want me to get in a ring with two gstring clad mud mavens, and watch them slip and slide all over one another until one manages to pin the other; then I am supposed to do the count?

Tell ya what C; if you supply me with about 9 pints of Guiness (off tap, not that bottled or canned crap), and a half pint of Crown Royal, and I might just be sloshed enough to consider it ;) Of course, as my drunkeness goes up, my usefulness as a referee will probably go down. I think I could handle the announcing though! :)

So when does the female version of this little escapade happen?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2003, 08:39 PM »
I had type alonged post about the three times that I have been in a fight but wasn't logged in and unfourtanetly lost it. >:(  So here is the short verison.

I have been in three fights all in middle school.   The first was when a kid was bugging me in PE class and I pinned him up against the gym and fought him.  The second was when me and my best friend fought over some stuipid stuff and stuipid words were said by me about his brother who was serving in the Gulf (1990) and we fought.  That day was when the bombing started and I felt awful.  The next day I apoligies to him.  The third wasn't really a fight but more of a somo (sp?) match were I was trying to knocked down the guy in my first fight to the ground and fight him on the ground.

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2003, 10:09 PM »
So when does the female version of this little escapade happen?

Well, if you can do a couple of things for me, I'd consider participating.

1) Make time speed up and slow down according to my whims
2) Build me a teleportation device, that is especially effective between the Midwest and the East coast. And also between the Midwest and Europe.
3) Go to work in my place on the day I have to tell my beloved boss that I'm leaving her. Break it to her gently, and then prepare to have your ass kicked by a large German woman.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2003, 12:11 AM »
I was planning on staying away fom this thread, but for the sake of diversity I thought I put my two cents in.

Growing up outside of Los Angeles has been interesting, for the most point an average kid baseball etc.  Struck out 19 in one game in seven innings, and averaged 2+ strikeouts an inning for a whole year, one of the few things I regret not following through on.

Then I moved to a new school, kids were bussed in from the inner city's at the time.  I met my best friend at the time, who grew up in a neighborhood in South Central were one color was superior... you guess.  Spent a lot of time down there with him and  to make a long story short, I got in heaps of trouble.  Several fights, arrests, etc...you guess how deep the rabbit hole goes, I don't want to incriminate myself too much.

The most memorable fight for me was when I was at party dancing with someone, and my friends went to run an errand.  Low and behold the enemy came, "the night before a scufful broke out in which we defaced their car "a mustang" by sticking screwdrivers through the doors of their car's while craking them over the head....etc.

I didn't even see it comming, I got cracked over the head and lost my ***
Someone almost **** me with my own ***.   That would have been a way to go out.  I believe I had to visit the hospital that night, I can't quite remember though.  I guess what my dad shared with me is true, "you don't remember things you do not want to, like which horses lost at the track only the winners."

12 years later after I am a family man with two boy's - the oldest will be turning 11 in two months, and I started collecting Star Wars again after taking them to see AOTC.

I thought I'd share this to show that there is quite a diversity in people who frequent JD.

FISH-

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 3, 2010, 12:01 AM »
I think nobody feels confident before a fight is he or she isn´t prepared for it. I mean is convinient to know self defense, be trained in a martial art (karate, kung fu, jiujitsu, muay thai, krav maga)

If you learn martial arts you are not a bully, only you are trying to prserve your well-being and of course adapting to another culture, way of perceiving life, etc.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: March 3, 2010, 12:07 AM »

Me and my buddy patched things up and he never really picked on me again, we are still pretty good friends he is a Doctor in Chicago...perhaps I should sue him for emotional damage :P

Funny you bump this...I just talked to my buddy yesterday for the first time in about 6 years.  I told him he owes me money for plastic surgery to correct my lip scar.  He said I better watch it or he'll give me a matching one on the other side.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #38 on: March 3, 2010, 01:25 AM »
Last fight i was in was with my brother in law, in the middle of the street in front of his house. it lasted about five minutes of me blocking and him getting hit. I didn't want to fight him and still don't know why he came at me and asked " If I hit you will you hit me back". I was walking out of a friends house and on the sidewalk. It was around 9 PM and i had just taken a shower and had to run  to my friends house to pick something up. When he started to swing it was almost in slow motion and I tagged him on the jaw. he ended up in the middle of the street and we went from there.He thought because he's about 20 pounds heavier he could hurt me. Hes about 5'10" 210 pounds.I used to fight about ones a month at school or the neighborhood. That was about 5 years ago, everytime he sees me he movies out of the way.My family is close We all live in one small dead end street, we are 6 kids and my parent. always together on weekends. 16 nieces and nephews. I have offed one other bro in law to kick the sh*( out of him whenever he wants and he better stay away from me.He has not taken me up on the offer.
He's no good to me open

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 3, 2010, 07:09 AM »
I used to fight all the time growing up.  I always had a real short fuse and didn't take too well to people picking on me.  i still don't but I've learned my mouth is just as effective a tool as my fists/hands/elbows/knees are.  I haven't gotten in a fight in years and believe to this day a bigger person is the one who can talk their way out of one.  I take that back...as a teacher I get into fights from time to time, but it's more a case of breaking them up than being an active participant.  That said, I have no problem getting into one. We are told to stay out of kids fighting, but I'll wade right through a pack to get in.  Kids at my school know I've got no problem getting into their business and usually refrain from starting anything around me.  However,  few years ago at a different school, we had a series of fights all day that damn near lead to a riot after school.  I broke up one fight and as I got a kid to their feet and was walking them away, they turned and hit me.  That got their ass planted on the ground real fast.

I used to fight with my stepbrother all the time.  He's a royal ******* and at 35 he still needs to get the **** kicked out of him.  He was an only child while I had 3 younger brothers.  He'd come over to my mom's/stepdads when I was in town (I grew up with my dad) and just start ****.  Not to mention he was about six inches shorter than me.  I'd listen to him bump his gums for a while before putting an asswhooping on.  Add to that a bunch of fights in elementary, middle, and a few more in high school and I had a decent record.  However, I never fought just for the sake of it, there was always a legitimate reason.  Once in college I got drug out of a bar by some friends because I was in for he beating of a lifetime.  I was so freaking smashed I could barely walk, was running my mouth to some jerkoff that said something to me, and he had a couple of friends with him.

I did law enforcement when I was in the military, so any "fights" I got into there were simply doing the job.  
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 07:13 AM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 3, 2010, 07:58 AM »
I broke up one fight and as I got a kid to their feet and was walking them away, they turned and hit me.  That got their ass planted on the ground real fast.

You shoved a student to the ground for hitting you?  Yikes. 

We had a teacher in high school named Mr. Klasna (I/A, Phy Ed).  I really respected him because he cared about the kids and didn't take crap.  One day in the lunchroom he saw this boy clock a girl with his lunch tray...it was like watching a scene from the Incredible Hulk.  He picked the kid up and held him against the wall by his throat while yelling at him.  And was promptly fired that week.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 3, 2010, 09:03 AM »
I broke up one fight and as I got a kid to their feet and was walking them away, they turned and hit me.  That got their ass planted on the ground real fast.

You shoved a student to the ground for hitting you?  Yikes. 

We had a teacher in high school named Mr. Klasna (I/A, Phy Ed).  I really respected him because he cared about the kids and didn't take crap.  One day in the lunchroom he saw this boy clock a girl with his lunch tray...it was like watching a scene from the Incredible Hulk.  He picked the kid up and held him against the wall by his throat while yelling at him.  And was promptly fired that week.   :-\

No, didn't shove the kid.  I used one of the little holds I was taught through a district offered course for putting a kiddo on the ground.  I'd never go offensive in a confrontation with a kid. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 3, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Got in one fight in High School, over a girl.  Stupid reason to fight and looking back on it, it should have never happened in the first place.  We each took our licks and I'm sure there are still different opinions on who 'won' or didn't.  He hit me in the back of the head with a blunt object to start things off and I sent him to the hospital spitting up blood after it was over.  I still have the scar on my lip to remind me about it.  It will be a good visual aid when I teach my kids about what can happen when you get into fights...

I haven't gotten in a fight in years and believe to this day a bigger person is the one who can talk their way out of one.

Well said...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #43 on: March 3, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Most of my fights in JR/high school were with rich white kids telling me to go back to Mexico.
He's no good to me open

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 01:53 AM »
I fought a lot in high school agaist the bullies I think it was natural cause they were very agressive and counted with the support of some teachers

With martial arts I solved that problem, gained confidence. Then as an adult I fought less times, but I consider man is always at risk of getting into a fight, no matter age, social condition, place.

When the incident arrives better to calm down and don´t forget to avoid demands that the response must be in proportion to the agression.