Author Topic: Variants.  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re:Variants.
« Reply #15 on: February 7, 2003, 02:09 AM »
To tell you the truth, I was so bent on finding out the error text, that I tried to peel a sticker off the back, and it wasn't coming off without card attached to it, so I gave it up. As far as I'm concerned, you'd have to be an adhesive removal expert to pull that trick off. There are stickers that are made to peel off and they have arrows on the corners to guide you. The ones they want to stay on are usually there for good. Just my 2 cents...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: February 7, 2003, 10:39 AM »
Some Goof Off or Gum Out or Rubbing Alcohol would probably be enough to remove the adhesive

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 7, 2003, 01:55 PM »
Well then I have an error variant on my hands!!! NOT!

I'd never create a variant just to own one. The thing of it is that you are the lucky one that finds it first. Anyway, thanks for the tip, but no thanks. My interest and intent was purely to know what the error text said and nothing more...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: RFT head variants
« Reply #18 on: February 7, 2003, 02:24 PM »
Here's all three of the Rebel Fleet Trooper head variants, courtesy of our former esteemed colleague David:

Still wish Hasbro had made one of the head variants of that grey/silver haired RFT from the opening scene of ANH, since he was showcased a little more than all of the others.  Oh well...

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2003, 12:16 AM »
A recent discovery has been made on a couple Ephant Mon variations. I own Ephant Mon figures with both of these variations and will post images asap. They are as follows:

1. Face color variation
a. Face color with more light gray.
b. Face color with more dark gray.

2. Hood sculpt variaition (not related to the face color).
a. The hood is against his cheek area and the bottom continues straight down.
b. Hood flows slightly away from cheek area and curves under chin.

This would make 2 sculpts of the figure because his cape is scupted as a part of him and does not move or come off. No telling which is more common, but I'll keep people posted and add more specific info soon!

Also still curious if anyone has discovered which of the head sculpts on either the Imperial Officer or Rebel Trooper is the more common one. I have not been able to find out for sure. And the existence of a POTJ sculpt is still unanswered. If anyone can confirm or deny a POTJ sculpted head from either of these figures on an AOTC/Saga card, it would be a nice thing to know.

Finally, I am curious if anyone has any idea which of the Jango Fett Final Battle variants is the more common one. The one with the fire ball effect going up or down?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 01:14 AM by Thomas Grey »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2003, 02:32 PM »
Well I just got my Imperial Officer today. I talked to Ron over at Hollywood Showcase about the variants & he had know idea. He pulled out another case & low & behold, there was another head sculpt. I just scanned them.

Both are on US cards.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: IO Variants
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2003, 03:08 PM »
Yep, that's them alright Dale!  Excellent picture.  They're definitely distinctly different noggins.  From the sounds of it the lighter haired officer with the larger jaw (on the left) is the toughest of the recent waves to find.  He's the only one I'm still missing...

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2003, 07:07 PM »
Well I just got my Imperial Officer today. I talked to Ron over at Hollywood Showcase about the variants & he had know idea. He pulled out another case & low & behold, there was another head sculpt. I just scanned them.

Both are on US cards.

DSJ, did he pull a second case of the exact same assortment , or was the 2nd variant from a later case?

I ask because I've had both of the last two Collection 2 cases, and the breakdown was:

Case 2 (Padme Droid Factory Wave)
RFT - Red Hair Variant
IO - Smaller Head Variant

Case 2 (Ayla Secura Wave)
RFT - Black Hair Variant
IO - Square Jaw Variant

Which made me think that they were dividing up the variants between waves and would be (slightly) easier to track. I'm curious if this is NOT the case...

-J

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 1, 2003, 07:11 AM »
SilverZed3,
I am unsure of the assortment. He put aside some figures for me. The one he put aside was the Blonde version. When I mentioned that there were variations, he took a case that was opened & pulled 3 Imperials from the case. One was Blonde & the other 2 were the slimmer head version.
I did see that there was a Rebel Fleet Trooper in there but I really did not look all that close for other figures.
The Rebel Trooper that I got is the Saga #1 that JediMAC pictured just a few posts up.
I think he put's some figures on the shelf & stores the remainders in the boxes they came in so they maybe mixed from the original shipment.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 2, 2003, 11:36 AM »

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: March 4, 2003, 04:26 PM »
Thanks DSJ! Too bad the seller isn't more specific about the dates and he has some sentence structure challenges.

Does this mean that there is a POTJ sculpt for the AOTC release? I'll believe there are three heads when I see them together on cards.

I also still am not sure from anyones posts which of the non-potj sculpts is the more rare. At 1 per case, it looks like we have one of each and no more or less so far. Anyone have any clue yet?