Author Topic: Original Trilogy Collection  (Read 27200 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Original Trilogy Collection
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2004, 09:37 AM »
Wow, I agree, that Han Bespin with Carbonite is awesome.  I saved that pic to my computer just because I thought it looked so cool :P.  I never understood why they didn't re-release that Han anyways (instead of the Commtech version)...the POTJ Bespin Capture one is one of my favorite figures of all time.  Anyways, I agree with Matt, I wish they would have started this cardback at least at the beginning of 2004, with the Hoth and Tatooine waves.  The samples shown over at GH look amazing, and I think the coolness of the cardbacks alone will tempt me to pick up the repacks they release that I already have.  The backdrop just looks so cool behind them.  I think we will end up seeing something else new yet this year too, because I have a hard time believing that the Bespin wave (hits late summer at least doesn't it?) would be the last "new" wave we'd see this year.  I saw now this morning over at Yakface that the Private Universe is reporting that we will see Episode III preview figures around the time of the DVD release.  Wonder if its true...  Anyways, this OTC packaging is superb though....and nice work on these Tydirium :).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2004, 07:35 PM »
**POOF!**
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 03:49 AM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2004, 08:33 PM »
Thanks guys for the compliments on those, glad you liked them. (And I should probably credit RS and GH for the loose shots I pilfered).  I did the 1st mock-up and got all excited at the prospects of how cool the recarded figures could actually be. I can't believe I just said that! Bring on the recards!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 08:35 PM by Tydirium »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2004, 09:06 PM »
wow, those look awesome!! maybe we should pull one of that other site's tricks and put them on the front page saying "click here for more" and then tell people it's just a scam after they get all excited  ::)

but they do look great... now make all the rest  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: April 2, 2004, 09:14 AM »
EE has new Case ASsortments with...some new repacks ::)

Wave 9
1x Princess  Leia (NEW), 2x Biker Scout (NEW),  1x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 1x Yoda  - Dagobah, 1x Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x  Luke Skywalker - X-Wing Pilot, 1x Luke Skywalker  - Jedi, 1x Han Solo,  1x Chewbacca, 1x Darth Vader

Wave 10
2x Greedo  (NEW), 1x R2-D2 (NEW), 2x TIE Fighter Pilot (NEW), 2x Luke Skywalker -  Bespin Outfit (NEW), 1x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 1x Luke Skywalker-Jedi, 1x Yoda - Dagobah, 1x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x Wicket

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 2, 2004, 09:23 AM »
I was afraid these next waves would be mostly repacks.  Not too bad on wave 10.  I guess I'll have to wait and see how they hit around here before I place any more pre-orders.  

Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: April 2, 2004, 09:44 AM »
EE has new Case ASsortments with...some new repacks ::)

Wave 9
1x Princess  Leia (NEW), 2x Biker Scout (NEW),  1x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 1x Yoda  - Dagobah, 1x Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x  Luke Skywalker - X-Wing Pilot, 1x Luke Skywalker  - Jedi, 1x Han Solo,  1x Chewbacca, 1x Darth Vader

Wave 10
2x Greedo  (NEW), 1x R2-D2 (NEW), 2x TIE Fighter Pilot (NEW), 2x Luke Skywalker -  Bespin Outfit (NEW), 1x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 1x Luke Skywalker-Jedi, 1x Yoda - Dagobah, 1x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x Wicket

So, let's see.  Greedo wasn't listed yet, or was Bespin Luke.  So, we're up to 24 OTC figures then?  The previous 21 plus Greedo, Luke, and Scanning Trooper.  That's 7 new figures, 17 re-packs for those keep ing track at home.

Hmmm... wait.  I don't see Scanning Trooper in either of those waves.  That must mean that there is at least one more of these re-pack waves to come...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 2, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Good call Nataku, I wonder how many repack figures we'll end up having in the OTC when all is said and done.  Everything that has been said, printed, etc., has pointed to the Dagobah and Bespin waves being the only new ones in the line.  Maybe there will be a couple of year end surprises yet though.  I sure am glad they came up with the VOTC, because those figures have all looked great so far.  Hopfully they won't be as limited as they think, because they are definitely the highlight of the year....and one of the few "new" things we'll be getting the second part of this year.

I'm still not sure what to think of all the repacks.  I'd rather have new figures, but I will say I like the packaging of the OTC and it might even persuade me to pick up a few figures I already have...and I'm not even a carded collector.  Some of their choices for repacks don't look too bad, but if they are going to do it anyways there are some other ones they could add.  I'd like to see the POTJ Bespin Capture Han get re-released as wel, that was always one of my favorite figures.  Of course, I'm not condoning the re-releases either, I'd rather have new stuff too :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: April 2, 2004, 10:14 AM »
OK, so I made a list of the waves so far (4 waves/case assortments announced).  Here's the blend of figures so far:

4x OTC-01 Luke Skywalker (The Empire Strikes Back) [DAGOBAH]
4x OTC-02 Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Empire Strikes Back)
4x OTC-04 R2-D2 (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-05 Luke Skywalker (A New Hope)
3x OTC-06 Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi)
2x OTC-07 Han Solo (A New Hope)
2x OTC-08 Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
1x OTC-09 Princess Leia (A New Hope)
2x OTC-10 Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
2x OTC-11 Biker Scout (Return of the Jedi)
2x OTC-12 R2-D2 (A New Hope)
1x OTC-13 C-3PO (A New Hope)
1x OTC-14 Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi)
1x OTC-15 Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope)
1x OTC-16 Stormtrooper (A New Hope)
2x OTC-17 Wicket (Return of the Jedi)
2x OTC-18 Princess Leia (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-19 Cloud Car Pilot (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-20 Lobot (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-21 TIE Fighter Pilot (A New Hope)
2x OTC-xx Greedo (A New Hope)
2x OTC-xx Luke Skywalker (The Empire Strikes Back) [BESPIN]

The emphasis so far is on the Dagobah wave and the core characters.  I think that if the next wave contains more Bespin figures, we'd do pretty well at keeping enough "NEW" figures shipping and keeping the potential pegwarmers to a minimum.

In fact, I'm so bold as to predict the NEXT wave...

THIS IS ALL SPECULATION

OTC Wave 5 (2004 wave 11):
2x OTC-18 Princess Leia (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-19 Cloud Car Pilot (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-20 Lobot (The Empire Strikes Back)
2x OTC-16 Stormtrooper (A New Hope)
1x OTC-13 C-3PO (A New Hope)
1x OTC-xx Imperial Scanning Trooper (A New Hope)
1x OTC-10 Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
1x OTC-xx Han Solo (The Empire Strikes Back) [BESPIN]

Now, that'd be a nice assortment.  It puts more Bespin figures out there, along with more Stormies and the Scanning Trooper.  Plus it gets a few new OTC re-packs out there...

Then again, what do I know about packing cases?

Jeff

« Last Edit: April 2, 2004, 10:15 AM by Nataku »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 2, 2004, 10:31 AM »

Then again, what do I know about packing cases?

Jeff

Obviously more than Hasbro.  ;)
Now if they only followed your suggestion, this would certainly help the peg-warming situation we all know is coming.
Beth

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 2, 2004, 11:04 AM »
Love that list!

But I was a little confused on which waves were which?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: April 2, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Love that list!

But I was a little confused on which waves were which?

It is all of the first 4 waves smushed together... in other words, my compiled list doesn't state which figures are in which wave, which is why you are confused.

EE has a good list of the individual wave assortments...

Jeff

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 2, 2004, 11:28 AM »
Oh Okay!

I'll check that.  Thanks for the list though! ;)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 3, 2004, 03:32 AM »
I guess Greedo can finally face off against some of those HOF/OTC Han's :P

I really like the OTC cards; and I can't wait to see them one the pegs. I thought about those mock-ups as soon as I read that list

I've been kind of hoping to see a "Bespin Capture" Han, with all of the other Bespin figures on the way. Would anybody else want to see a 'pre-battle' Bespin Luke (fixed hand/new head)? variant Bespin Guard?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2004, 03:37 AM by Bespin_refugee »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: April 3, 2004, 03:06 PM »
I thought that about Luke yesterday B_R...it would be pretty easy to make a prebattle Luke, in fact I was thinking of trying a head swap just the other day with one of my extra Post battle Lukes.