Author Topic: Original Trilogy Collection  (Read 27205 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Original Trilogy Collection
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Matt=Gregg?!Replying to ones self!tisk

Maybe that thrown room playset could come this year,eh?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 06:36 PM by EN.IGIGI Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2004, 08:18 PM »
Well, it seems like this year is already focused almost entirely on the OT, so this news isn't really that much of a surprise to be honest.  To me it just sounds like we're getting a different packaging design is all, which is perfectly cool with me.  Some redone OT ships would certainly be welcomed, but like most, I'd prefer some new sculpts for my money.

I just hope they stick with the OT focus right up to the release of Episode 3.   8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2004, 12:24 AM »
Oh man, the news from Hasbro just keeps getting better.

Can't wait to see pics of this stuff. Still have to wait two weeks, I guess.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2004, 01:14 PM »
Aha!I get it!

Endor wave comes out in July and is the last saga wave.

Then in August/September we get the new line to coincide with the DVDs.

In April of 2005 the Original Trilogy line ends for Episode III.

So the way I see it is:
Now-July=Saga
August-April '05=Original Trilogy Collection
April 05-?=Episode III line.

Sadly it seems this year and next year ARE the last big hurah for Star Wars...

That sounds as good as anything I've heard yet. My only objection to what you have there is with the "April 05'-?= Episode III Line". I think at that point the line will converge once again to encompasse the entire trilogy cast of characters. Think back to the AOTC debut on the, then new, Saga "Twirl" Blue Cards. The first month (April) saw only AOTC figures, nothing else. However, the second month (May) saw the introduction of non-AOTC figures in the form of Bespin Duel Luke, Bespin Duel Vader, Qui-Gon Jinn and the first version of the Endor Rebel Soldier.  After that, the OT and E1 figures began to balance out a bit more with the AOTC figures. I've no reason (yet) to doubt Hasbro will disturb this well-working method for E3.

As for this being "the last big hurrah for Star Wars", I would have to disagree. Once the films are all done and there are no more movie tie-in options for them and the kids are but a memory, we'll still be here. I'm sure Hasbro will go to great lengths to keep the collector base it's established throughout the years. I also honestly believe that, to quote a tired old cliché'; the best is yet to come.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2004, 01:44 PM »
Matt=Gregg?!Replying to ones self!tisk

:o  Ouch!  You tryin' to get on my $h!tlist or something, Andrew?!?   ;)  But yeah, I had some further thoughts on the vehicles there, and for whatever reason (mostly my prior post was already pretty long), I decided to just make another new post shortly after it, unlike when I usually just make an edit and add onto the original.  Damn, now you're making me all self-conscious, dammit!   >:(   :-[

:::crawls off and curls up in the corner in shame:::

So the way I see it is:
Now-July=Saga
August-April '05=Original Trilogy Collection
April 05-?=Episode III line.

I'd say that's probably partly accurate, but is still potentially missing some pieces.  First, that "Vintage Collection" of 12 figures will supposedly be rolling out at some point later this year.  Also, I don't think the first two Prequels are going to be completely ignored from the point that the OTC debuts up 'til Ep. 3.  There's still a number of Prequel figures that are highly rumored to be coming out in the near future, so I'd say there's got to be some other line concurrently running with the OTC to support said figures.  Just a question of whether they call it the PTC, or just leave it as Saga, or what...  But I'd be pretty surprised if Hasbro just completely shunned the Prequels for about 8 or 9 straight months.  It's certainly possible, but I don't think too likely...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Yeah I think Matt's right, I think Saga will continue, OTC will debut alongside and will run throughout Episode III's run...sort of like Collection 1 and Collection 2, perhaps there might even be a Collection 3 like back in the day

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2004, 04:06 PM »
For the vehicle issue...

I'm not sure what to make of what's listed.  I half expect the TIE Fighter and X-Wing to be the Vader TIE and Red Leader ships...  And a Falcon will just be something we've yet to see.  I could be wrong of course, but ALL those ships in a single year?  Seems fishy to me is all.

I'd take LOTS of things resculpted though...

-To-scale AT-ST...  This easily tops my list, and if they ever did this I'd be in line to buy a half dozen of them.  No walking feature, just poseable legs.  Cockpit built for two (or two ewoks and a wookie)...  Could be a very nice item, though one I'm not personally expecting.  Oh, and opening window armor would be kinda neat too.

-To-Scale Snowspeeder...  I'd LOVE to see this one done to the proper size for the action figures.  Include a Generic Dak (with removable helmet) type of pilot this time, and I'd dig it even more, but even without figures this is easily my 2nd most requested item.

-To-Scale Speederbike w/super articulated scout...  I'd take this in a heartbeat, and I think others would as well.  I'd be lining up to buy this one too, and in droves.  If for no other reason than simply to get an army of nice SA scouts.

-To-Scale TIE Fighter...  They're close...  Just need to fix the panels at this stage since they have the proper cockpit mold now.  Again I'd buy this one in multiples.

-To-Scale Tatooine Skiff...  Lower on my list, but the original is a bit undersized so I'd take a newly detailed and sized one.  With the new Skiff Lando, I can just imagine him hanging off of a new skiff.

Beyond that, I'm not sure of anything that I'd consider "reasonable" to expect from Hasbro at this point...  I mean, I want the age-old "Modular Millenium Falcon" done to have a full scale Falcon but I just don't see them ever bothering with it...  I want a full scale Sail Barge (Not as big as people think), but just can't imagine it being done.  Lots of play value with a vehicle like that, and it's really more a playset than a ship, but I'd love one either way...  

The ships I listed are the only things I'm expecting them to ever retool really.  Possibly a Y-Wing...  I'd like that if it were to-scale too, but the Y-Wing seems to be an area Hasbro doesn't wanna get too close to.  

It'd be nice to see all the fighters redone personally, and done larger, but I can just imagine the uproar everyone would have who bought the X-Wings they've put out already.  I'm just tired of my A-Wings almost being as big as all the other ships.  :P

Anyway, I'd take some of the ones I listed though for sure...  To me, they're the most absurd looking vehicles in the line when compared to other newer vehicles, or even the detail put into the figures.  Things like the AT-ST and such just look bad in comparison.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2004, 04:14 PM »
I just hope they stick with the OT focus right up to the release of Episode 3.   8)

I have to disagree. I think with the PT, we have a whole fresh garden of background charachters, pod racers, Jedi, and Clone Wars things that could be concentraited on, especialy leading up to the release of E3. Then afterward, a combination line of the entire series could be distributed, with a few more fan choice figures, with some emphasis on army builders.

Thats just me speaking though.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I think you're right about the saga line.Kinda like the Clone Wars line and the Saga line I guess?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2004, 11:18 PM »
I second the nomination for a new, properly scaled Snowspeeder.  I think it's the only vehicle Hasnro has ever made that was too big!
If you look at the snowspeeder closely, it's not much longer than two guys sitting back to back.  It could be a small, cool little toy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2004, 11:32 PM »
You got that right.I would buy 5 or 6 properly scaled one.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2004, 11:34 PM »
Me, too.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: February 4, 2004, 05:08 PM »
Anyone catch a glimpse of the blurry OTC boxed Falcon picture over at RS a couple days ago, from the London Toy Fair?  Pretty vintage-esque looking, but probably not too "eye-catching" in the retail aisles.  But that's fine, since these are being pumped out for the "adult collectors"...

I like the vintage nod here, but again, the confusion remains over the "vintage styled..." items.  Still assuming there's going to be the "vintage styled" packaging of the OTC, and then a whole separate "vintage styled" line of figures (not OTC)....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: February 4, 2004, 05:25 PM »
I just reread the story over at SSG and it says new items on Vintage Style packaging, so there you have it :-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 03:11 PM »
Rebelscum has posted what may be a possible logo for the Original Trilogy Collection, pretty cool.  I really hope that we get a look at some of the figures/packaging for this collection at Toy Fair this weekend :).

Original Trilogy Collection
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 03:12 PM by mosnab »