Author Topic: Original Trilogy Collection  (Read 27196 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Original Trilogy Collection
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2004, 01:24 PM »
I've no problems in the past Brian, I think every order has been filled.  I'm a little worried right now though, seems like Hasbro cancelled a bunch of case orders for Newforce (Hoth, Tatooine and 2003 Coll 1 Repacks) so hopefully this isn't a sign that etailers are getting screwed by Hasbro :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2004, 02:05 PM »

This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...  Hands down the best packaging of the modern era, and dare I say the vintage era as well (though their cardback visual checklists will always be #1).  I could go for a slightly smaller Rebel Insignia there, but other than that, I'm in love.  The figure specific backdrop behind the figure there, along with the vintage styling, is just breathtaking.  I just wish Hasbro would've started this new OTC packaging with the earlier Hoth and Tatooine waves, so they could've all been equally as nice...

That boxed Falcon shot is very sweet looking as well!  I'm sure the vehicles they've got pictured there are just stand-in's for that shot, and that the actual ones will have some tweaks and revisions made to them (like hopefully accurate wings on the Tie finally).

And just so there's no confusion, that Luke/Han/Ben there aren't really part of the OTC collection here, technically.  They'll be on repro vintage cardbacks from the 70's and 80's, and at a higher price point from what Jeff's mentioned.

Looks like it's gonna be a wonderful, wonderful year.  Anyone think we can get Lucas to postpone Episode 3 for another year or two, so we can keep up with all this OT goodness and love?!?   8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Man, I am going to scream like a schoolgirl on helium when I find these at retail... :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2004, 02:16 PM »
Man, I am going to scream like a schoolgirl on helium when I find these at retail... :)

Me too, but my mind keeps telling me these will be like the last wave of EP1 figures, and will be extremely rare to find.  After all these seem to be the last wave of Saga figures, cause EPIII is coming ot next spring! These are fal figures, and will probably not see retail till winter!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2004, 02:18 PM »
? When do you guys think we will see a sneak peek at EPIII, didnt they show the Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase) figure in winter 2001, if i am correct, so mayeb we will see a sneak peek EPIII figure soon, i hope so, but when do you guys think we will see it or them?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2004, 02:19 PM »
Anyone think we can get Lucas to postpone Episode 3 for another year or two, so we can keep up with all this OT goodness and love?!?   8)

lol

I would never have asked for a delay in Episode 3 before today, but you're right.  With all these OT goodies in the pipeline it'll be a shame when the Ep3 figures muscle their way onto the shelves...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2004, 02:32 PM »
All that I can say is WOW!!!  :o  :o  :o  :o   :o
I cannot wait for these to hit the stores. I want them all even the vehicles.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2004, 02:32 PM »
And the Falcon has been retooled to fit 3 figures??? Did I read that correctly? I wonder if there's been any work done on the inside. If its really big enough to fit at least Han and Chewie in the cockpit, then I may customize the interior also.

Yeah, you did read that incorrectly Ed.  This is what they said:

Additionally, the cockpit has been redesigned to fit the 3 ¾” figures more easily.

The "3" just pops out at you a little more than the 3/4 part does.  It does sound like the cockpit interior has been redesigned a little bit though, to fit the newer modern figures - especially the accurately scaled Chewies that we've been getting.  So at least they dealt with that issue, which is a very good thing.

So does anyone have any idea what wave of figures the new OTC designed cardbacks are going to debut with?  God, I hope it's soon, 'cause after seeing the new design, all the current cards makes me want to puke!   :-X  It unfortunately sounds like it might not be until the Dagobah wave though...   :-\

Normally I'm not a fan of re-carding a bunch of old rehash figures, but if Hasbro wanted to re-release all of their previous hundreds of figures on these new OTC cardbacks, I'd probably buy every last one of 'em!  I just love those character specific scenes behind the figure, combined with the vintage styled packaging.  Brilliant work by Hasbro.   8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 04:06 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2004, 07:51 PM »
I almost had a heart attack after I saw pictures of these!   :o  This is definitely the most beautiful packaging I have seen since POTF2 came out.  Even the new logo is sweet as hell.  Damn, I pray that I can find these in stores.

I'm too excited to look in this thread, but did anyone read the one sentence that stuck out on Hasbro's news page?  It states, "For those that want to keep the product in the package, the figures will come with a Star Wars embossed outer clamshell."  Now THAT is awesome news!  That seems to be one of the first times I've heard them actually care about the carded-collectors out there.   ;D
dustrho

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2004, 11:35 PM »
"That seems to be one of the first times I've heard them actually care about the carded-collectors out there. "

Actually, all of the window packaged vehicles are aimed at an audience the does not open what they buy.

This new card does look beautiful.  But I can't help think...why didn't they look like this in 1995?  It's just so obvious.

Anyway, until we all figure out who is on what kind of card, and which cards are clamshelled, and so on, I'm not going to get excited.
Because if all this fancy packaging creates less figures for this year, I'll be a bit bummed.  I was really hoping for the Cantina wave to be announced.  And, please don't throw stones, what about the preqeuls?  They need a little sugar too.

One more bit...maybe when E3 hits, the cards will stay the same, but just the bubble insert will change.  Now that would be great.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2004, 04:39 AM »
**rolls a rock on Speedermikes head**

j/k of course. :)

The packaging is of no consequence to me...  I'd rather they just carded stuff as always.  I'm not a firm believer in catering to the packaging crowd other than to do your best to make sure the packaging doesn't sucumb to damage easily (like the saga cards have been known to do).

Not to say a big "Bite Me" to the carded guys or anything, I just wouldn't wanna incur a price hike because of this, and as we're seeing with LOTR's toy line going the OPPOSITE way and their prices going down, I just hope that this won't be the situation we're in.

No matter what though, I'm jonesin' for SA figures going well beyond this small batch.  We gotta see more.

We gotta see SA army builders (the most deserving), and possibly SA versions of the core characters in their variious other duds.  SA Bespin Escape Leia anyone?  SA Han Bespin?  SA Han, Luke, and Leia Endor with soft goods accessries?  SA Rebel Fleet, Hoth, and Endor Troopers?  SA Storm, Scout, Snow, and Sandtroopers?  Yes, I think so to all these.

Some Prequal era SA figures would be nice too.  SA Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul?  I'd buy that 3-pack, thank ya kindly.

I'm loving that Hasbro's  making what they are though, and will only be disappointed if they leave it at this.  I remember so many people saying they'd not do this very thing to me, and now it's happening, and I'm just loving it. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2004, 05:16 AM »
Word, Jesse.   :)

I'm really excited.  Not so much about the 'vintage' figs, but more about the 'regular' stuff, which actually is better than regular.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2004, 04:37 PM »
Entertainment Earth has them available for pre-order, here they are:

Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 7
Estimated Ship Date - June 2004
Item Number - HS84715K
Price: $64.99
Star Wars - The Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4 inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 7. Loosely based on the Dagobah theme. Includes all-new vintage-style packaging that resembles the original line of Kenner Star Wars action figures. Contains 12 individually packaged action figures including 2x Luke Skywalker - Dagobah, 2x Yoda - Dagobah, 1x Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x R2-D2 - Dagobah Swamp, 1x Luke Skywalker - X-Wing Pilot, 1x Luke Skywalker - Jedi, 1x Han Solo, 1x Chewbacca, 1x Darth Vader (subject to change). All information and descriptions are subject to change. More details coming soon!

Original Trilogy Vintage Figures Wave 1
Estimated Ship Date - June 2004
Item Number: HS85213A
Price: $89.99
Star Wars - The Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4 inch Special Edition Vintage Figure Assortment Wave 1. This series will eventually include figures based on the characters from the first twelve Star Wars action figures ever made. Brought to life with incredible articulation and life-like detail, each figure will have enhanced articulation and premium decorations. Case of 8 individually packaged figures may contain Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Includes vintage-style packaging that resembles the original 1978 line of Kenner Star Wars action figures. Each figure comes packaged in a protective case. Exact figures and quantity included in this case are unknown at this time. All information and descriptions are subject to change. More details coming soon!

I pre-ordered mine already!

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Although i dont really like the Vintage style of these Han, Luke figures they are to skinny!! But they will probably never be seen in stores, so i had to order them.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2004, 04:42 PM »
I almost had a heart attack after I saw pictures of these!   :o  This is definitely the most beautiful packaging I have seen since POTF2 came out.  Even the new logo is sweet as hell.  Damn, I pray that I can find these in stores.

I'm too excited to look in this thread, but did anyone read the one sentence that stuck out on Hasbro's news page?  It states, "For those that want to keep the product in the package, the figures will come with a Star Wars embossed outer clamshell."  Now THAT is awesome news!  That seems to be one of the first times I've heard them actually care about the carded-collectors out there.   ;D

What does that mean " For those that want to keep the product in the package, the figures will come with a Star Wars embossed outer clamsheel" What is that?