Author Topic: P-I-Z-Z-A  (Read 10190 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: P-I-Z-Z-A
« Reply #15 on: February 2, 2004, 06:16 PM »
I like Dominoes Cheese pizza. I usually only get cheese wherever I go, but Dominoes makes the best IMO.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Some of the great places include Lou Malnatis (effectionately known as LouMo's or LouMal's), Giordanos, and Father & Son's, as well as tons of smaller places.

So...how does Lou Malnatis compare to Giordanos? I got them a couple of times when I went to Chicago, and both Pizza Duo (right down the street from Pizza Uno). I think Giordanos was my favorite of the three, but they were all close.

Now...if this cross country pizza delivery is worth trying, I may just have to do it. Have you ever done the "take and bake"?  How is that? (I'm not assuming you've tried their frozens, but take and bake may compare).

Lou Malnati's deep dish is much better than Giordanos, it's overall the best deep dish on earth. :) That's not to say Giordanos isn't good, they have a pretty good stuffed pizza. I've never done the take and bake or frozens, so I can't say how good they are. But if you got the cash to spare, it's definitely worth a try.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2004, 11:13 PM »
We're sort of handcuffed by our daughter.  She likes dominoes.  Some days it's good, some days not.  There is another local place called Tony's that makes much, much better pizza with a spicier tomato sauce.  Yum.

Pepperoni, mushroom and pineapple.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2004, 07:44 PM »
When we get hungry at work we get pizza & wings from my favorite place Bella's anyone heard it? Anyway, they have an awesome deal for soda pizza & wings. Large pizza liter of soda and box of wing for $15.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 4, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Pizza: Cheese, occasionaly BBQ Chicken.

Places: Papa Johns, Noble Romans, California Pizza Kitchen, Sbarro

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2005, 09:51 AM »

Places: Papa Johns,

Mmmmm. Papa Johns. They have an excellent spinach Pizza.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2005, 01:06 PM »
First of all, I don't think anyone calls it a Pizza Pie anymore Lenny...   :P

That said, I'll eat pizza ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.  Been my absolute favorite food ever since I could first eat!  My family actually used to call me the "Pizza Monster" when I was growing up.  I'm pretty picky though, and hate all that vegie and "everything" crap.  I usually strictly adhere to Sausage and/or Pepperoni.  Don't matter from where!  Just give me the pizza!!!   8)

Shakeys, Lamppost, Dominos, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, the super market... whatever!  I'd eat pizza several times a week all through college, but I've probably cut back to just several times a month now, like a good boy...

They may not refer to Pizza as a "pie" on the left coast Matt, but I hear pizza referred to either as a Pie or a Slice (depending on how hungry you are) whenever I go home to NY.

When I'm in NY, I have to get a pie from D'iNardi's either plain cheese or pepperoni.  Here in Colorado, I go to a place in town called Beaujos or Pizza Hut if I'm in a rush....usually get cheese and bacon.  Everytime I do though I get homesick.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Bar none, Johnny Brusco's pepperoni is probably the best pizza I've ever eaten.  Big, floppy NY style pizza that you fold over and squeeze the grease out of then sop it up with the crust.  YUM.  Cannot get enough of it.

We had no good pizzas in Baton Rouge - weird huh?  best food anywhere, but no pizza.  Just Dominoes, Papa John's, and Pizza Hut pretty much.  I used to have to travel quite a bit and would always try and schedule a lunchtime layover in Atlanta just becaue I knew there was a Sbarro's there. :)

Domionoe's always tastes overcooked and flavorless to me.  Pizza hut is too. . .pizza hut.   On occasion I will crave an Anchovie and Jalapeno pizza from Papa John's, and just for the sheer value we will occasionally pick up a 5.00 pizza from Little Ceasars.  They've started adding garlic and butter to the crust there and for 5.00 it's a pretty decent PIE

Still, nothing will beat Johnny Brusco's.  They deliver to our house, but it's not the same.  Have to eat in so that the cheese is the perfect semi-liquid when they bring it out.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2005, 03:09 PM »
The bumping of this thread has inspired me to have pizza for lunch.
Thank you people.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 5, 2005, 05:34 PM »
I love pizza hotline!
Best pizza in Winnipeg in my opinion.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 5, 2005, 05:56 PM »
Cosetta's or Red's Savoy in St Paul are my two favorite pizza places.  Carbones is okay and Davannis and Green Mill make good pizzas for local chains.  The only national chain pizza I will eat is Papa Johns.   

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2005, 06:39 PM »
Cas bi youka (sp?) Eagle Rock in LA county... Here Papa Murphy's for the most part, vegie pizza, expect some pep isn't bad.  ;D
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2005, 08:07 PM »
The bumping of this thread has inspired me to have pizza for lunch.
Thank you people.  ;D

You're welcome.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2005, 08:13 PM »
What the hell was I thinking when I wrote my previous post?

Since then, a new place has opened around town called Mangia. It's Chicago style deep dish pizza, and it's damn good. Everything is homemade, which makes it even better.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #29 on: December 8, 2005, 01:03 PM »
here we got two kinds of pizzas : us and italian

i like both of them i eat the latter in restaurants and i order the former from domino's or pizza hutt (since small pizza places aren't as reliable about hygiene)
"Wars don't make one great"