Community > Other Toy Lines

Favorite Toys of All Time (Any Time, Any Line)

(1/6) > >>

Brian:
Since I didn't want to limit it to just Star Wars (but feel free to include if you want to), I thought this might be a good place to put this.  I was just curious what some of your all time favorite individual figures are, no matter what the line...past or present.  Maybe they weren't the best liknesses, or were just fun...or maybe they are practically statues and just look great.  I was just curious to see some of your favorites, from childhood to now.  Here's a few of mine:

Vintage Star Wars: Han Solo w/Trenchcoat, Jedi Luke Skywalker, Sensorscope R2, Yoda, Boba Fett, Skiff Lando, Chewie, Vader

Modern Star Wars: POTJ Bespin Han, 300th Boba Fett, Dagobah Vader, Commtech R2, Commtech Stormie, Saga Bespin Luke, Yoda w/Chian, Coleman Trebor (and although I don't have them...Jabba's Palace Luke, Hoth Luke (Saga), SA Clonetrooper.  This list could get longer, but we've covered Star Wars plenty I figure.

Vintage GI Joe: 1985 version Snake Eyes (this was probably my favorite action figure as a kid, outside of a few Star Wars figures)....also Barbeque, Duke, Destro.

Vintage MOTU: Roboto, Sy-Klone, He-Man, Stinkor, Skeletor, Tri-Klops

Modern MOTU: Only have He-Man and Sy-Klone, but the whole line looks great.  I only want a Roboto now, if he ever does show up in stores.

Vintage Transformers:  Sideswipe, Bumblebee, and an orange truck I believe was called Huffer.  Always liked Optimus Prime and Hound too, but unfortunately I didn't have them.

Go-Bots (vintage): Turbo? (red car), Leader 1 (I had the blue version)

Secret Wars: Spidey and Wolverine, they were a team on a lot of missions in my mind...took on Doc Ock quite a bit :P.

Marvel Legends: Beast, Colossus, Gambit (all the X-Men are great)...also have the Spiderman 2 SA Spidey.

Super Powers: Batman, Robin, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman (this was a great line I thought, I never could find a Superman though when I was a kid.  Bats was always my fave)

LOTR: Legolas (Rohan Armor)

Other Misc:  Unleashed Han Solo and Jedi Luke, all the OT Playskool sets (I really hope they bring this line back).

That's what I can think of off hand, I was more curious to see some of your favorites.

Scott:
All Time...

I'll do a line by line breakdown later, cool topic Brian :)

Ben:
I really don't think I have a favorite Star Wars figure, as I have so many. But for the other lines, I have a few.

Vintage MOTU- Skeletor, Battle Armor He-Man, Orko, Beast Man, Stinkor, Roboto, and the Slime Pit.

Modern MOTU- Beast Man,Two Bad, Whiplash, Skeletor, Fire Armor Skeletor, Ice Armor He-Man, Orko, Trapjaw, and my custom jobbies of Trapjaw, Orko, and He-Man.

GI Joe: A Real American Hero- Storm Shadow v2, Destro v1 and 2, Snake Eyes v3(never had 2), Wet Suit v1, Serpentor v1, Night Viper, Zartan, Sgt. Slaughter (he's cool when you're 5 years old in 1986 ;) ), Hit and Run, Bazooka, Alpine, Lady Jaye, and if I owned then, I'd say Duke and Hawk.

GI Joe ARAH Vehicle: Moray Hydrofoil. My friend had it, and all I had was the stupid little Devilfish. But I did get the Sp3 Night Raven, so nyah. :)

GI Joe Modern incarnations- The second version of Snake Eyes in the JvC line. The closest Hasbro has come to their RAH glory.

Transformers G1- Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, and Seaspray. G1 always needed more boats, IMO. :)

Marvel Legends- Wolverine. It has to be the finest Wolvie figure ever made, and it's one of the few ML I own that doesn't have any loose joints.

Lord of the Rings- King Aragorn, Eomer in Coronation armor, Eowyn in armor, Crossbow Uruk-Hai, Frodo and Sam w/ Elven boat, FOTR Legolas, Sauron, and Treebeard, the single biggest figure I own. :)

Muppets- The Great Gonzo, hands down. Great, great stuph.

Mainland05:
The figures i realy favor and love are the follows:

Star Wars :
POTF 2 - Commtech Leia, Ewoks 2-Pack.

EP1 - Queen Amidala all 3 versions, Qui-Gon Jinn (Naboo), Pit Droids, Jar Jar (Naboo Swamp), Ki-Adi Mundi.

POTJ - Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion), Scout Trooper (Clean), Aurra Sing, Teebo.

SAGA - Aayla Secura, Padme (Lars'), Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Yoda (Jedi Master).

CLONE WARS - Asajj Ventress, ARC Trooper, SA Clonetrooper, Durge, Kit Fisto.

Lord of the Rings :Fellowship of the Ring - Gandalf the Grey, Elrond, Legolas, Arwen.

Two Towers - Galadriel, Ringwraith, PEW, Easterling, Boromir, Gandalf the Grey, Twilight Frodo.

Return of the King - Eowyn (Edoras), Eowyn (armored), Harad Archer, King Aragorn, Treebeard.

I also like - Marvel Legends -
Elektra, Wolverine, Colossus, Sabertooth, Silver Surfer, Blade, Captain America.

That is all i collect!!!

Padawan:
Some of my favorites.  

Star Wars Unleashed: Han Solo (Likeness is unreal)

Movie Maniacs: Alien vs. Predator boxed set, and Freddy vs. Jason fishtank.

McFarlane Matrix series 1 Neo: Was it a pegwarmer?  Yes, but it's still a great figure.

McFarlane Matrix: Sentinel

Spawn: Series 24 Wall Spawn, and Santa Spawn.  CC Lotus Angel, series 21 WOR Spawn, and Spawn VII boxed set.

McFarlane Terminator 3: 12" Arnold, the voice chip sucks, but the figure is excellent.  

18" Figures: Jason and Pinhead from NECA

Kubrick's: The entire Star Wars line, plus many other lines, but Star Wars is my favorite.

McFarlane Sportspicks: Derrick Brooks.  I don't really care for these figures, but he is my favorite athlete so I had to buy it.  

Mez-Itz: Any except Dick Tracy

Tim Burton's Tragic Toys for Girls and Boys:  All of them.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version