Author Topic: WTF?!  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
WTF?!
« on: January 31, 2004, 03:05 AM »
This is totally bizarre, and not to start a huge scalper debate, but check out what the hell has popped up over at Amazon.com today:  WTF?!   :o

Wow.  Looks like someone's moving up in the world.  Pretty crazy to see that little partnership pop up there!  I'm sure Amazon will enjoy some of the complaints they're going to be getting about this!   ;)  A few of those prices are decent, while a couple others aren't.  I'm surprised about the cheap price on that Acklay to be honest.  Should be interesting to see what else pops up there, and what the prices will be.  I'm sure part of the reason TRU's doing this is to be able expand into the vintage market, but it's still pretty weird!

So what do you think of this move on Amazon.com's part?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 03:05 AM by Snively Bandar »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: WTF?!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 04:11 AM »
I wonder what quantity these items are available in.

I imagine Mr. Brian made with some ass-kissing to pull this off.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: WTF?!
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2004, 03:58 AM »
Woah!  That certainly is an interesting development...  Brian's Toys in partnership with TRU.com.  Wonder how the hell he managed to pull that off?  And you're probably right Grant, I bet Amazon gets a few letters of objection from some of its customers over their partnership - not that Amazon will likely care much.

Interesting that they'd want to get into the vintage Star Wars figure market though.  I assume that's the reason for this, since they sell the modern Star Wars toys themselves...  But Brian's Toys isn't nearly as bad, and scalper-esque when it comes to the vintage stuff.  They're often pretty reasonable with those.  It's usually their modern era collectible prices that gets everyone's panties in a twist...

It'll be fun to see how this one plays out.