Author Topic: Toys-R-Us finds  (Read 6620 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Toys-R-Us finds
« Reply #15 on: February 4, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Went to TRU this morning and the truck is a day late. I was told to come in on Thursday night or Friday morning. The lady said the CPU shows differnt Star Wars in Transit. I hope it is on the truck.

Maybe (I doubt it) get lucky and find the new Ultra figs or Jabba Palace Figs.

Well, the sale is for the month so there is time.

At least your Wal*Mart doesnt have 4 people, plus customer service, and a heavly accented hispanic man give you the run around(At least I think thats what he did. I could hardly understand). Customer Service wouldnt even let me file a complaint.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Toys-R-Us finds
« Reply #16 on: February 4, 2004, 08:16 PM »
For the Hell of it I called another TRU store in Indy. They did get in the Uleashed Clonetrooper, Chewbacca, and Luke. They held a set for me. So I went and got my set of Unleashed. For the Free figure I had a variety of figures to choose from: AckMed, Elan S., Barris, Yoda & Padawan, Aayla, and Padawans. So I took the Ackmed for use as a custom figure.

Wal-Marts suck. I can never get a good answer from the employees. One will say one thing and the other another thing. It is a hit and miss at Wal-Marts for me.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
TRU freebie promotion is a sham.
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2004, 07:18 PM »
I stopped by a TRU last night on my way home, and figured I'd get in on that "Spend $15 on SW, and get a free 4" SW figure free" action.  What a load of bull this promotion is!   >:(  It borders on a total scam almost, for the stores that are taking their ads to the "t".

I picked up another Jedi Warrior 4-pack, and had all of two figures to choose from for my freebie - Bail, and the first Dignitary, so I obviously went with the latter.  These are the only two figures this TRU has had in the past two months.  So I march on over to the cashier, lay my loot down, and get ready for the fireworks to start...

First, they fussed that the 4-pack wasn't pictured in the ad, and so it wasn't included as part of the promotion (B.S. - it said $15 worth of SW action figure product).  Then, they said I couldn't have that figure for free, 'cause the SKU # didn't match the one in the add.  I told them they've only had TWO figures for the past couple months, so there's not really a whole lot of choice.  But they ardently refused, saying that the Dignitary was a "BRAND NEW" figure, and not part of the promotion.  Apparently, only the real old 2002/early 2003 figures were allowed to be included as the freebie...   ::)

WTF?!  None of my 4 local TRUs has had any of those in stock for many, many months, therefore pretty much nullifying this promotion in the L.A. area.  I argued with 3 different employees, including 2 managers, just 'cause the whole thing was such a bunch of crap.  I didn't need a free figure that bad, I was just pissed that the idea of this promotion was basically just a giant sham, at least around here anyway...

Anyone else have better luck than I, and get yourself some free goodies?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: TRU freebie promotion is a sham.
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2004, 08:43 PM »
I stopped by a TRU last night on my way home, and figured I'd get in on that "Spend $15 on SW, and get a free 4" SW figure free" action.  What a load of bull this promotion is!   >:(  It borders on a total scam almost, for the stores that are taking their ads to the "t".

I picked up another Jedi Warrior 4-pack, and had all of two figures to choose from for my freebie - Bail, and the first Dignitary, so I obviously went with the latter.  These are the only two figures this TRU has had in the past two months.  So I march on over to the cashier, lay my loot down, and get ready for the fireworks to start...

First, they fussed that the 4-pack wasn't pictured in the ad, and so it wasn't included as part of the promotion (B.S. - it said $15 worth of SW action figure product).  Then, they said I couldn't have that figure for free, 'cause the SKU # didn't match the one in the add.  I told them they've only had TWO figures for the past couple months, so there's not really a whole lot of choice.  But they ardently refused, saying that the Dignitary was a "BRAND NEW" figure, and not part of the promotion.  Apparently, only the real old 2002/early 2003 figures were allowed to be included as the freebie...   ::)

WTF?!  None of my 4 local TRUs has had any of those in stock for many, many months, therefore pretty much nullifying this promotion in the L.A. area.  I argued with 3 different employees, including 2 managers, just 'cause the whole thing was such a bunch of crap.  I didn't need a free figure that bad, I was just pissed that the idea of this promotion was basically just a giant sham, at least around here anyway...

Anyone else have better luck than I, and get yourself some free goodies?

Call the Better Buisness Buero.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...