Author Topic: New Hasbro survey  (Read 6259 times)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
New Hasbro survey
« on: February 5, 2004, 06:13 PM »
I just received another email from Hasbro offering another survey... mainly on the Jedi Point auctions.  How many people got this:

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your current, or previous, interest in Hasbro
STAR WARS action figures and accessories.

Because of your STAR WARS interest, we'd like to invite you
to participate in a short online survey now.  

For some of you, this will be the 2nd survey like this
you've filled out. The first time was a few months ago, and
we want to see how things may have changed over time. So,
even if you filled out the first one, we would really appreciate your filling out this survey as well.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Hasbro survey
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Interesting, Pat.  Was anything else touched on aside from the Jedi Master Points auctions, or was that it?

These feedback survey questions can obviously be very telling, as far as what things Hasbro's currently mulling over.  I think it's a great idea for them to reach out to the collecting community for some relevant feedback on their product line(s) and marketing strategies.

Pat, I assume they were asking things like "would you participate in more JMP auctions in the future?"...

Did they ask anything about specific SW sub-lines, like Playskool, 12", Unleashed, etc.?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2004, 07:22 PM »
I just finished it.  It was pretty similiar to the one from last time.  No specific items mentioned to be auctioned and one of the questions was rate in 1st and 2nd place (out of nine items to choose from) what I feel would be the most interesting thing I'd like Hasbro to do regarding promotions and such.  

I went with free toys after so many purchases (mail away promo's) as number 1.   Number 2 was similiar to that....I certainly didn't pick none of the above  ;) or on-line memebership to sneak peeks (or something like that).

I like survey's and was glad to see that they are interested in trying to connect with the consumers.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2004, 07:25 PM »
see below:
« Last Edit: February 5, 2004, 07:53 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2004, 07:30 PM »
How do you really feel, Brent?   :P

And what happened to question #s 1 - 8?  Please share!

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2004, 07:36 PM »
yea, i just got the survey and did it.  It seems ok, hopefully we will get some goodys in the future!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2004, 07:37 PM »
1. Do you currently own any STAR WARS figures or vehicles?
 Yes
 No

2. In general how strong of a fan of STAR WARS would you say you are?
 Fanatical fan
 Extremely strong fan
 Very strong fan
 Average fan
 Not too strong a fan
 I do not consider myself a fan

3. How many years have you been buying/collecting STAR WARS figures or vehicles?
 years (in digits)

4. As best as you can estimate, how many STAR WARS figures and vehicles do you own?
 Less than 25
 25-49
 50-99
 100-199
 200-499
 500 or more

5. From which, if any, of the following sources have you purchased STAR WARS items over the past 2 years? Please check all that apply:
 eBay
 Online stores (other than eBay)
 Online sites not solely dedicated to retail
 Catalogs
 None of the above

6. Approximately how much have you spent on your STAR WARS figures and vehicles collection in the past 12 months?
 Less than $25
 $25-$99
 $100-$249
 $250-$499
 $500-$999
 $1,000 or more

7. When was your most recent STAR WARS figures or vehicle purchase?
 Within the past week
 Within the past 2 weeks
 Within the past month
 2-3 months ago
 4-6 months ago
 More than 6 months ago

8. Within the past month how many STAR WARS figures or vehicles have you purchased?
 2-3
 4-5
 6-10
 11-20
 More than 20

9. Approximately how many Jedi Master Points, if any, have you accumulated since the program launch in 1999?

10. How many Jedi Master Points, if any, have you accumulated in the past month?

12. How did you find out about the Jedi Master Points Auction? (check all that apply)
 Pop-up on the www.starwars.hasbro.com website
 News on www.starwars.com
 Received an email announcing the Auction
 Fan/Collector websites/magazines
 Word-of-mouth
 Other (please specify)

13. Did you visit (and, if needed, register at) the Jedi Master Points Auction?

14. Approximately how many times have you visited the Jedi Master Points Auction site?

15. Overall how satisfied were you with your experience at the Jedi Master Points Auction? >:(

16.  Did you bid on anything at the Jedi Master Points Auction? >:( >:(

17. Did the Jedi Master Points Auction influence you in any way to purchase STAR WARS figures or accessories in order to get more points? (Please select which statement best describes how the auction may or may not have influenced you)
 Yes, I wanted to buy new figures or accessories to get more points
 Yes, I wanted to buy pre-owned figures or accessories from sources like eBay or from other collectors in order to get more points
 No, I was not interested in participating therefore I was not looking to accumulate more points
 No, I had enough points already

19. Would you visit to the Jedi Master Points Auction if it were to run again in 2004 with the same format and procedures?
 Definitely
 Probably
 Not sure
 Probably not
 Definitely not

20. If the Jedi Master Points Auction were to run again in 2004 with the same format and procedures, how likely do you think you would be to bid on items?
 Definitely
 Probably
 Not sure
 Probably not
 Definitely not

21. Since October 1, the launch of the Jedi Master Points Auction, have you purchased any STAR WARS figures or vehicles, other than the items you may have won at the Auction?
 Yes
 No

22. Since October 1, the launch of the Jedi Master Points Auction, approximately how much have you spent on STAR WARS figures or vehicles, other than on the items you may have won at the Auction? (check one)
 $1-$10
 $10-$24
 $25-$49
 $50-$99
 $100 or more

23. What was the main reason you chose not to bid on anything in the Jedi Master Points Auction?
 Did not like product selection
 Already had products listed
 Did not want to cut package to get Jedi Master Points
 Bid amounts too high
 Didn't have enough Jedi Master Points
 Did not understand the auction process
 Not interested in STAR WARS
 Don't like to give personal information on internet
 Haven't see an item I like yet, but will keep looking
 Other (specify)

24. Hasbro STAR WARS was is considering various programs/services for STAR WARS collectors in the future. Listed below are several of the program/services under consideration. Please tell me which one of these programs you would be most interested in? Which would you be second most interested in?

Please put a "1" by the item you would be most interested in.
Please put a "2" by the item you would be next interested in.
Please do NOT use decimals, or select more than one item as 1st or 2nd.

Limited-edition or exclusive STAR WARS action figures and accessories I can purchase
  Promotions/contests where I could win free STAR WARS action figures and accessories
  Alerts letting me be among the first to learn information on new products and get product sneak peeks
  Alerts about retails sales promotions on STAR WARS action figures and accessories
  A "Rewards Program" that allows you to get free STAR WARS action figures and accessories based on the amount you spend on STAR WARS action figures and accessories (i.e. a "frequent buyers" program)
  Alerts letting you be among the first to learn behind-the-scenes information
  A personalized STAR WARS web site where I can track the action figures and accessories I own, and get STAR WARS information on topics I request  
  Auctions where I can bid points I earn by purchasing STAR WARS figures and accessories
  I am not interested in any of the above

25. Please indicate which of the following categories includes your age.
 Under 12
 12-17
 18-24
 25-29
 30-34
 35-44
 45+

26. How many people are currently living in your household, including yourself?
# of people  (in digits)

27. Please check the ages of children under 18 currently living in your household (check all that apply)
 0-4 years
 5-10 years
 11-17 years

28. Which of the following best represents your total annual household income (before taxes)? (check one)
 Under $15,000
 $15,000-$24,999
 $25,000-$34,999
 $35,000-$49,999
 $50,000-$74,999
 $75,000-$100,000
 Over $100,000
 Don't know or Prefer not to say

29. Do you have any other thoughts or comments regarding the STAR WARS Jedi Master Points Auction?

So there you have it.  It should come as no surprise that I was rather scathing about the JMP auctions being US only >:(  

ps, their numbering scheme sucks, missing spots along the way ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 5, 2004, 07:38 PM »
Matt, can you please delete the incomplete post above :-[

I hit 'post' during an angry moment (JMP questions) ;)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 5, 2004, 07:39 PM »
Never mind, Brent just posted the whole thing as I was typing....
« Last Edit: February 5, 2004, 07:40 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 5, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Matt, can you please delete the incomplete post above

No.  But how 'bout I copy it all into our main news page's story on the matter?  How'd that be?   ;)

Thank ya' kindly good sir!   :-*
« Last Edit: February 5, 2004, 08:50 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 5, 2004, 09:03 PM »
'sup to you.  I came to my senses and deleted the partial message, obviously.

Did anyone else feel a little silly filling that out?  Hi, my name is brent.  I spend way to much frigging money on plastic :-[

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 5, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Did anyone else feel a little silly filling that out?  Hi, my name is brent.  I spend way to much frigging money on plastic :-[

Beth

Offline Jasim

• Youngling
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 6, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Yesterday, I recieved the survey and filled it out right away. I like the idea that Hasbro listens to what the collectors would enjoy and promote an opportunity to ask us what we want in terms of promotions.

I was disappointed that the auctions ended when they did. I had been hoping that the super-inflated auctions would weed out the big bidders then have a chance to allow the medium and lower bidders with fewer JMP's to win some cool stuff.

I was really excited about the possibility of a frequent buyer program or limited edition SW action figures. Programs like these would be great to have as a more equalizing effect and a chance to get back a little somethin' from Hasbro.
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.  - (unknown)

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 6, 2004, 09:38 PM »
I hope that they come out with some rewards program. That's what I've been longing for... I buy a lot of figures so yeah.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader