Author Topic: Did people cry about the POTF2 Red/Green re-packs...  (Read 5897 times)

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
Re: Did people cry about the POTF2 Red/Green re-packs...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 10:15 PM »
The problem I DO have is that the same figure (Cantina Han) has been recarded/repacked to death this year... at least 4 times in the last 16 months:

Saga 2003
Saga HoF
OTC
Pack-In with Sam's Club Falcon
* and potentially a 5th time with a new Cup set

Can you say overkill?  The same figure in FIVE different forms over 16 months is TOO MANY.  Completely different from re-issueing the figure ONCE per year on a new card!  If they had found a way to spread out the different Han sculpts over all those re-packs, there'd be less complaining for sure...

So, that's my biggest beef with the repacks.  Not that they are repacking figures, but the sheer volume of repacking the SAME figure five times over the last year!

Jeff

OK. This I can definitely understand. Since I all but dropped the SW line for a couple of years, I had NO IDEA it was like that. I actually had to look up HoF figures. No idea...

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
Ah, to be ignorant of the facts...
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 10:28 PM »
You wanna see some PO'd people?  See anyone who never got an EU figure or RY/DST because of the repacks.

I forgot all about the EU fiasco. I do remember reading the stories when I first got into SW collecting back in '99. I assembled a complete EU collection WAY after the fact through ebay auctions and very shrewed trades for VHTF EP1 and POTF2 Commtech figures at toy shows. I screwed scalpers out of EU figures the likes of Mara, Kyle, Dark Trooper and Spacetrooper for EP1 "Swimming JarJars".

Hell, at one show I screwed a scalper out of a case-fresh (literally opened before my eyes) 1995 Snowspeeder for a $6.99 Admiral Motti just because the actor was at the show. He wanted $40 for that Speeder and figured it was an even trade.  Thing is, I had two more in my backpack. :P