Author Topic: MOTU  (Read 4869 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
MOTU
« on: January 23, 2003, 12:22 PM »
Any of you guys collect master of the universe?

I was cleaning out some toy boxes at my dads house and I found some old guys, the problem is I don't really collect them and don't remember alot about them from my youth. I was wondering if they are complete, proper names to them and so forth. Is there a site that has a good archive.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:MOTU
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 12:32 PM »
Sorry, I did not collect them, but this site may help you out.  ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/welcometothe/af/MOTU/motu.html

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 12:39 PM »
Thanks that really helped. I only had the ones from 82 and 83.

Thanks for the link

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 02:34 PM »
Check out

www.he-man.org

The best MOTU site out there

I also recommend checking out the Modern MOTU stuff, some of the best toys out there right now

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 03:34 PM »
Thanks that was a great site.

Very helpfull.. I have saw the new stuff in the store but I am not a big fan. I just wanted some pics to see if they were still complete and that. I don't know what I am going to do with them yet.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Re: MOTU
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Does anyone here have the Eternia playset? I'm thinking of trying to get one of these but I want to know what the typical problems are with the playset and how well it holds up. I see a few on ebay from time to time and I see parts all the time but before I go working on putting together one of these massive playsets I want to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into. I'd have started a new thread but I figured this would be good enough to cover vintage MOTU instead of putting it into the New MOTU thread.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 06:34 PM »
I have one, have not put it together since i was a kid. I remember is being awesome and connecting all of the playsets together. I think the slides normally broke or bent bandly. I would look out for that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 03:01 PM »
So I came across this the other day in my pursuit of an Eternia set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160144577491&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Yeah, I may want an eternia set...but I don't want one that bad.

OCB: (editing link to work)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:25 AM by OCB »
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:22 AM »
You could buy a car with that much money.

I remember seeing a whole mountain of those Eternia playsets at a KB back in the day. If only I had disposable income back then. I wouldn't have to buy Powerball tickets these days- I could just sell Eternia playsets.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 07:53 PM »
Thought this looked the closest to a vintage Masters of the Universe thread, so hopefully this is right. As part of my vintage toy kick lately, I've been looking into Masters again. Honestly, of all my interests outside of Star Wars growing up, this one might have been next on the list. It is what I seemed to get as gifts the most as well, and I still have the majority of my old toys (although some need some accessories, etc.) Does anyone here collect or display their old toys? I remember some of you (Scott, Ben?) having pretty great collections.

Outside of Battle Cat and the Attack Trak, I didn't have much in the way of vehicles. Lately I've been watching some videos of those vehicles, and even though some are a little silly, I still remember coveting many of them. The a Dragon Walker and Wind Raider just to name a couple. Any ways, just wanted to bump up the conversation.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:16 AM »
I had a nearly complete collection of all the figures prior to the TV show coming on, which really killed my interest after awhile. I dumped them all at my local comic shop a few years ago in an impulsive move. I sometimes regret it, but they did take up a lot of space.

Super7 is doing some amazing stuff with the new figures I think, both scales. It's just not a property that tempts me anymore.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 04:41 PM »
I have a really nice collection of figures that's almost complete. Just lacking guys like Scare Glow, Flying Fists He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Rotar and Twistoid. These have been hard to find for me in the condition I'd like them in. There's a great vintage toy store in Des Moines that I've purchased a lot of my collection from, but these guys haven't made an appearance there.

I have some vehicles and Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain that I've had since childhood. These held up pretty well, though buying all the small pieces I lost from the castles was kind of a pain.

I'd like to get the rest of the vehicles and Eternia, but I want the vehicles with their boxes, and I really don't have the space right now. Plus, all of my MOTU stuff is boxed up right now. Thinking about getting them out again...

Loved this line for as long as I could walk. I was into these toys and cartoon before I was into Star Wars, so it's my first love.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk