Author Topic: Are you a "bad" person?  (Read 8859 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Are you a "bad" person?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2004, 07:17 PM »
Wow, surprisingly - I'm only headed to the THIRD level of hell...  Not bad!   8)  My favorite question (true/false) was:

A pimp is a good thing to be.   :P

As for Jesse's original thoughts here, I really think I'm both - good and bad.  It fluctuates at different times, and definitely at different periods in my life.  I know in recent years I've become much more jaded and cautious/skeptical towards others, whereas I used to be the jolliest dude around, the life of the party, and everybody's best bud.  Not anymore though really...  Much more protective and "sheltered" now that I'm older.  I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm "bad" now, as much as I would say that someone else has to prove to me that they're "good" before I'm accepting of them.

I guess it's just a natural progression into adulthood, and probably a direct result of living in Los Angeles for the past 7 years as well...  Not a real good place sometimes, if you get my drift.  So you've gotta keep on your toes and protect yourself, your loved ones, and your property.  Didn't always used to be that way though...  :-\  I certainly wouldn't mind going back to my younger and happier days, when I didn't have a care in the world, and was totally fearless.  But you live and learn, and adapt I guess.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2004, 07:23 PM »
Wow, surprisingly - I'm only headed to the THIRD level of hell...  Not bad!

Ill bring the Nachos.

You bring the toys.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2004, 07:51 PM »
Sorry Kev, but my disgusting greediness over the toys is a big part of what dropped me all the way down to the third level here, so I'll be leaving all of those behind.  I'm definitely up for some of your nachos though...  Thanks!  8)

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Third level too. I believe I have been judged too kindly.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 10:10 PM »
I'm head for the first level of hell or limbo.   I wonder what I would have to answer to get into Haven.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Is it bad when, after taking the test, you're told that you aren't desired within hell due to the fear of your taking over the joint?

If that is bad, ignore what I just said and don't bother me for a while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DJCB666

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004, 01:02 AM »
The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Third Level of Hell!

Well at least I won't be lonely. ;)
You will find no truth in me.

-Vergere

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004, 10:13 AM »
Is it bad when, after taking the test, you're told that you aren't desired within hell due to the fear of your taking over the joint?

;D
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Online Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Second Level of Hell...The Lustful...

Oooohhh Riiiight!  8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2004, 11:22 AM »
So only three of us are bad ?
C'mon,c'mon!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Hey Lando, wanna beer?

Purgatory  Repenting Believers  Low
Level 1 - Limbo  Virtuous Non-Believers  Moderate
Level 2  Lustful  Very High
Level 3  Gluttonous  Moderate
Level 4  Prodigal and Avaricious  Low
Level 5  Wrathful and Gloomy  Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis  Heretics  Low
Level 7  Violent  Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge  Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers  High
Level 9 - Cocytus  Treacherous  Low

Nice to see I'm lustful but the malicious description from level 8 is fairly accurate.  To be somewhat biblical, I have the patience of Job but don't piss me off or break what I consider to be rules, you will fall very quickly and I will act or wish things maliciously.  

FWIW and it may be age related I often re-evaluate where I am and what I'm doing.  I try very, very hard to evaluate all sides and put aside my own personal biases.  I fail at that and am hypocritical often.  That, I think, is simply human nature (the hypocrisy).  I think relatively few people examine their actions and certainly it is not that common in the younger folks.  No malice intended there, more a reflection of what I and my peers were like during our teen years.  Self indulgence tends to be more prevalent.  Simple fact.  Those that rise above that at that age are to be congratulated.  Those that do not should be tolerated as best as can be, given that they may be headed for change without realizing it.  

I am tolerant but arrogant.  I am cynical but optimistic.  I am kind but protective of those I care about to the point of malice.  I am often wrong and recognize and try to correct that.  I try to be a kid and have fun,  lest work drag me to where I seem destined.  

Sorry, but in a general malaise of late.  Collecting has been tough lately.  Great folks helping out left, right and center but geez, I'd just like to find something on the pegs at retail price.  Whoulda thunk that toys could become so serious.  Loser.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2004, 06:04 PM »
I would be headed for the 3rd level... if I wasn't Catholic. A couple of Hail Mary's and I'll be in the clear.   :-*

Be sure to pack warmly, folks.  :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2004, 08:25 PM »
I would be headed for the 3rd level... if I wasn't Catholic. A couple of Hail Mary's and I'll be in the clear.   :-*

Be sure to pack warmly, folks.  :P

Ill see you there. Im a renegade catholic, and hail marys and and our father arent gonna help us at all.  :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2004, 10:52 PM »
I'll probably be joining somewhere between the 4th and 6th levels.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2004, 05:00 AM »

Don't sweat it JJ, the test said I'm cruel, vindictive, and hateful and as such I'm headed for the 5th level of hell along the river styx where the wrathful and gloomy go. Kinda funny, I thought I would be more gloomy than wrathful, but the test says otherwise and who am I to disagree with the internet.  ;) Well at least it makes my avatar more apt. :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot