Author Topic: New Death Star Trooper ?  (Read 5229 times)

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
New Death Star Trooper ?
« on: March 21, 2005, 02:01 AM »
Hello

Not sure which forum this should go in. Haven't bought any SW figures , well since the org. movies came out but want to get some nw ones now. From what I understand [ from the seemingly endless number of figures and figure lines now ] They are making a new super duper Darth Vader  called "Ultimate Dark Lord",  in 3 3/4 size along with new  Zuckuss, 4-LOM, at-at  driver and Death Star Trooper. What I want to know is is this true about the new Death Star Trooper ? Way back in the day I believe it was called Death Squad Commander , those security guards. Always my favorite figs. I know they made at least 1 newer, more accurate version since then but if a newer one is on the way I'd thought I'd wait for it. Anyone know  ? If so are there any pics anywhere ? Thanks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Death Star Trooper ?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 03:21 AM »
There's a ton of rumors...  Some just tend to be more substantial than others, but none are able to be confirmed 100% as coming till Hasbro says so...  To use the disclaimer phrase that folks like to use. :)

I think a new Death Star Trooper's as good a choice as many other figures.  He's an army builder, his previous figure isn't the swiftest, and he's one that could even stand variants (I'd dig a grey uniform variant alongside the black one).  I'd take a new one easily...  He's shown up on a couple rumor lists so far, so I'd think he's maybe gonna make an appearance once ROTS's hype dies off. 

I think Hasbro make take a sweet taste away with army builders being a big part of ROTS's line, and them doing well in some previous lines to the ROTS one, so we can hope.  Nothing, of course, is in from Hasbro on this though.  Too bad...  Even with ROTS fresh on my mind, of course, I'd still dig knowing some cool classic stuff was on the way at the tail-end of this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:09 AM »
My Naval Fleet Trooper alarm went off.....

I was just going through my figures last night (the wife and kid are gone for a few days)...

I was lamenting the poor pre-pose of my army Death Star Troopers..  I do recall when he first came out that I was very impressed with the removable helmet.  Very nice.

I was impressed with the ROTS line up at least giving a nod to the fact that Army Builders sell.  Maybe with the former head of the GI Joe line over in Star Wars now, he is telling of the demand that some of their Army builder packs garnered.

And my wish list probably belongs in another thread, but I think that just about every Army builder in the OT needs to be reworked with Super Articulation and if not SA then it needs MA (more articulation).  I am getting a little spoiled by my VOTC Stormies.  And it's not just Army Builders...some of the Heroes need it too.  An SA Bespin Han would be awesome.

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Sorry about the multiple forum posts.

http://sicqnus.com/news01.htm

I was wondering because this page , near the bottom , said it was coming out like it was official. It's in French so you need a traslation page like BabelFish or something [ unless you speak French of course ]. I hope they're right and it's done right too. Hope they give it all the bells and whistles.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 05:40 PM »
That's ok about the multiple posts mutantpoo, I took care of them since I was up when you posted.... 

Yeah that's one of the rumor lists floating around over on that site...  It has about as much validity as most others, so he may come or may not...  Things change at Hasbro routinely, and they're not the only ones to say a DST is maybe coming, but till Hasbro says so they're just another rumor in the pipelines.

Hopefully this summer we'll see what the end of 2005 may hold, and if it's got any Classic Trilogy figures mixed in or not.  I'm not sure I wanted a new AT-AT Driver particularly, but the DST is one of the top army builders I'd like seeing as a super articulated figure with removeable helmet, working holster,  and the color variant I mentioned.

I'd take one in a heartbeat...

Hell, even if his articulation/pose was just as nice as the Cantina Wave's...  That'd be rockin' to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I say give every single OT army-builder the royal treatment in 2006 or 2007.  And repack the VOTC Stormies.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 02:25 AM »
Ditto.   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 03:18 AM »
I wouldn't argue with that.

From AT-AT Driver to Ewok I'd cover everything imagineable in the classic trilogy.

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Thanks for the answers.
Dang ! I really hoped it was official. >:(

Well I guess it's a year of waiting to see and a year of passing on e-bay deals on the current figure til we find out for sure. :'(

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 08:33 AM »
From AT-AT Driver to Ewok I'd cover everything imagineable in the classic trilogy.

Really?  And what exactly would your list be?  I know what mine would be, but I'm not sure there is space for it....

I not only want to see the Army Guys re-done in Super Articulation but also generic heads.   I was looking through the Star Wars Chronicles book last night and noticed that we had a 50/50 chance of getting a Cloud Car Pilot with a Moustache!!  We dodged that one!!

Main Character Sculpts that I think need to be redone in SA:

Luke Stormtrooper
Han Stormtooper
Chewie as Prisoner (with MG3)

Han Hoth
Han Bespin (POTJ is a thing of beauty, but I need more Articulation..damn you VOTC)
Luke Bespin (without Action Feature)
Luke Dagaobah (I know  we just got one, but I don't like it that much)
Luke Snowspeeder Pilot
Leia Hoth and Bespin Escape
Han as Prisoner (pre and post carbonite)

Han as prisoner
Luke Jedi (I like the Saga one, but I'd love ball jointed shoulders and elbows)
Han Endor (this is in DIRE need of a redo)
Luke Endor
Leia Endor
C3P0 with articulated Knees

See that was exhaustive and I didn't even list secondary characters or Army builders....  I can see them being able to keep the line going with OT stuff till 2018 with my suggestions alone...then they can start on somebody elses  ;)

But to make this on topic....I would trade them all (except maybe Han Hoth and Endor) for a Super Articulated Death Star Trooper in Black, Gray and Green (if green is actually a color) with multiple headsculpts (maybe 3 different and NO facial Hair).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Y'know, with word of the Wal-Mart Early Bird kit floating around , maybe Hasbro is going to remake the original 12 figures.  We would definitly get a DST (or Death Squad Commander) if that comes true.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 07:10 PM »
I was thinking the same thing....but I thought it would be very audacious to reply to myself...

Oh and I need to add Leia Boushh to the ROTJ major Character List....

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 11:48 PM »
I wonder if the 500th darth vader they made is the ultimate DV they mentioned in the article and if so if the trooper might be true then. [ crosses fingers ]

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 06:00 PM »
I hopes it's true as well. We still need a nicely articulated one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 12:29 AM »
I'd be happy with a holster and proper pistol.Or a nice two pack to station outside doors ;D