Author Topic: New GH Swami Report  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
New GH Swami Report
« on: March 7, 2004, 06:17 PM »
Cantina 3 Packs
Playskool
Rehash Rehash Rehash!

Swami Sez: Playsets, PLAYSKOOL, And MORE
« Last Edit: March 7, 2004, 09:36 PM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New GH Swami Report
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2004, 06:32 PM »
Well...here's at least hoping the 3 packs have something new (along with Kitik, Evazan and Wuher) as well as the playsets

Although all of this stuff is from Hasbro Direct, one only needs to look at the crap effort they put into the Red Leader figure to know they'll be crap too

Hoping
Cantina 3 Pack #1 Kitik, Evazan and Wuher
Cantina 3 Pack #2 Hem Dazon, Bom Vimdin and Myo
Rebel Forces Rebel Tech, Rebel Guard and Red Leader's R5 (or new Biggs, Red Leader or Wedge)
Imperial Set: Stormtrooper, New Gunner New DST
Carrying Case (Vader): VOTC Vader
Carrying Case (3PO) VOTC 3PO
Hoth Set: Major Derlin
Endor Set: Chief Chripa

Expecting
Cantina 3 Pack #1 Kitik, Evazan and Wuher
Cantina 3 Pack #2 Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrusman
Rebel Forces Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Soldier and Hoth Rebel Soldier
Imperial Set: Stormtrooper, Saga Vader, Old DST
Carrying Case (Vader): Saga Vader
Carrying Case (3PO) MMC 3PO
Hoth Set: Hoth Rebel Soldier
Endor Set: Saga Endor Han

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2004, 09:53 PM »
I was thinking about what I said about Hasbro Direct, I hope I'm wrong on that one actually. This stuff may actually be coming out of regular Hasbro so there might be some hope for some actual real figures here

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: March 7, 2004, 10:57 PM »
Well I'm hoping the Imp Forces means preposed Stormies and something similar for the Rebels. Limited articulation RFTs might be a good idea. Something tells me you're right though and we're being served up Hoth Rebels ala Poo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2004, 11:48 PM »
I'd much prefer a 3-pack of 3 of the same Super Articulated soldier than 3 pre-posed ones...

That's what I'm hoping for with the army builder sets more than anything, but it's not what I'm going to count on.  pre-posed 3-packs are remotely interesting, but going to still disappoint me compared to a super articulated army builder.  Pre-posed just doesn't = action figures to me, no matter how decent they look in a diorama.

The fun just isn't there.

For the Cantina 3-packs, I'm hoping for about the same thing you are Scott, but not going to count on it...  Only the 3 like Ktik and crew are the ones I'm counting on...  The other pack, sadly, I think will be repacks.

Here's my hope for the army builder set...

-Imperial:  1 SA Stormtrooper...  1 SA Snowtrooper...  1 SA Death Star Trooper...  (This would be a dream come true for me).

-Rebel:  1 SA Fleet Trooper...  1 SA Hoth Rebel Soldier...  1 SA Endor Solder (Or Rebel Tech, or Honor Guard, or Snowspeeder Pilot).

Well, wishful thinking of course, and not likely, but it'd be nice...  I'd take 3-packs of SA Clones over the pre-posed ones we got any day though, and same would go for the classic trilogy.  :(

For the other things, I'm mixed...

I mean, on the cases, I don't care really, but if they have decent figures I'm all into it.  The playsets I truly am hoping are NEW, not those craptacular little tiny sets from some years ago.  Those things were horrible I thought, and waited till I saw them for under $5 to pick them up (took a while, but eventually people dropped the price looooow).  

The vehicles disinterested me as well...  I know others are into a Sandcrawler and Y-Wing, but I just can't get excited over these two.  I don't feel the old molds do either vehicle much justice (and I'd never expect a to-scale Sandcrawler!)...  

I'd have dug news on a cloud car, though I think it's only time for that.  The Hasbro pilot figure is shaping up to be a daisy, so I can't wait to nab a car for him to buzz around Bespin in.  

So, Swami's news is something that COULD be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up much.  Especially on the 3-packs really.  I'd love to see something really special done with all the 3-packs though.  We can always hope, and think of what COULD be anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2004, 12:44 AM »
I'm not even going to hope or dream because I think these will be nothing but repacks.  Of course I'll jump for joy if we end up getting Kittik and company, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2004, 09:36 AM »
Playskool sets will be cool. Long awaited methink!  ;) Them & the Cantina 3-packs!  :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 8, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Its always nice to see some new rumors/news.  Of what was reported, I'm probably most looking forward to the possibility of more Playskool figures.  I really enjoy that line, and it would be great to see it continue in some form.  I'm also curious about the Hoth/Endor playsets, I hope they are done well...and not just re-releases of the POTF2 ones.  We will see.  I also have high hopes for the pack in figures with these things, but like many of you, I'm not expecting much.  I might pick up one of those carrying cases though, I haven't ever bought one before, and I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Y-wing again, I missed it the last time it was released.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: March 8, 2004, 12:17 PM »
I'd go for the carrying cases and the Sandcrawler. Hopefully Kitik will show somewhere, as I really don't care to own more repacks of Cantina characters.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk