Author Topic: 2004 Exclusives  (Read 8582 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2004 Exclusives
« on: February 25, 2004, 12:38 PM »
Not sure where this should be posted, since some of this will be Saga product and some might be OTC.  Anyways, this list was just posted over at Rebelscum, and since it included the Sandcrawler, I figured I would post it here:

New Hasbro Stock List
Posted by Jeremy on February 25, 2004:

Thanks to Sprout we now have an inkling of what Hasbro will be bringing us this year. The list was good and long, and aside from the figures, multipacks and vehicles Rebelscum has already posted (see Related Stories at the bottom of this post) the following items are new and unannounced:

Basic Figures 4-pack Assortment

3-3/4" Naboo Final Conflict (June 2004)

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene Packs

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene I Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Mundi (March 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene II Obi Wan, Plo Kloon, Ickath (May 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene III Shaak Ti, Chema, Sta Sta (July 2004)
3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene IV Anakin, Sae Sae, Adegalia (September 2004)
3-3/4" Convention / Toy Fair Figure (July 2004)

Classic Vehicle Assortment

3-3/4" Y Wing (August 2004)
3-3/4" Tie Fighter w/New Wings & Pilot (July 2004)
3-3/4" Sandcrawler (June 2004)
3-3/4" ESB Slave I with Boba Fett (July 2004)

So, it looks to be there will be another 4 Jedi council sets (thus allowing us to utter the immortal phrase "the circle is complete"!), a mystery promotional figure, another Y-wing (rehashed or remodelled we do not know), a TIE Fighter with NEW wings and a re-released Slave I (which has been rumoured for some months now - but will it be the SOTE/POTF2 or Saga one?). The scale of the Sandcrawler has now been answered as well, calming fears that rumoured pricepoints would not have allowed it to be 3-3/4" scale.

All of the above items are FOB, meaning that retailers must order them in bulk direct from Hong Kong so remember that release dates are when they will be available for shipping from the Far East and NOT when they will be available on shelves. You should add 4 to 8 weeks to get a better estimate when you will actually see these toys arriving.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 10:42 AM by OCB »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 NEW NEWS ON SANDCRAWLER
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 01:22 PM »
Who are Ickath, Chema and Sta Sta?  Poor spelling aside, I could figure out the rest (Sae Sae = Saesee Tinn and Adegalia = Adi Gallia)  Those I don't know.

I'll believe the TIE Fighter when I see it.

I wouldn't mind another Y-wing, especially if its re-decoed like the Target Awing.  Hopefully it will be a little easier to find this time around, as that thing was a b!tch to find.  I had to resort to ebay for mine and paid $45 for it.

So what four figures are coming with the Naboo Final Conflict pack?  It would be nice if it had some Naboo guards and the Amidala ascension gun.  Of course, that would be the right thing to do.  Hasbro will probably give us Maul, Qui Gon and Kenobi (fourth figure to be?) and some lame accessory.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Who are Ickath, Chema and Sta Sta?  Poor spelling aside, I could figure out the rest (Sae Sae = Saesee Tinn and Adegalia = Adi Gallia)  Those I don't know.

Well, my leading theory is that :

Ickath = Eeth Koth (say it fast and smuch it together)
Chema = Coleman Trebor (combine the ol into an h to get Cheman)
Sta Sta = Stass Allie (2 Stas = STAss)

That way Eeth would be in an Ep 1 scene with Plo and Obi-Wan, while Scene Number could be an Episode TWO Council Scene with Stass Allie, Shaak Ti, and Coleman Trebor.

Of course, this is all based on my ability to decipher overseas butchered spelling, so I could just be full of it and those are some little known Bear Clan kids.  What the hell do I know?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 01:47 PM »
Nice translation Jeff.  You have a new career in mind? :P  But you are probably correct, unless of course there are some obscure Jedi that Hasbro has a burning urge to promote and make.  

Mikey, ya gotta know that Naboo four pack will be JarJar, Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals and a battle droid :-*

I'd like a boxed Y-wing too.  I got a pretty good price off RS a while back (might have been from anthony-amarsella) for around $25 which made me pretty happy but I need a nice boxed one to go with my current Saga A-wing and Tie Fighter.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 01:55 PM »
Mikey, ya gotta know that Naboo four pack will be JarJar, Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals and a battle droid :-*

Hmmm...

There are so many ways it could go:
JarJar, Nass, Tarpals, Droid
Padme, Typho, Nute, Rune
Ani, R2, Droideka, Battle Droid
Padme, Obi-Wan, Ani, Qui-Gon

but it's probably:
Darth Maul (chopped in half)
Qui-Gon Jinn (1st version)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (1st version)
and either Pilot Anakin OR Padawan Anakin
with some cheezy accessory from the Episode 1 accessory packs.

Again, just my $0.02 cents worth of speculation.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 02:14 PM »
Good guesses, Jeff.  Makes sense and that should be every Council member seen in the TPM and AOTC made.

Yeah, that 4 pack will probably be crap.  I only bought the Imperial one.  The only other ones I might want are the Hoth for the droid and Tauntaun and the BH one for the swoop.  The rest suck.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: New List at Rebelscum
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 03:24 PM »
Oh my :o

We certainly have an innate ability to picture the worst, don't we?  Nice work again Jeff, those all suck.  I do agree the three plus an Anakin would make the most likely pack to make and least likely to sell.  

Only TRU up here brought in four packs.  Bounty hunter set sold well.  Subsequently they brought in Hoth.  It sold well too.  Then came the Jedi pack.  Both TRUs have at least 20-30 of these sitting on the shelves, never to move IMO.  And they sell up here for $34.95 plus the taxes, so $40 :o  They skipped the Imperial four pack ::)  I snagged the Hoth for the tauntaun and droid, BH for the bike and a loose Fett.  Really didn't need the Bossk in that set in retrospect :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Lol, Nataku, you've saved us a lot of time and come up with all the scenarios. We can now efficiently move on to bagging on the whole 4-pack suckiness.

Hmmm. If this is the oversees direct order list, this sure looks like the exclusives list for the year stateside, and what's good about it (if you can call it that) is that it's 85% TRU, figuing the 4 pack and council scenes along with at least one of the vehicles. At least we'll be able to find the things relatively easy. I have my fingers crossed that the council scenes hold up to the quality of the first ones. I'll crush myself outside the TRU under one of their overpriced plastic playhouses if they take old figures and cram them into a scene box with the floorpiece and make a 4-pack style abomination out of the sub-line.

I think the Sandcrawler will be easy to get if its at Target at the rumored higher pricepoint.

Any guesses on the destination for the other vehicles? I'm thinking:

Target
Sandcrawler (kinda/sorta officially there)
Y-Wing (previous Target exclusive)

Walmart
TIE Fighter (based on the TIE Bomber)

TRU
Slave 1 (based on the previous 12" exclusive Fett)

But with the things Hasbro's done this week, they're probably all exclusive to the 2 remaining FAO stores.  ::)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 05:25 PM »
I'm interested to see this Y-Wing. Hopefully it'll come with a sweet pilot and droid, as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 06:05 PM »
Some cool stuff coming in from Rebelscum there....

My Thoughts so far are:

-Screen Scenes...  That's a hell of a lot of 3-packs there.  Granted, the base isn't costing them anything to make practically and I wouldn't doubt that half those figures are rehashes rather than resculpts.  Still, it's a LOT of figures it seems.  I dunno where I'm gonna display this thing because it's gonna be big ultimately. :)  

I hope the figures are "up to snuff" as it were.  poseable, soft goods, hopefully with lightsabres, and decent articulation.  I was a little disapopinted with some of the figures in the previous two sets.  The Mace needed some work for sure.

-Toy Fair/Convention figure...  Ugh.  :(  The thought alone is depressing.  I just hope the Fan Club offers it.  I think a 3PO or Stormtrooper makes sense, vac-metalized and all.  What Say Ye?  

-Sandcrawler...  Eh, I guess I'm the guy that just isn't interested.  I could've never seen this released and I wouldn't have cared either way.  It's way underscaled (obviously) and just not interesting to me.  I'd rather droids from it be focused on, or a nice playset of the interior with interchangeable droid parts, ala the vintage Droid Factory.  To me that would've been much cooler.  A working "vacuum" tube to suck droids up would have been a neat action feature on it...  I'd dig that.  A massively underscaled toy of the entire vehicle just doesn't appeal to me much on any level really though.

-TIE FIghter with new Wings & Pilot...  Freakin' finally!  The annoying thing though, is Hasbro eeked that LITTLE extra out by basically screwing Kay Bee over in offering their craptacular exclusive last year.  And to me they jerked the consumer around too some.  

If they DON'T include the accurate pod with this TIE, then it's a blatant attempt at Hasbro getting you to buy two to make one decent one.  That would suck, but I wouldn't put it past them, and it's the type of thing that warrants massive organized negative feedback to the company if you ask me.

-Y-Wing...  I'm hoping for a new sculpt...  A whole new scale ship.  It could be done easily enough.  One with pop-off nacells would rock too!  Imagine a "battle damage" effect like the TIE fighters have had?  Anyone else thinking that'd be cool for this ship.  I mean, Y-Wings dropped like flies in the movies, so I'd dig a new to-scale version of the ship with pop-off nacells.  It'd make it look normal parked next to a Y-Wing and the new X-Wings too.

-Slave I...  Well, I can't say I care much about this either.  Unless the Fett's an impressively poseable figure, I'm disinterested in this.  I'm sure they'll not create a new larger sculpt and likely will just use the E2 one.  I'll only be picking this up if the figure's any good then.  

A more poseable pilot Boba may be cool though, so we'll see.  I think a Boba was listed on the Vintage OTC list though, so that will likely be a better version anyway.  May just go with that instead.

-Naboo Final Conflict 4-pack...  Eh, ok...  I wonder if it'll be kitbashed armybuilders like Panaka, Royal Guard, Footsoldier, and Ric Olie?  Or what?  I could squeeze more than 4 figures into this pack, but none of those figures really seems all that exciting.  And what large accessory could they possibly pack in there that we don't know of yet?  Or haven't already gotten.  I'm curious, but the way the 4-packs have steadily declined in quality, I'm not really drooling with anticipation.  Could be cool if Hasbro went the extra mile and did some retooling instead of just repackaging, but what's the likelihood of that at this point?  Slim to none, and I think I just saw Slim with his thumb out along the freeway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2004, 06:17 PM »
i am glad we are finally getting another Shaak Ti.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 06:19 PM by JediMAC »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2004, 06:25 PM »
That's a good point Mainland...  A neutral Shaak Ti is needed.  Now I wish Alya Secura, Barris Ofee, The other one that looks like her (name suddenly escapes me), Nikto Jedi, and Coleman Trebor were all getting a new NEUTRAL figure as well.  They'd be appreciated by me at least.  :)

I am  not a fan of the wild action poses of many of the AOTC Jedi figures.  I've been devising a way to do SA customs of them with ornate softgoods, but it's pretty rough going even just in visualizing how I'd go about doing it.  Hasbro didn't give me much to start with either, as most of the sculpts are very "specific" as well, with open mouths or other things frozen in time.  

Oh well, all in good time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 12:00 AM »
A luminara Unduli with a more neutral pose seems like a good idea.  I found those statue-jedi to be incredibly boring, especially since i couldnt imagine doing the splits if i was fighting battle droids...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 01:03 AM »
-Toy Fair/Convention figure...  Ugh.  :(  The thought alone is depressing.  I just hope the Fan Club offers it.  I think a 3PO or Stormtrooper makes sense, vac-metalized and all.  What Say Ye?  

I say....
* CorranHorn slaps JJNT with a big trout!!   ;D

I'm thinking perhaps the Naboo 4pack if it isn't Maul vs. Obiwan/Quigon with someone else to the side, its going to be something like the firefight in the halls of Theed Palace. Perhaps Amidala and a Naboo Guard vs a Battle Droid and Droideka.

And I don't believe the TIE Fighter one bit, we've been hearing about an accurate TIE for years now and every chance Hasbro has had to release one, they've screwed us over! If anything the TIE mentioned is probably the "exclusive" Darth Vader TIE that TRU.com has listed. Don't believe the hype on this one, Hasbro isn't giving us what we want in a TIE anytime soon. Besides wouldn't releasing 2 different TIEs in one year cause confusion in the market between the VOTC TIE and an Accurate TIE?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 03:20 AM »
I agree with the sentiments on that TRU 4-pack.  Blah!  Unless Hasbro does the right thing, and sticks some real hard to find figures in there like Ascension Amidala and the Naboo Royal Guard.  Other than that, I'd rather not have another rehashed Jedi Duel against Maul collaboration.

Great news on more Council scenes!  It'll be wonderful to be able to set up the entire Council now.  Really glad to see Hasbro stick with this concept, despite the plethora of shelf warming Screen Scenes at Target.  So, has anyone figured out who we still need in the various neutral and/or seated poses?

As for the ships, though I'll assume they're indeed coming, I'll believe the Sandcrawler and new wings Tie Fighter when I see them.  Hopefully they both come to fruition finally, since they're long overdue.  I'm curious to see what changes they make, if any, to the Y-Wing and Slave 1.  I assume the AOTC Slave 1 was more accurately sculpted than the original SOTE/POTF2 version?  One question:  Where the heck's the stinking Cloud Car?!   >:(

Another convention exclusive figure?  Obviously the "Toy Fair" part is wrong, since that's already passed.  I wonder if they'll make another silver figure.  I assume they will.  If so, who do you guys prefer it to be?  I'd say probably a Stormtrooper, which is what the upcoming Clonetrooper SHOULD HAVE been!   ::)

All in all, I'm excited with this list.  Any news is good news!